The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betting on the rugby!

+2
ScarletSpiderman
Kingshu
6 posters

Go down

Betting on the rugby! Empty Betting on the rugby!

Post by Kingshu Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:45 am

On the rugby you can still get good odds on certain games, I remember Northampton Saints V Ulster had Saints as odds on favs, Ulster were a good bet, the next game had Saints at 3/1 or something (odds far bigger than they should have been) and again it was a good value bet.
I'm sure everyone has seen something like this, on other games, so for those who like a punt, I though we could use this thread to try and pick out some good value bets, each weekend.

Can be to win, winning margin etc etc any market that you think is either over priced or very likley to occur, or both.

I know that there are links to certain gaming companies which helps V2 if Biltong or anyone wants to add them to this.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Betting on the rugby! Empty Re: Betting on the rugby!

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

Scarlets are bookies favourites be beat Glasgow tonight, where as the odds should be reversed really.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

Scarlets 4/7 v Glasgow 11/8

How have Glasgow been performing away from home? I think Glasgow are a good shout but away from home?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

I often do 4 or 5 way accumulators on rugby, but prefer football now a days as the odds are much better. Part of the reason for the poor odds on rugby are that draws are very unlikely. In football the bookies take advantage of the fact that bets on both teams might not come up in the case of a draw. Of course draws in rugby are rare and that is reflected in the odds.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

talking retrospectively i got munster at 33/1 winning HC before the Quins match. i know they still have to travel to Clermont but couldn't believe the odds. its munster after all!!!!!!!

i'll be in for a good win if they come through.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:13 pm

If doing ccumulators I prefer rugby, ok its lower odds, but the draw seldom happens. I like doing the odd all 4 provinces to win, if I fancy them.

georgestowersbiceps 33/1 does seam like a high price, now at 9/1.

Glasgow are prob one of the best teams to look at, they are a good team, but the public hasn't really caught on to them being a good team yet, and hence you should be able to get better odds on them, I think I'll keep an eye out for them each week.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:24 pm

Good idea for a thread!

www.dropkickrugby.com is a site for rugby betting. Always worth a visit there before going to the bookies.

I fancy Glasgow tonight as well. They're one of the form teams in Europe at the moment and have some very good players.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

......also Ospreys 20/1 against winning the grand final. i'll have some of that!

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:55 pm

georgestowersbiceps wrote:......also Ospreys 20/1 against winning the grand final. i'll have some of that!

Good price!
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

Did a £2 on a draw for Edinburgh V Connacht, was close to being a winner. Its about the only game each season that I think would be a draw.

Glasgow were bad, for thier money.

Leinster I think everyone thought would win, but noting in th eprice tempted us.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

I do a bit of betting on rugby and from my experience you really need to forget about singles and do doubles and other accumulators if you want to get away from the wretched odds the bookies give. I did a Rabo double on Connacht and Leinster at the weekend - worked out at 5.5-1 with Paddy Power with most of those odds coming from the Connacht side of the double (4-1).

Previous good bet was on the Ireland-Wales 6N match when I had Zebo at 10-1 for the firtst try. Was sweet!

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down