The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A completely new and original v2 topic..... I hope

+12
summerblues
Born Slippy
ryan86
The Special Juan
hawkeye
Danny_1982
HM Murdock
laverfan
Cogen
Josiah Maiestas
JuliusHMarx
LuvSports!
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A completely new and original v2 topic..... I hope Empty A completely new and original v2 topic..... I hope

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:16 pm

"Good day fellow hebrews and shebrews, what a glorious jewish day. Did you see those coupons in the paper ey? Some good deals there. I saw someone selling a TV last week, they were asking for 1000 but i UShed them down to 500 (gets kicked on the crotch)."

Slight curveball here comrades from the norm (for the above and topics wise) got a few questions for ya on atp players.

1) Which current atp player would you most want to have a drink/night out with? (for me gulbis, he likes sweet mary jane and is cut from a different, non boring tennis player, cloth).

2) Who would you most like to give a clip round the ear? (for me tomic, hes a grumpy so and so and I think I could take him, he's just got a long reach would could be trouble)

3) Who would you most like to have a 100m race against? (Nadal, to see how fast I am against him and if he gets way out in front i will try and trip him up).

4) What player would you most like to give advice to? (Monfils, stop being so defensive and attack more, its infuriating! Oh and using the excuse that "you are black" so you sweat more is lame)

5) WHo would you want to play tennis with the most (No brainer, feds Very Happy)

Thoughts? Smile

Last edited by LuvSports! on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : told to)

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

A completely new and original v2 topic..... I hope Empty Re: A completely new and original v2 topic..... I hope

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:21 pm

The Admins got into trouble with the cops when someone posted about punching a public figure, so could you edit to re-word question 2 - maybe, which player would you cross the street to avoid, or something like that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

A completely new and original v2 topic..... I hope Empty Re: A completely new and original v2 topic..... I hope

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm

(for me gulbis, he likes sweet mary jane and is cut from a different, non boring tennis player, cloth).
How can you say he is not boring? He is very full of himself, which for me is a trait of boring people. My answer to the first one would be Delpo.

4) What player would you most like to give advice to?
Probably Murray not that he would listen. Another one would be Raonic.

5) WHo would you want to play tennis with the most
Again Delpo, however if this was 2007 and before it would be Fed.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cogen Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:41 pm

1) I'd like a drink with Murray, because he is my sporting hero (Gosh, that sounds mushy, haha) ... Except he doesn't drink alcohol. Come to think of it, neither do I very often. I haven't had a drink since New Year Laugh

2) Ermmm, I honestly can't think of anyone I'd cross the street to avoid (Wink) ... I have so much respect for all of the guys on the tour for the talent and determination they have. Someone give me a reason to hate someone? mad

3) Agree, I'd like a race against Nadal, maybe Murray too. I'm pretty fast... ran the 100m in 12s back at school... I reckon I might be able to take 'em! Cool

4) I'd like to give Raonic some advice. He's got such a monster serve, and for a big guy his movement around the court is not that bad. I'd just tell him to spend weeks doing nothing but practicing his returns. If he could get more returns in play at a decent pace he wouldn't need to rely on tie-breakers so much and he'd shoot up the rankings.

5) That's a tough one. Probably Nadal. I want to see just what his topspin feels like shooting towards you and coming off your racket.

Cogen

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm

1. Soderling (or Ferrer)
2. Absolutely no one
3. Monfils
4. Federer
5. Laver (or Pancho)

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:55 pm

1) Nastase. Sure it would be a free bar Smile
2) No player, but a few posters spring to mind censored
3) Ferrer
4) Fognini
5) Connors

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:59 pm

1) Novak
2) Tomic
3) Murray. I keep hearing how fast he is, I'd like to test it!
4) Tennis advice? Not a thing I would say to any of them. For general advice, I'd tell Novak that Gangnam Style got old months ago and please no more shirt tearing.
5) I'm not sure whether to go for the sleazy answer of Ivanovic or something less creepy! There's a masochistic part of me that would like to be on the receiving end of Nadal's top spin or a Del Potro howitzer.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:27 pm

atp related murdoch Wink you dog you!

but yeah give your reasons peeps!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:30 pm

My reasons would be inappropriate for this type of forum!

Ok if you wish I could PM them.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cogen Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:34 pm

LuvSports! wrote:atp related murdoch Wink you dog you!

Exactly! Otherwise I would have picked Sharapova, or Ivanovic, or Robson as my "have a drink with"! Yahoo

Cogen

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:35 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:My reasons would be inappropriate for this type of forum!

Ok if you wish I could PM them.

I'm good thanks, seems kinda needy.
Just edit it them as I did.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:37 pm

I always think robson is a man when i see it, took me a while to realise it was laura you were referring to.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:43 pm

Cogen wrote:
LuvSports! wrote:atp related murdoch Wink you dog you!

Exactly! Otherwise I would have picked Sharapova, or Ivanovic, or Robson as my "have a drink with"! Yahoo
Cogen, if you are older than 25, I must declare you a dirty dog for choosing the 19 year old Robson! Wink

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Cogen Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

Haha... was waiting for someone to call me out on it! Whistle

I just turned 26. Don't go for anyone more than 3 or 4 years younger than me in my normal dating life... but you can make an exception when it comes to famous people, right?!

I'd totally marry Laura... Think of how much money she's going to rake in for me over the next 10 years! I'd never have to work again and could just spend the whole year travelling round the world watching tennis! Laugh

Cogen

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

Murdoch - Ivanovic over Kirilenko?

