The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Smith brothers - Is there a diamond amongst them??

5 posters

Go down

The Smith brothers -  Is there a diamond amongst them?? Empty The Smith brothers - Is there a diamond amongst them??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:07 am

Or is it just a case of cheap publicity because there are so many of them??????

We know Paul Smith hasn't got a future at the top level.....But a la the Curry brothers is there one that is special!!!

Usually amongst a big family only one is really talented......As my brother tends to remind me!! Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Smith brothers -  Is there a diamond amongst them?? Empty Re: The Smith brothers - Is there a diamond amongst them??

Post by hampo17 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:09 am

Callum looks a very good prospect. Still in the early stages of his career but has good technique, speed and some power behind his punches.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Smith brothers -  Is there a diamond amongst them?? Empty Re: The Smith brothers - Is there a diamond amongst them??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:11 am

I'll keep an eye out for him.. Hampo..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 am

He's on tonights undercard, has had 3 fights won them all with one stoppage. Due to be out again on 20th of April so appears to be keeping active as well.

Last edited by hampo171 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 am

I'll be watching...Becoming a bit of Bellew fanboy in my old age....

Engaging character who usually provides a decent fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 am

Callum was always thought of as the best prospect if I can remember correctly and he has looked pretty good so far

Not every boxer will make it to world level but that doesn't mean that they won't have a good career, but if there was one you'd think Callum could make it

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:27 am

He's got a british title defence lined up as well Truss, I like the way he's keeping active now that he's with matchroom.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 am

The way this thread is going poor old Callum will ostracized by the rest of the family...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:51 am

Watched Callum a bit in the amateurs. Lost in the Commonwealth games to NI's Paddy Gallagher at Welter in 2010. Ended up fighting at Light-Heavy in the final Olympic qualifying tournament and was desperately unluckly not to qualify for the games themselves.

I like the family, seem like a decent, down to earth bunch. Hope one of them wins a World title.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:56 am

Cheers for the input....

Whatever the family.....usually tends to be one standout....

The Baer brothers, Spinks, Curry, Hilton.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Yeah, and a disproportionate amount of times it seems to be the youngest.

Paul has had a good career, but always fell short. Stephen seems to be doing alright at Superfeather as does Liam at Light Middle, but I don't think either are world class. Hope Callum is the pick of the bunch. He's young and Matchroom keep him busy. The brothers do say he is the best of the lot.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:10 pm

You're right about the youngest.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down