The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Aussies captain invisible.

5 posters

Go down

Next Aussies captain invisible. Empty Next Aussies captain invisible.

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sun 24 Mar 2013, 6:23 pm

With a history of about 136 years aussies side had only 44 captains till,now. Every time we,had an instinct of future captain but in the present side this is missing.

thesquarecut.blogspot.in/2013/03/a-captain-invisible.html?m=1
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Next Aussies captain invisible. Empty Re: Next Aussies captain invisible.

Post by gboycottnut Sun 24 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

There is one Australian player who I think should not only be in the Australian test team but also be leading it due to his vast experience of playing English county cricket conditions and that is Chris Rogers. With a batting middle order of Rogers at 4, Clarke at 5 and Watson at 6 suddenly Australia have a strong and very stable solid middle order again.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 4:08 am

gboycottnut wrote:There is one Australian player who I think should not only be in the Australian test team but also be leading it due to his vast experience of playing English county cricket conditions and that is Chris Rogers. With a batting middle order of Rogers at 4, Clarke at 5 and Watson at 6 suddenly Australia have a strong and very stable solid middle order again.
But man he is not in the team now and as far as his age, he is 35. So he will go for a retirement in some time. I am talking about the one present in the team now. I have,mentioned in the article above on the given address.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

subhranshu.kumar.5 wrote:
gboycottnut wrote:There is one Australian player who I think should not only be in the Australian test team but also be leading it due to his vast experience of playing English county cricket conditions and that is Chris Rogers. With a batting middle order of Rogers at 4, Clarke at 5 and Watson at 6 suddenly Australia have a strong and very stable solid middle order again.
But man he is not in the team now and as far as his age, he is 35. So he will go for a retirement in some time. I am talking about the one present in the team now. I have,mentioned in the article above on the given address.

But a batsman can still play well enough until he is into his late thirties early forties, e.g. Graham Gooch and to an extent Mike Hussey.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:41 pm

Rogers is a handy first class player. But as was said , he is no spring chicken , and he has played one Test.

Bit of a leap of faith to call on him as the savior.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:21 am

alfie wrote:Rogers is a handy first class player. But as was said , he is no spring chicken , and he has played one Test.

Bit of a leap of faith to call on him as the savior.

Yes he is no spring chicken but he can bring plenty of experience to the the Aussie team in terms of batting in English cricket conditions.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 1:16 pm

I ask my australian friends to put some light on whether Selectors are thinking on him or not. One more thing gb he is not going to be the captain of Australia ever. As till the time clarke will retire he would already have left Cricket.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:49 pm

Are all the half-decent batting options available to Australian selectors are openers? Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Watson, and if now Rojers?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:38 pm

msp83 wrote:Are all the half-decent batting options available to Australian selectors are openers? Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Watson, and if now Rojers?

Not to much different from England with Joe Root and not much else for the number 6 position.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 27 Mar 2013, 6:17 pm

Siddle.

He shows commitment, passion and determination.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down