The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If GBP Really Want To Match Fighters With Top Rank Then Why Not...

+5
azania
TheMackemMawler
eddyfightfan
Imperial Ghosty
davidemore
9 posters

Go down

If GBP Really Want To Match Fighters With Top Rank Then Why Not...  Empty If GBP Really Want To Match Fighters With Top Rank Then Why Not...

Post by davidemore Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:34 pm

Have fighters get ranked to face Arum's? Why not have them as mandatory and go nuts on purse bids? Then the elite would HAVE to fight each other, right?

I know, it's a looooooooooooooooong shot, but knowing Mares will never face a Top Rank fighter kills me. He deserves to face the winner of Donaire vs Mares once he's done with De Leon, right? Gutted for him and it makes me mad about the bitterness between the two camps. Di Bella is in a good spot now, he'll get to make good fights with whoever, and if Goosen can get his golden egg Ward fit, he's got some options.

When was the last time GBP matched a fighter against a Top Rank opponent?

At least with one ruler in the UK (Fast Eddie The Car Salesman) we can get fights made. Not ideal but still, Warren will soon be bankrupt and then all the best fights can be made. Not that I want Frank to go bust, I just want good fights, at whatever cost. Even YOU, poster.

Jokes, Bromance for life. LIFE. heart Never surrender.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

If GBP Really Want To Match Fighters With Top Rank Then Why Not...  Empty Re: If GBP Really Want To Match Fighters With Top Rank Then Why Not...

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:36 pm

Mares is a world champion so doesn't get ranked by the other organisations, it's the same with most potential big match ups.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

If GBP Really Want To Match Fighters With Top Rank Then Why Not...  Empty Re: If GBP Really Want To Match Fighters With Top Rank Then Why Not...

Post by davidemore Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:44 pm

Good point, someone needs to dump a belt and appear in the top ten lists.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:51 pm

Why would you dump your bargaining tool when you know the top rank fighter will do the same thing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:52 pm

I'm trying to think of ways to get them to put on fights. You're trying to verbally fight me, and will LOSE.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 13 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm

the most effective method of securing a big fight seems to be like haye, and bad mouth the guy until he is that mad he has to fight you.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 13 Apr 2013, 2:38 pm

lol-- true.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 13 Apr 2013, 9:16 pm

I don't give a dam about who promotes who. I'm going to show my ignorance here....are top Rank Fighters and GBP fighters ranked by the same organisations (WBC, WBA etc)?
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Apr 2013, 9:21 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:I don't give a dam about who promotes who. I'm going to show my ignorance here....are top Rank Fighters and GBP fighters ranked by the same organisations (WBC, WBA etc)?

Yes

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 13 Apr 2013, 9:49 pm

It was hard before, now with HBO pulling away from GoldenBoy then there is no chance that Arum will work with them

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:22 pm

I don't know who promotes who and don't really care.

If the WBC champ is a Goldenboy fighter and the Mandatory contender is a Toprank fighter then what happens....
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:46 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:I don't know who promotes who and don't really care.

If the WBC champ is a Goldenboy fighter and the Mandatory contender is a Toprank fighter then what happens....

Lot's of guys in suits decide the best way for the fight not to happen.

Wouldn't shock me if they just made a new belt for one of them like a super champion or diamond champion.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:30 pm

bellchees wrote:
TheMackemMawler wrote:I don't know who promotes who and don't really care.

Lot's of guys in suits decide the best way for the fight not to happen.

Wouldn't shock me if they just made a new belt for one of them like a super champion or diamond champion.

That's exactly my point....who runs boxing? Promoters or Organisations? Boxing is too fragmented. Lots of fat cats looking after their cream.

Only when all fighters are under one umbrella will we see the best fights being made. We need an omnipotent force. A singular capitalist monopoly. A ubiquitous influence concerned entirely with money making...

If all fighters belong to a single entity then the pay master doesn't give a damn about a zero - with UFC being a fantastic example.

If all boxers belonged to a unique organisation then making big fights would equal big money for the owner.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:35 pm

We need Arum to call it a day and allow someone else to run TopRank , because its Arum's vendetta against De La Hoya, Schaefer, Mayweather and Haymon that started this feud

But we all know that as long as there's big money available there is no chance Arum calls it quits

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:38 pm

As much as we complain about the different organisations in boxing I was discussing with some friends just how corrupt FIFA are in football as they have to answer to no one and have a complete monopoly over international football. I'm not sure a similar situation in boxing would be any better than the absolute Sheet storm we have now.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:44 pm

Here, here.

Our sport makes politicians look clean.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:50 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by TheMackemMawler on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:51 pm

Like Eddie Hearn. and in a way, MMA?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:55 pm

Regardless of FIFA's flaws you can't exactly say they stop big teams like Brazil playing big teams like Spain - they run a World Cup!!

In boxing, if one organisation ruled everything and that organisation was interested in making money then that organisation would promote and make the biggest fights possible.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 3:38 am

One ruling body will always be the best way forward. Countries have governments etc. Otherwise you have chaos. Like now.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

is the WBC ran football mexico might have a shot at a world cup.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Apr 2013, 3:27 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:Regardless of FIFA's flaws you can't exactly say they stop big teams like Brazil playing big teams like Spain - they run a World Cup!!

In boxing, if one organisation ruled everything and that organisation was interested in making money then that organisation would promote and make the biggest fights possible.

In football its quite the opposite - they make it easier for big teams to get through to the finals Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down