The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Play-Offs

+6
Dave.
kingraf
Bull
sodhat
CJB
The_Enigma
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NBA Play-Offs Empty NBA Play-Offs

Post by The_Enigma Thu 18 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

Hey Guys, I had a quick word with Hero about getting us our own section. To crown moving out of the other sports section, we've got the Play-Offs this weekend and I felt this would be the perfect choice of a new topic within our new home.

NBA Play-offs start this weekend and will be over a 7 game series

East Conference

No.1 - Miami Heat Vs No.8 - Milwaukee Bucks

No.2 - New York Knicks VS No.7 - Boston Celtics

No.3 - Indiana Pacers Vs No.6 - Atlanta Hawks

No.4 - Brooklyn Nets Vs No.5 - Chicago Bulls

West Conference

No.1 - Oklahoma City Thunder Vs No.8 - Houston Rockets

No.2 - San Antonio Spurs VS No.7 - LA Lakers

No.3 - Denver Nuggest Vs No.6 - Goldern State Warriors

No.4 - LA Clippers Vs No.5 - Memphis Grizzlies

So thoughts, opinions and predictions..?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

NBA Play-Offs Empty Re: NBA Play-Offs

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

Big season ending for the Lakers, probably wanted to do it for Kobe and dedicate it for him. Unfortunately, that will take them only so far because without Kobe they don't really have a chance. Heat, in theory, should stroll to the Conference final. Derrick Rose must be returning for the play-offs, it's an absolute must for the Bulls if they want to challenge. The Rockets will be a hard test for the Thunder and I'm sure Harden will be pumped up against his former team. I'd expect the Spurs, Nuggets & Clippers to progress, although the Grizzlies will put up a good fight against the Clippers.

Congrats to Carmelo for winning the points title.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 18 Apr 2013, 4:13 pm

Any idea what games they're showing on Sky Sports this weekend John?

In the east, I'd probably have to agree with Heat probably getting into the finals but the hardest one to predict there is Knicks/Celtics. I think if any team will stop them, it'll be either one of them. Apart from that I'd probably pick Indiana & Chicago to win their first round matches.

The west looks very tricky to predict. Any of of those teams could make the finals. San Antonio could be in for a long night against the Lakers, as they really don't get many buckets and the Warriors/Nuggets games really could go either way. I can see Clippers & Thunder advancing from their games though, but I have no idea who could make the finals.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm

On the Sky schedule it does not say which games are being shown, however after a bit of research it appears Sunday`s games are Heat vs Bucks followed by Thunder vs Rockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Thu 18 Apr 2013, 11:49 pm

Heat 4 0 Bucks
Knicks 4 3 Celtics
Pavers 4-2 Hawks
Nets 3-4 Bulls
Thunder 4-1 Rockets
Spurs 4-2 Lakers
Denver 4-2 GSW
Clippers 4-2 Memphis

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 19 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm

John wrote:On the Sky schedule it does not say which games are being shown, however after a bit of research it appears Sunday`s games are Heat vs Bucks followed by Thunder vs Rockets.

That's some good detective work there John. Both look very good games OK I'm sure as the week's go on they'll alternate with what they show on Sky next Sunday. Both Knicks/Celtics & Nuggets/Warriors will hopefully be on at some point.

My 1st Round Predictions:

Heat 4-0 Bucks
Knicks 3-4 Celtics
Pacers 4-2 Hawks
Nets 3-4 Bulls

Thunder 4-2 Rockets
Spurs 4-1 Lakers
Nuggets 4-2 Warriors
Clippers 4-1 Grizzlies

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Apr 2013, 2:52 pm

I personally reckon the Knicks can beat the Celtics, but I wouldn't put money on it Laugh

Think we're looking at another Heat/Thunder finals though.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:06 pm

My 1st Round Predictions:

Heat 4-0 Bucks
Knicks 4-2Celtics
Pacers 4-1 Hawks
Nets 2-4 Bulls

Thunder 4-3 Rockets
Spurs 4-1 Lakers
Nuggets 4-2 Warriors
Clippers 3-4 Grizzlies

Come on THE BULLS!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 7:55 pm

Basically on Sky this Sunday is Atlanta vs Indiana at 6pm followed by Spurs vs Lakers.

