The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most important show of the wrestling year?

+8
HitmanOwl
owen10ozzy
Kay Fabe
NickisBHAFC
Paul Mac 6CW
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
Adam D
12 posters

Go down

The most important show of the wrestling year? Empty The most important show of the wrestling year?

Post by Adam D Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:06 am

I remember discussing this on 606 years ago but is tonights RAW show the most important wrestling show of the year?

For me, Mania is the pay off but RAW the following night is the one where things are explained, new feuds start and big things happen.

If last night was indeed a damp squib, then surely tonight is going to be amazing?

Someone say it is!

A

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The most important show of the wrestling year? Empty Re: The most important show of the wrestling year?

Post by Crimey Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:07 am

It better be.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The most important show of the wrestling year? Empty Re: The most important show of the wrestling year?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:04 am

I stopped watching 3 weeks ago because it was painfully obvious that Wrestlemania season was, and was going to be, utter crap, and now having read the reaction, I feel completely vindicated in my decision
Will be back on board tonight (well probably Thursday or Friday by time I get round to watching it).
It's like the beginning of a new football season - you can forget the last one that started with so much promise and then fizzled out.
It is the most important show of the year
Sets the tone.

Vince will also be feeling the reaction - and he tends to pull stuff out of the bag when there is a aura of disappointment around a big show.
He'll have been in the office with his creative team all night, blasting out a new script.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:07 am

It can't get any worse

I didn't order Mania for the simple fact that it was over priced but like a child on Christmas Eve I went to bed last night in the hope of something special but I woke up this morning to find coal in my sack Sad

WWE really needs freshening up - I'm hoping that a new era is borne tonight but I don't know if that is me desperately clinging onto the memories of Hogan/Warrior, Stone Cold etc of a time when WWE made me stand up and shout at the TV, when I was the No 1 mark.

WWE I am giving you your months notice either shape up or me and you are through!!!!!

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 1:10 pm

The most important show of the wrestling year - was Poopie

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 08 Apr 2013, 1:51 pm

Tonight is huge, chance to save a lot from what a lot of people would call last night's disaster.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 08 Apr 2013, 4:06 pm

For a long time now I've found my most enjoyable time is from May-December, I've not liked what 'WrestleMania season' has become and I don't feel its meant to appeal to me anyway, I far more enjoy the 'off season' when the WWE don't mind taking chances on people and giving guys they're not always 100% sure about a decent run

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 4:34 pm

Agreed Kay-Fabe....

There was a time when Wrestlemania was all about progressive storyline's and months of culmination coming together for the big pay off. These days it feels like from Jan through to the big event the WWE play it safe...they have there go to guys and do not stem away from them.

Look no further than Dolph Ziggler....who held the MITB briefcase across arguably the 3 'Biggest' events of the year yet failed to cash it in. All whilst maintaining the gimmick of the 'Show Off' and preaching that he was the guy who stole the show.

I said last night that I was done with WWE for the time being....until I see some vast changes in direction with the way they are going.

Your right in that tonight is the most important show of the year...it is the set up to the year. It sets the tone for what is to come.....unfortunately given the way things ended last night I can't help but think tonight is going to be a victory parade for Cena.

I foresee....a long and emotional story about Cena finding redemption....changing the WWE landscape and ending on 'our time is now'...which will set up a very lengthy title reign where he overcomes the same faces he has overcome before.

I think HHH will come out and talk about last night being the toughest fight he has had. But he came through everything...overcame the monster (who has lost 66.6% of his matches since coming back).....ending with something along the lines of 'It isn't GAME Over' just yet.

I have heard no rumours of anyone coming back and since Brock isn't booked to appear I'm not sure we will get to much of an insight as to who is feuding with who just yet.

Ryback was supposed to be Cena's next challenger whilst Punk is off...yet he was beaten by Henry so surely cant be booked as NO 1 contender.

Taker is gone for another year so im not bothered about seeing him tbh.

Like I said I can see tonight being more or less a victory procession for those who won last night.

If we get any kind of shock it may be a returning Batista.....who knows he may crash Cena's victory parade....Batista Bomb him....only to go onto to lose at Extreme Rules....Deja Vu anyone!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:44 pm

People have blind faith. I predict nothing will happen tonight and the guy who Cena feuds with will be filler.

Who is a top Heel that Cena will feud which he hasn't already? I'm stumped.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

I'd like to see some kind of interaction between Cena and Taker tonight, obviously Undertaker will swan off again but it sows the seeds if they do decide to go down the Cena/Taker route

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:People have blind faith. I predict nothing will happen tonight and the guy who Cena feuds with will be filler.

Who is a top Heel that Cena will feud which he hasn't already? I'm stumped.

A guy who's unbeaten at Wrestlemania
A guy who has recently beaten a multi time champion
A guy who Vince is apparently huge on

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaannndaaaaaannnnnnnngggggggoooooo!!!!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

Could it not be Henry as he beat Ryback?

Heel vs face surely?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:34 pm

Could be a nxt guy.

Love to see kruger or bray wyatt called up,I'd mark.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:37 pm

There are meant to be 2 NXT guys being called up in the next few weeks, Wyatt and Ohno would be my bet.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:50 pm

I assumed Henry will be used sooner or later as a Cena stop gap feud, whether they give Ryback a shot at revenge first may come into play.

I'm as excited for tonight as I was for last night. Different type of crowd, people who will be fully up for a crowd experience.

As stated on other threads I really think many have overreacted, but tonight will start some new feuds, develop the fallout from others and work up quite a solid PPV run in these months.

Plus I'll be sat with Crips tonight and I'm gonna annoy him for at least 3 hours

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:36 pm

Spoiler:

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:11 pm

Has Rock had enough of being made to look awful by Cena? He didn't look happy about how the match went or ended last night....

Certainly would have been peeved about the way in which Cena no sold everything.

Though I am a little surprised if that was the plan due to the fact Brock Lesnar as far as I am aware wasn't due to appear tonight?

Could we see Brock feud with Cena for the title if the Brock/Rock angle has been nixed? If so he will certainly be looking at going 1-4 in the next PPV.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:32 pm

Can I ask how this wrestingobserver.com or any of these other dirt sheets get these supposed stories from? They seem no more reliable than the Sun.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down