The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gap

+2
Mr H
Enforcer
6 posters

Go down

How has the gap between WWE and TNA changed in the last 12 months?

The Gap Vote_lcap33%The Gap Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
The Gap Vote_lcap8%The Gap Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
The Gap Vote_lcap58%The Gap Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

The Gap Empty The Gap

Post by Enforcer Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:05 am

With Wrestlemania days away, how do you feel the gap between TNA and WWE has changed (if at all) in the last 12 months?

Rather than looking at ratings, I'm interested in your thoughts in the quality of wrestler, storyline, or whatever it is that keeps you hooked in a wrestling company.

Has WWEs use of returning Superstars to boost the Wrestlemania card made it even better...or has putting the WWE Title on a part time wrestler from a bygone era cheapened the product?

Have TNA kept you hooked in their build of Bully Ray as number one heel in the company...or has the saturation of the Hogans on screen turned you off?

Please add comment as well as voting to explain your choice.

Cheers.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Gap Empty Re: The Gap

Post by Mr H Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:28 am

I voted for no change. Both are still mediocre at their own levels.

*Awaits Hobo to champion TNA's improvement*

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:38 am

Mr H wrote:
*Awaits Hobo to champion TNA's improvement*

Challenge Accepted.

I think that WWE has tread water this year. Dont get me wron, The SHield and Punk have been great but looking at the card, it shows that no real stars have been made and if anything the midcard is non existant (or at least an afterthought).

TNA looked to be going great guns at this point last year with Roode and Storm looking immense and Aries also in there. Then Aces and 8s happened. For the majority of the year, TNA went backwards but since the UK shows and especially since leaving Florida, it has come on leaps and bounds again. I think Bully at the helm will be good for business and creatively.

X Division is looking better than it was last year, tag division is light BUT does have the 4 most entertaining characters on the roster in it. And Bully Ray as champ is gold. However, its not all good - tag division is light and like WWE, the midcard (which feels less midcard in that they could be main event if pushed immediately) is in no mans land.

So to sum up - I think that WWE stood still, TNA got worse but then better and slightly above where they were.

If things continue as is, TNA will be much closer next year.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:42 am

I hope my wingman turns up to back me up!

True Story.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

There is yet to be one decent story in TNA since I started watching. In terms of what I was promised to what I have seen then I imagine TNA can only have got worse. However, I think their name has grown in the UK, and as such I think there's a balance. Probably fair to say its stayed the same

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

My vote would go to 'both have hardly been brilliant but there's more green shoots of promise in WWE based upon the guys coming through from developmental'

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

I think thats harsh on TNA that there hasnt been one good story.

There has, its just they havent been played out that well.

Aces and Eights was sound on paper, along with the Brooke wedding but it didnt have the star power.

Also think that the Roode/ Storm story was very good but fumbled at the end.

I would say its no different to how some of the WWE stories were very good but fumbled - The shield has petered out, Ryback has petered out and Punk deserved better than he got (dont get me wrong, the match vs Undertaker is a prime slot but he doesnt deserve to be forgotten about from the main event picture so readily)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

I have said that the gap has stayed the same. I think both have improved slightly since this time last year, however neither be enough to make me vote for one of the other.

For large parts of the year I have found myself not caring about a large percentage of what TNA and WWE were doing, however when they were doing something well I felt it was better than in recent years.

Both companies have picked up over the last couple of months, TNA more than WWE in that time...however TNA took so many backward steps in mid to late 2012 that they only just managed to get ahead of where they were.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:33 pm

I think the gap has got wider, to say the WWE haven't made stars in the last year I'd suggest is wrong, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins are huge names these days, most Wrestling fans will have heard of these guys now and they've only had a handful of matches, Ryback whether you like him or not is a household name, I'd also say that Dolph Ziggler is now a much bigger star than he was 12 months ago as is Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro has burst onto the scenes and made such an impact that most fans I've seen are despondent he hasn't got a big WrestleMania role, Wade Barrett is more relevent than he was 12 months ago and it seems like the WWE have plans for him, all of these guys mentioned above could all realistically be in contention for the World Titles in the WWE in the next 12 months, that's how high their stocks risen.

CM Punk proved himself to be a top guy in that 12 months, he finally got main billing against guys like Cena, Ryback and then Rock, he couldn't even get on second last before last Mania, now he's in a match with the one guy who is probably more synonymous with WrestleMania than anyone else

The Rock and John Cena are in the final chapter of a story culminating two years, Brock and HHH look like entering the final chapter of their near on year feud

I'd say WWE have had a pretty solid year which has seen them in a far better place than they where this time last year, which got so boring it made me switch off from Feb-July

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum