The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top paid managers

2 posters

Go down

Top paid managers Empty Top paid managers

Post by spencerclarke Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:53 am

Source: Yahoo!

Out-of-work Kenny Dalglish will finish the season as Britain's best-paid manager and the fifth highest-paid in the world, new figures from France Football magazine have revealed.

Liverpool accounts showed they were forced to pay off Dalglish and his staff with £9.5 million at the start of the season after deciding to replace him with Brendan Rodgers.

According to the magazine, £8.52m of that went straight into the pocket of the Scotsman, making him this season's highest-paid British coach without even having to manage a single game.

Dalglish was on a reported salary of around £3.5m while he was at Anfield and a tweet went viral when he left the club that read: "Kenny Dalglish has asked that the £8 million compensation owed to him after his sacking be put towards new Liverpool signings. Amazing gesture."

Angry Liverpool fans then bombarded the Liverpool Echo with phone calls asking why the local paper had not reported Dalglish's gesture.

The Echo were forced to publish a reply saying: "The simple reason is it's not true."

Dalglish won the League Cup for Liverpool last season but was criticised for paying out bloated transfer fees on unconvincing signings with the £35m paid for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll – the highest fee ever paid for a British player – drawing particular criticism.

Dalglish was fifth in the overall managers' high-earners list which was unsurprisingly topped by Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho who earns €14m (£12m) a year.

The highest-paid manager currently working in the Premier League is actually Arsene Wenger (€9.4m) who is sixth on the list overall.

Manchester City's Roberto Mancini is eighth on the list just making slightly more than Sir Alex Ferguson.

On the players' list, huge endorsement deals mean David Beckham just edges out Barcelona's Lionel Messi for top spot.

Top 10 best-paid coaches in 2012-13 (Source France Football – figures in Euros)

1. Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid): 14m

2. Carlo Ancelotti (PSG): 12m

3. Marcelo Lippi (Guangzhou Evergrande) : 11m

4. Guus Hiddink (Anzhi Makhachkala): 10.8m

5. Kenny Dalglish (Unemployed): 10m

6. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal): 9.4m

7. Fabio Capello (Russia): 9.2m

8. Roberto Mancini (Manchester City) 7.6m

9. Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) 7.5 m

10. José Antonio Camacho (China) 6.1m

Source: Yahoo!

Lots of interesting things from this piece but I'm just happy that for once the England Manager role isn't in the top ten!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Top paid managers Empty Re: Top paid managers

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:27 pm

That is astonishing Laugh

£10m and dad to Kelly Cates. Luckiest guy in the world?

Surprising how low down Hiddink is, I'd have expected him to top the pile myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:31 pm

No wonder Arsenal haven't got any money. Wenger has it Very Happy
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:33 pm

I know! He must get a bonus for everything he saves!

I actually thought capello could have been top

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down