The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer/Next Season

+4
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Michie180
KilliePieUpNorth2
AberdeenSteve
8 posters

Go down

Summer/Next Season Empty Summer/Next Season

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 4 May - 14:47

What are your expectations for the coming summer in Scottish football? Who do you think will be staying and who will be moving on?

From what I have read it looks like Dundee United are going to be losing a few key players in the shape of Gomis, Bauben and David Robertson. Where does this leave them?

Aberdeen (my beloved) will hopefully finish where they should be in the top half. Looking increasingly likely that Paul Hartley will retire. Good riddance Zander Diamond.

Without Mixu Paatalinen will Killie do so well?

Will Hearts mount a greater push to seperate the OF?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Summer/Next Season Empty Re: Summer/Next Season

Post by KilliePieUpNorth2 Wed 4 May - 14:53

Awwwwwwwww Steve!!!! 1st post mate!! Yahoo Killie will do well! dundee utd might struggle. and there will be a relegation battle between dunfermline and st midden!! :flag:

KilliePieUpNorth2

Back to top Go down

Post by Michie180 Wed 4 May - 14:59

and killie....

Michie180

Back to top Go down

Post by KilliePieUpNorth2 Wed 4 May - 15:01

Michie180 wrote:and killie....
Scottish cup champions and a place in europe thanks you very much! :cena:

KilliePieUpNorth2

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 4 May - 17:37

Hearts will be closer to the OF imo but fall away around February or March. Jeffries is an excellent manager and knows the SPL better than most.

Expecting a lot better from Hibs any less than top 6 would be unacceptable and see Calderwood fired.

Think Killie may just be having a one off no Eremenko or Patellainen will make it tough expect them to be bottom 6 but not in danger of relegation.

As for Aberdeen think Brown will get them top 6. Should be their anyway and it's an embarassment for the club to be in the bottom half of the table.

Dundee United will be fighting relegation imo don't like Houston he's a knob and has proved nothing as a manager it's Leveins team and it's getting sold off. He won't get any money to replace outgoing players.

Same old same old for the top two more bigotry and dodgy refs close fight for the title as long as the Rangers take over goes through. If it doesn't Celtic win the title easily.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 4 May - 18:01

Aberdeen will struggle next season as there are 17 player getting released and they dont have the money to reinvest.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 4 May - 18:04

User to be fair the 17 leaving haven't done much for the club think Brown knows the loan market well and has good contacts down south. No one outside the Old Firm has any money to spend.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 4 May - 18:04

User to be fair the 17 leaving haven't done much for the club think Brown knows the loan market well and has good contacts down south. No one outside the Old Firm has any money to spend.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 4 May - 18:08

17? Where on earth did you get that number from? Shocked
I think there could be a couple of decent guys coming to Todders this summer!

Good first post btw Kev, think you've brought up the major points. I really do see United struggling next season. I would add Russell and Goodwillie being two others to head through the exit.

You read that Riordan is leaving Hibernian?

Can you see Celtic strengthening at all? They seem to have a pretty balanced side bar a decent winger!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 4 May - 18:30

AberdeenSteve wrote:Can you see Celtic strengthening at all? They seem to have a pretty balanced side bar a decent winger!
There are rumours that Celtic are interested in signing Kieren Westwood (goalkeeper) on a free from Coventry, but there could be tough opposition for his signature with Leeds, Wigan, and Everton also rumoured to be interested in him.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 4 May - 18:49

AberdeenSteve wrote:17? Where on earth did you get that number from? Shocked
I think there could be a couple of decent guys coming to Todders this summer!

Good first post btw Kev, think you've brought up the major points. I really do see United struggling next season. I would add Russell and Goodwillie being two others to head through the exit.

You read that Riordan is leaving Hibernian?

Can you see Celtic strengthening at all? They seem to have a pretty balanced side bar a decent winger!

Riordan is a waste of space. Best thing for him to do is get out of Scotland.

Celtic should bring in a couple did a thread on it last week it's in the Celtic section. We need a front man that can head the ball and a keeper wouldn't go crazy. Get rid of some of the dead wood.

Now that the Dons are down 17 players apparently how about Hinkel, Loovens and O'Dea?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 5 May - 11:41

Nah, think we'd pass on them three Kev. I take it that all three are on their way out of Parkhead? Anyone else you reckon will be shown the door? I agree with you that Celtic are in need of a striker good in the air, both Hooper and Stokes are wee guys and we all know how useless Samaras is.

Dundee United been linked John Rankin from Hibernian today. I still think they'll struggle massively without Bauben and Gomis whoever they bring in.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 6 May - 20:36

With the takeover complete and if Whyte sticks to his word and give Ally the 10m that he promised. Where does he need to strengthen?

They are obviously screaming out for a striker but where else do they need to beef up a little?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Tue 10 May - 16:52

United will be with out Gomis, Bauben, Conway and D Robertson. I think Kova and shala will be on their way as well, Goodie and Pernis could both be sold on if the right offer comes in. Not really all that worried if I'm honest.

Gomis blows hot and cold when he plays well he is superb when he plays poor he is worse than useless, the last 2 seasons he has been poor more often than not. Bauben has huge potential but will be on the bench now as Scotty Robertson is back in the team. Conway is a good wide theat but Douglas and Russel can both play in that position. D Robertson is a diddy so is Kova and Shala so good riddence to them. Mental would step in if Pernis goes and Russell is more than capable of filling in for Goodie if he leaves.
So we will be losing a few players but we have more than enough cover for them.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 16 May - 12:39

I think Killie will go down next season, no Mixu, Eremenko and Sammon, Bryson will likely leave too, they'll struggle

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 25 May - 10:13

It seems that Aberdeen have managed to sell the pair of McGuire & Aluko for about 600k between them. It has also been reported that Rangers are looking to buy Ricky Foster with Aberdeen looking for about 1m for the full back.

Does anyone reckon that Brown would see that full amount of money to spend? We are looking at recruiting Gavin Rae after narrowly missing out on Willo Flood.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Wed 25 May - 11:23

I doubt Brown will see the full whack of that money tbh butwhatever he gets from those sales will be more than your last 2 managers got, put together, to help boost your squad. Not sure Gavin Rae will be a good signing for you, quite injury prone, think he will be another Paul Hartley, will spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down