The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a total lack of class!!!

+7
Shifty
Cyril
SecretFly
flyhalffactory
t1000advancedprototype
ChequeredJersey
thebluesmancometh
11 posters

Go down

What a total lack of class!!! Empty What a total lack of class!!!

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:02 pm

http://store.wru.co.uk/We-even-gave-you-a-head-startTee.-PRE-ORDER.-1-WEEK.html

Just saw these on the WRU website, and I have to say the WRU have once again let themselves down!!!

You expect the odd welsh fan to make a joke, maybe mock up the odd taunting Tshirt design as a harmless joke but for the governing body to do it just before the lions tour???

Typical WRU! I am pretty embarassed by this tbh.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

What a total lack of class!!! Empty Re: What a total lack of class!!!

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:03 pm

thumbsup that's because you have class Bluesmancometh. But it's not like the RFU and PRL have been all that classy recently either, nor the British Press in their 6N coverage
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:05 pm

That is absolutely fantastic. Have a sense of humour and enjoy the fun.

Seriously.. Nike and England made a Grandslam VIDEO! before they (didn't win) it!

This silly t-shirt should be the incentive England need for a good 2014.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:12 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:thumbsup that's because you have class Bluesmancometh. But it's not like the RFU and PRL have been all that classy recently either, nor the British Press in their 6N coverage

Well you expect the media to be the media.

I havn't seen much from the RFU thats awfully wrong of late tbh CJ, I have been quite impressed with them actually.

For the WRU to taunt the RFU/PRL and anyone involved with English rugby is pathetic, would you find an English Tshirt released after the game saying something along the lines of 'Back to the 3rd tier with you' funny t1000??

Everything the WRU does these days just makes a mockery of the sport and nation, they are pethetic little weasils who pre tournament were a bunch of no marks on a 7 game losing street, all feeling the heat and ducking the media to this act of petulance, grow up boys!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:16 pm

Crass and distasteful, this is not the "cool britania, in yer face, orangina" era now...... we have evolved since the 90s, even the WRU must realise the reality TV fifteen minutes of fame mindset is almost at an end (T1000 and his like excluded of course)

Next thing you'll have a 25 foot cardboard cut out of Posh & Becks oooops sorry Church & Henson gawking down on the Cardiff streets promoting the 2013 6Ns title

Well done the WRU for dragging a professional approach to the 6Ns by the Welsh squad into the mire
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:21 pm

What do the WRU care though? All they see is profit making opportunities. Sadly, there'll always be a fair few divs who will fork out for things like that and the WRU know this.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:23 pm

I can see a good few English followers cheekily buying them up and saving them for perhaps moments in the future.....

It's probably harmless jabbing...perhaps not belonging to an official Union store, I'd agree with blues there...but it does put silly pressure on Welsh sides and players to keep that there tee-shirt off the backs of 'Getting-Back-At-You' England fans who wouldn't mind wearing it at an appropriate time in the future....say maybe a WC?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:25 pm

To be fair it's better than the one with the Welsh chap urinating on an England shirt.

I don't think that one is an official WRU shirt though.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:33 pm

Bit of fun...

Maybe England should stop buggering up Grandslam day and actually grab it by the scruff for once. They are a huge nation with bags of talent.

I've lost count on how many grand slam matches they've lost.

Use it as motivation.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:To be fair it's better than the one with the Welsh chap urinating on an England shirt.

No thats not official, and the first of those were from Liverpool fans on ManUtd weren't they? It then travelled through all sports...

Not sure who said it but it's true, pressure, and pettyness aside as long as the WRU earn there few coins!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:38 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:To be fair it's better than the one with the Welsh chap urinating on an England shirt.

No thats not official, and the first of those were from Liverpool fans on ManUtd weren't they? It then travelled through all sports...

Not sure who said it but it's true, pressure, and pettyness aside as long as the WRU earn there few coins!!
Yeah, it's a pretty generic one, just saw it a lot when I lived in Cardiff.

I can understand a firm doing it, but it really shouldn't be official. Still, it's all about the cash.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 23 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

I think it's funny, at least it's in better tase than all those England Glory Grand slam T-Shirts 2013 that have now gone to waste Sad
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 7:54 pm

How is it better in taste shifty? The England grand slam ones were just early. I'm sure all nations plan for all eventualities. The MS ceremony would have been different if England had won i'm sure - i.e. they would have had two plans for it. I can guarantee you that in the days prior to wales' grand slam wins the t shirts were already printed. You wait until afterwards, you miss out (in a business sense). Planning therefore is not bad taste. However, poking fun of other nations is bad taste, and will only come round to bite us on the behind. Let's not forget the embarrassing run of losses recently.

Last edited by Griff on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:28 pm

Griff wrote:How is it better in taste shifty? The England grand slam ones were just early. I'm sure all nations plan for all eventualities. The MS ceremony would have been different if England had one i'm sure - i.e. they would have had two plans for it. I can guarantee you that in the days prior to wales' grand slam wins the t shirts were already printed. You wait until afterwards, you miss out (in a business sense). Planning therefore is not bad taste. However, poking fun of other nations is bad taste, and will only come round to bite us on the behind. Let's not forget the embarrassing run of losses recently.

+1

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:48 pm

Very stylish t-shirts. Just ordered 50.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 23 Mar 2013, 11:04 pm

I got 3 Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 24 Mar 2013, 4:50 pm

As long as people are happy to take the flak as much as they give it then I've no problem with this sort of stuff... Although given its issued by the actual union it lacks a bit of class.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerBoy Sun 24 Mar 2013, 5:05 pm

My God, such righteous indignation by some. I love it and I want one. thumbsup

RuggerBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 24 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

Well...they're not free, Rugger, even if'n you like'em. 14.99 and one is yours. Money where your mouth is now please. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerBoy Sun 24 Mar 2013, 5:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:Well...they're not free, Rugger, even if'n you like'em. 14.99 and one is yours. Money where your mouth is now please. Wink
The money is now in the coffers of Welsh rugby - and I'm even saving on postage, having got one for my missus and the two lads as well. I can't wait to wear it down the local (English) club. Very Happy

RuggerBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down