The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions selection with a difference...

+5
Geordie
wales606
majesticimperialman
ScarletSpiderman
sirBiggles
9 posters

Go down

Lions selection with a difference... Empty Lions selection with a difference...

Post by sirBiggles Mon 25 Mar 2013, 2:16 pm

Lions tours are full of tradition, one being the youngest touring Lion has to look after the Lions mascot (the cuddly toy Lion) no matter where they are, and if found without it is subject to a tour fine.

Keith Earls had the honour last and passed it to Leigh Halfpenny who joined the party late due to injury before having to withdraw again with injury passing the duty back to Keith Earls.

So, who's your money on for getting this honour this time round...

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Lions selection with a difference... Empty Re: Lions selection with a difference...

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 25 Mar 2013, 2:18 pm

George North at a guess.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Lions selection with a difference... Empty Re: Lions selection with a difference...

Post by sirBiggles Mon 25 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

Reckon you have it there... I cant think of anyone younger in with a shout of being in the touring party...

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Mon 25 Mar 2013, 2:28 pm

Nope scrap that, Stuart Hogg...

George North 13 April 1992
Stuart Hogg 24 June 1992

So a few months in it..

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:06 pm

What about Owen Farrell. Isn't he about 21?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:11 pm

N'ah apparently Farrel is ancient September 21, 1991. Could quite well be a very young Lions contingent this year. Especially when you think Foxy, Tuppance, Tipuric, Warburton, Biggar are all around 23-24, and Manu is only 21.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:26 pm

Rhys Patchell Whistle
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:34 pm

How old is Launchbury?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:54 pm

Launchbury April 12, 1991 ... but does he really deserve a Lions place.

I don't think so... He had a good AI series, which set him as one to watch in the 6 Nations, but I don't think he lived up to the hype.

Maybe one for the future, but nowhere near good enough to replace Lions second rowers such as: Alyn Wyn; Ian Evans; Parling; POC if fit; Donnacha Ryan; Hamilton; without even considering players who can fit into 2nd and back row like Ryan Jones which gives cover on the bench.

I think Launchbury will off to Argentina with the English side and will be the better for it, as if he does get a Lions spot, it will not be a test one.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

sirBiggles wrote:Nope scrap that, Stuart Hogg...

George North 13 April 1992
Stuart Hogg 24 June 1992

So a few months in it..
picard My haircut's older than that.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

wales606 wrote:Rhys Patchell Whistle

That would be a big call...

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 25 Mar 2013, 4:46 pm

sirBiggles wrote:Launchbury April 12, 1991 ... but does he really deserve a Lions place.

I don't think so... He had a good AI series, which set him as one to watch in the 6 Nations, but I don't think he lived up to the hype.

Maybe one for the future, but nowhere near good enough to replace Lions second rowers such as: Alyn Wyn; Ian Evans; Parling; POC if fit; Donnacha Ryan; Hamilton; without even considering players who can fit into 2nd and back row like Ryan Jones which gives cover on the bench.

I think Launchbury will off to Argentina with the English side and will be the better for it, as if he does get a Lions spot, it will not be a test one.

I don't think Launchbury was ever hyped. He had an exceptional AI series ( with MOM displays) and then continued his very good form into the 6Ns until he unfortunately got injured. I think he did well to recover & make the Wales game but didn't look fully fit to me. I have seen him regularly (admittedly as a biased Wasps supporter!) & he just does not have bad games & is frequently excellent.
His handling,speed and agility are second to none compared to the other locks available.
I think he has been consistently as good as any lock in the 6Ns & would be surprised not to see him go on the Lions Tour.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 25 Mar 2013, 5:59 pm

Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Wade tour, I wouldn't think a forward stands a chance, and North/Hogg are very young for their stature in their int teams.

But generally doesn't the youngest get fined or penalised? Who's going to enforce a penalty on George... God?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:11 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Wade tour, I wouldn't think a forward stands a chance, and North/Hogg are very young for their stature in their int teams.

But generally doesn't the youngest get fined or penalised? Who's going to enforce a penalty on George... God?

Simon Shaw!! in full YMCA biker gear Shocked

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Wade tour, I wouldn't think a forward stands a chance, and North/Hogg are very young for their stature in their int teams.

Simon Shaw!! in full YMCA biker gear Shocked

Think Gatland and co would help George too then...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Who's going to enforce a penalty on George... God?

Craig Joubert censored
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:59 pm

Who?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down