I forgot the times I was reading were US and not UK, hence why I made the mistake. Still good games and the opportunity to see some other exciting players other than LeBron & Wade every week.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 20 Apr 2013, 12:26 pm

Heat 4-1 Bucks (they will get one match right, I guarantee it)
Knicks 4-3 Celtics
Pacers 4-2 Hawks
Nets 2-4 Bulls

Thunder 4-2 Rockets
Spurs vs Lakers is potentially too tight to call.
Clippers 4-2 Grizzlies (There is no sound logic behind this pic, I just love Lob City)
Nuggets 2-4 Warriors (Curry to break out)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 20 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

Tip off 15 minutes away!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

Celtics 78-85 Knicks - New York lead series 1-0

Celtics begun strongly with Jeff Green & Garnett but then they faded horribly in the fourth when it mattered most. Carmelo was again on top form and began to control the game in the latter stages scoring 36 points. Can see Knicks winning this series 4-1.

Thunder, Spurs, Clippers & Heat all winning their respective first games with pretty much ease.

Updates

Clippers take a 2-0 lead against Grizzlies
Chicago take game 2 and are now 1-1 against Brooklyn
New York lead Boston 2-0 in series, while Golden State beat Denver to level series 1-1

Chicago Bulls beat Brooklyn Nets 79-76 to lead series 2-1.
Ray Allen breaks NBA career record for playoff 3-pointers as Miami Heat take 3-0 series lead over Milwaukee Bucks
Memphis Grizzlies beat LA Clippers 94-82 to reduce series deficit to 2-1.

Injury News - First casualty of the Playoffs could be Russell Westbrook which is a real shame. Oklahoma City Thunder's Russell Westbrook is to have surgery for a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee.

With no timetable for his return yet announced, this is a huge blow to OKC's hopes of returning to the NBA finals and gaining revenge for last season's disappointment at the hands of the Miami Heat.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:56 am

it's been a litle quiet on here this past week.

Last Night's Results

Memphis Grizzlies 104-83 L.A. Clippers

Memphis Grizzlies trounched the L.A Clippers to tie-up the play-offs series at 2-2. Zach Randolpg & Mark Gasol scoring 24 points
apiece to storm to a 104-83 win. This is the tighest of all the games in the series so far which really could swing either
way. I wrote off the Grizzlies before hand so best of luck to them.

Houston Rockets 101-104 OCK Thunder

The talk of this series has been that of the untimley injury of Russel Westbrook. However The Rockets rallied and really
took the game to Thunder putting in a storming performance to come from behind and take the lead in the 4th qaurter. Perhaps
the steam ran out, as Thunder survived and coasted to an impressive 3-0 lead taking a close fought 3 point win.

Tonight's Sky Coverage

Boston Celtics Vs New York Knicks - Series Standings: NYK leads the series 3-0 18:00

It's really do or die time tonight with the Celtics, if NYK win this one is over. Prediction Celtics Win

Milwaukee Bucks Vs Miami Heat - Series Standings: Heat lead 3-0 20:30

Again another game that could be a series ender. Heat need to win in order to finish the series at 4-0. Prediction Heat Win

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

The Westbrook injury is a major blow further down the line. Memphis are a tough, ugly team who`s defense is simply superb with Gasol/Randolph and I can see them going to the decider against the Clippers who are so reliant on CP3 performing. Heat/Knicks comfortably through. Would be great to see Curry lead the Warriors past Denver, he's got so much talent its unreal. Hoping Bulls can carry the momentum against the Nets and then announce Rose is coming back, would be unbelievable.

Wish Sky would mix it up. We know Miami are going long, so let's see some other teams and players in tight series.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 28 Apr 2013, 3:15 pm

Lob City need steal the last away game, They arent guaranteed to go 2-2 in the last home games.

With Westbrook gone, its time for KD to stand and fall by his own ability. I dont think a Westbrook-less OKC will smell the finals. The Heat running smoothly, so no complaints om my team, especially with how well the bench is playing. I think we could play our bench to the finals. Erik Spoelstra gets a lot of flak, but he is about to become a two-time two-time NBA championship coach (hopefully)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 28 Apr 2013, 7:49 pm

I was looking at the times of K.O's for next week and it looks a real possibility that Warriors/Nuggets could very well be one of the games featured next week. Now, if and this is an if Nuggets win tonight, they'll tie up the series at 2-2 so it'll mean there's everything still to play for when they face off next weekend. I'd also love to see Thunder/Rockets on at some point but that's providing Rockets pick up some much needed wins.

