The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Srilankans Not allowed to play for their team In Tamil Nadu.

3 posters

Go down

Srilankans Not allowed to play for their team In Tamil Nadu. Empty Srilankans Not allowed to play for their team In Tamil Nadu.

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Cricket is a game that covers all boundries and bring people together. But unfortunately because of Political disorder SL players are prohibited in Chennai. May be a threat issue. But I suppose it is a defeat to Cricket. All in one I am sad that politicians are just trying to corrupt the game of cricket too. Being in a nation of such large cricket followers we are unfortunate that Cricket is losing its uniformity. picard
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Srilankans Not allowed to play for their team In Tamil Nadu. Empty Re: Srilankans Not allowed to play for their team In Tamil Nadu.

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Just some background to the post - the IPL have barred teams from picking Sri Lankan players in matches in Chennai due to protests in Tamil Nadu at the treatment of Tamils in SL http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/626858.html

Ranatunga has urged SL players to boycott the IPL in response http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/story/626959.html though given the money involved I suspect he'd have to withdraw their NOCs first

Murali (who is a Tamil) has expressed disappointment at the IPL decision.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Srilankans Not allowed to play for their team In Tamil Nadu. Empty Re: Srilankans Not allowed to play for their team In Tamil Nadu.

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 pm

It is really unfortunate that cricket being affected because of political disrupt. I was listening to Mr. Rajeev Shukla, IPL chairman that they should obey local govt. because local govt. provides a lot of support in terms of security etc. And the govt. of Tamil Nadu itself against SL so they are against Srilankan Players.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 am

Politics affecting cricket is nothing new....England refuse to play, host or visit Zimbabwe, and that's because of politics.
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down