Controversial. Laugh

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:59 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:Murdoch - Ivanovic over Kirilenko?

Controversial. Laugh
Ha! The lovely Maria featured heavily in my deliberations! In honesty, I could have chosen 3 or 4 names there but I feared it would take an already sleazy answer into the very depths of the gutter!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:00 pm

haha i had a feeling i was opening a can of worms with the first one Smile

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:06 pm

Controversial. Laugh

MaKiri just married someone, IIRC. Ovechkin.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:07 pm

I wouldn't mind being in the gutter if Kirilenko was with me!

Hypothetically of course. The only woman for me is my fiancé.

(Just in case she ever looks at 606v2) Laugh

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:08 pm

laverfan wrote:

Controversial. Laugh

broken Sad

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

I have my 3 wives lined up so i aint as fussed about the tennis lot eloping left right and centre.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:21 pm

Gosh! You boys. Don't let "Woofie" see this article...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:27 pm

hawkeye wrote:Gosh! You boys. Don't let "Woofie" see this article...

Who's Woofie HE?

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:29 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2299589/Caroline-Wozniacki-Maria-Sharapova-glamour-girls-working-way-top.html
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:50 pm

nah she doesn't do it for me woz.

anymore reasonings?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

Danny_1982.

If I'm perfectly honest I have no idea... But judging by some of the comments here on 606v2 they would like to discuss the sort of things mentioned in this article and are often (heavily) criticized because posters imagine they would want to do so.

Ha ha! I was trying to make a point but maybe it was a bit too obscure...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

Don't be cryptic HE, if you have a point make it.

As for Miss Wozniaki, I like her. Good looking woman and a lovely bubbly personality. I bet she'd be a great laugh on a night out.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:40 pm

1) JWT - I thought about Murray, but JWT seems like such a nice guy.
2) Gilles Simon. May be a perfectly nice bloke, but the guy bores me to sleep with his tennis.
3) I don't really want to run 100m.
4) Laura Robson, come up with a solution for those servies yips.
5) Federer

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:45 pm

1. Tsonga - top dude
1(a) WTA - Cibulkova

2. N/a

3. Karlovic (give myself a chance)

4. Gasquet - just annoys me that he thinks he is a defensive grinder

5. Murray

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Controversial. Laugh

broken Sad

There are many that I could/would recommend. Perhaps Hantuchova, Petkovic, Kerber, Lisicki, Hsieh, Peng, Morita, Navarro, Peschke...

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:52 pm

laverfan wrote:
Danny_1982 wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Controversial. Laugh

broken Sad

There are many that I could/would recommend. Perhaps Hantuchova, Petkovic, Kerber, Lisicki, Hsieh, Peng, Morita, Navarro, Peschke...

OK, but no more than two at a time.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
laverfan wrote:There are many that I could/would recommend. Perhaps Hantuchova, Petkovic, Kerber, Lisicki, Hsieh, Peng, Morita, Navarro, Peschke...

Oh no, this is so inappropriate. Someone call the mods please.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:18 pm

summerblues wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
laverfan wrote:There are many that I could/would recommend. Perhaps Hantuchova, Petkovic, Kerber, Lisicki, Hsieh, Peng, Morita, Navarro, Peschke...

Well, I'll make it three at a time if you insist, but at my age it would be against my doctor's advice.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:21 pm

Oh! Now I know the sort of articles that please the moderators on 606v2. Ha ha!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
summerblues wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Well, I'll make it three at a time if you insist, but at my age it would be against my doctor's advice.

Which 3 out of the above list Julius?

In order of preference please.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:22 pm

In reply to the OP

1. Djoko. I think he would be the most interesting and amenable to chat to
2. Any player who's scared to come to the net
3. None, but I'd like a 10 metre race against Monfils
4. Nadal - the position of your drinks bottles won't affect the outcome of part of your matches
5. Connors

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:36 pm

hawkeye wrote:Oh! Now I know the sort of articles that please the moderators on 606v2. Ha ha!

Perhaps a bit light-hearted banter is what we all need.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:44 pm

you're welcome Wink

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:47 pm

I've always thought Lisicki had a lovely smile.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:56 pm

maybe i should change this thread into "who's the hottest female tennis player?"

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 28 Mar 2013, 2:08 am

Then we will need "who's the hottest female tennis player?" as well. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:32 am

LuvSports! wrote:maybe i should change this thread into "who's the hottest female tennis player?"
Another subject for which there is no definitive answer. And yet one I never tire of discussing!

In fact I'd say this is a Golden Era for WTA attractiveness... Run

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 28 Mar 2013, 8:16 am

LF you can start that topic Wink not my cup of tea.

HM the floor is yours!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 28 Mar 2013, 9:22 am

HM Murdoch wrote:
...I'd say this is a Golden Era for WTA attractiveness... Run

One era discussion that many of us would enjoy. Especially if backed up by photographic evidence.

Only thing I would say is that there is some hype about the hotness of some of the top players - while MaSha is not unattractive, she's not by any means in the top 10 hotties of the WTA. One ranking where Miss Ivanovic has been able to hold on to her #1 spot for a number of years heart

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:12 am

off topic but................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carlos_moya_cincyATP07_QF_1.jpg

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:31 am

que?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

Just a counterpoint to the WTA discussion Very Happy

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:25 am

You got a man crush carrieg? Wink

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:38 am

LuvSports! wrote:You got a man crush carrieg? Wink

Moya heart

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:54 am

LuvSports! wrote:You got a man crush carrieg? Wink

Are you certain, this is the correct question?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next