The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youtube - How the mind plays tricks !!

5 posters

Go down

Youtube - How the mind plays tricks !! Empty Youtube - How the mind plays tricks !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:14 pm

Great invention...Watching the fights I grew up watching....However many of the fights I've revisited are so much different than what I remembered them to be...

Anybody else revisited a fight and been shocked that it was not like you remembered it.....Guess the mind wants to remember things the way it once...with spin....

Rosario-Chavez was more competitive early than the slap I gave Chavez credit for...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Youtube - How the mind plays tricks !! Empty Re: Youtube - How the mind plays tricks !!

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:20 pm

I watched a a few Julian Jackson and Mccallum fights last night which somehow took me to Benn v McClellan.
Always remembered it as pretty one sided with McClellan bossing it but it wasn't like that on last nights viewing. First time I've seen it since it happened as I never wanted to before.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Youtube - How the mind plays tricks !! Empty Re: Youtube - How the mind plays tricks !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:21 pm

Interesting Ranj...........I haven't seen it since the first time.....I would have thought the same as you.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:40 pm

The "get down there" punch that Barkley hit Tommy with is etched in my mind. It was used in the intro segment to Grandstand every Saturday afternoon.

I revisited it a while ago and yes as Tommy is in the process of falling over Iran hits him with a murderous punch.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 05 Apr 2013, 9:00 am

I know exactly what you mean here truss.. And it applies to more than just boxing. I'm not goading on don curry here, because, honeyghan spats aside, I always really liked him as a fighter. I remember him being well on top against mccallum, before the bingo shot. i know you don't agree, but I Watched it recently, not a lot in it really for me.

I've never actually sat through Benn mccclellan, since I watched it from the gods at the time. After the first couple of rounds I remember Benn getting much more into it.

The good thing about Jackson fights is you can watch 5 of them in full if you have ten minutes spare ranjit!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 05 Apr 2013, 9:04 am

I don't like to admit this after years of bickering on the subject but hagler Leonard gets a little closer each time I watch it. I refuse to ever watch it again on, as if the pattern continues one day I'll have hagler winning!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 05 Apr 2013, 9:29 am

So many seem different. I was able to witness Sugar Ray Robinson KO a fighter whilst walking backwards into the ropes. The sweetest mid-range right hook I EVER saw. Genius.

Thank you, Youtube.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:36 am

That's definitely true with Jackson, milky. Stop or be stopped. He' right up there in my most exciting fighters list that time forgot for that reason.
Benn had an hiding the first round but from the second on ut was even for me. The crowd cheering every Benn hook probably played a part though.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:44 am

Yes, the Jackson one punch ko reel is a thing of beauty if you weren't the recipient. He certainly had a knack for putting guys to sleep with one shot before they hit the floor as Norris and graham among others found out.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:51 am

Jackson vs Wayne Powell is the scariest shot I've seen..........Nearly broke his neck............

Well worth a look on youtube.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down