#GoDenverGo

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:06 pm

The_Enigma wrote:#GoDenverGo

Steph Curry is such a talent, guy's so hot right now. 3-1 up on Denver is a big surprise for me but this is the play-offs and clearly the nerves are getting to the Nuggets. Heat are the first team through and await either the Bulls or the Nets. Still think Knicks will go through in 5 against the Celtics.

As for next week's Sky coverage it's pretty difficult to say what will be shown because these series might be done and dusted by Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm

Curry is one of my favourite players, prpbably the third best PG in the West this year (CP3 and Tony Parker are ahead), and has been THEE point guard in the league post All-Stars.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 12:29 pm

Chicago 3-2 Brooklyn - If this goes to 3-3, expect Derrick Rose on the bench minimum for the decider. His brother has also stated this week he could feature in the next round of the playoffs.

Oklahoma 3-1 Houston

Atlanta 2 - 2 Indiana

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:05 pm

Although I havn't yet selected a team to follow, I have taken a shine to the Denver Nuggets in the West & New York Knicks from the East, so I'm hoping the Nuggets get it together and win the next tie setting up a clash infront on the Sky cameras come Sunday Evening.

Apart from that there's only really the Chicago/Brooklyn & Atlanta/Indiana ties that could go right down to the wire, so more possible games for sky.

Random question here, has anybody played or picked up the NBA2K13 game?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm

The_Enigma wrote:Random question here, has anybody played or picked up the NBA2K13 game?

I created a topic of discussion in the joypad section for NBA2K13. One of, if not the best sport game I've played in years. I've been into NBA for a few years and with Sky getting the coverage this year, this has just led me into watching more and more games. I'd never bought a Basketball game before and had my concerns, but let me tell you, it's absolutely brilliant. The association mode & myplayer careers are sublime, so detailed, excellent behind the scenes stuff & interviews etc. The gameplay is quality and with Jay-Z's soundtrack it really is great game and you can tell alot of effort went into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:55 pm

Excellent, thanks for the input John. OK Nice to hear it's getting a good review... You can pick it up for like £20 from Amazon so I might as well pick it up on payday!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm

Tonight's Fixtures

Golden State Warriors @ Denver Nuggets

Series currently stands at Warriors 3-1 Nuggets. Nuggets need the W tonight in order to surive and take it to Game 6. Maybe the pressure might be just to much with the Warriors storming to series victory.

Memphis Grizzlies @ LA Clippers

Both teams have 2 victories apiece here. I'd have to favour the Clippers with them having home advantage but I'm not couting the Grizzlies out with this lasting the entire series. Suprize contenders so far.

Both sides are on 2 apiece in the current standings.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 12:36 pm

Golden State 3-2 Denver

Memphis 3-2 LA Clippers

Can see the Nuggets taking this to a decider. Clippers are overrated and rely heavily on Paul, also Griffin is nursing an injury. Randolph/Gasol are beasts and could blow open the draw with a series win.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 01 May 2013, 1:28 pm

If Griffin doesnt play, CP3 doesnt have an outlet to release his genius. Crawford needs to start now, forget the bench, they need scoring. Matt Barnes needs to put down some threes as well! Its not over, but its close...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 12:17 pm

Getting worried for the Bullls now going into the decider. I've defended Rose for a long time but it's getting ridiculous how long they are waiting for him. The criticism he's facing is immense in the city now and surely there's only one way to appease the fans and help the team, off the bench, and secure a series win over the Nets.

Golden State have won the series against the Nuggets. Surprised but with Curry on your team and good team chemisty, anything is possible. Interesting comebacks from the Celtics and the Rockets in their respective series, both now 3-2 down. Miami's 4-0 whitewash just looks more impressive now and gives them a mental and physical advantage further down the line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 03 May 2013, 12:37 pm

same here John worried for them, i cant see us making it with players out due to flu etc, though i will protect Rose and say its best if he misses the entire playoffs and comes back stronger and better next season

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 03 May 2013, 3:27 pm

Gutted to see the Nuggets loose the series, but to be fair GS Warriors have been consistantly good through-out with Curry rapidly becoming a personal fav of mine...

Sky still havn't updated their listings yet for Sunday, but surley if the Nets/Bulls aren't on the Saturday then I hope it's the feature game on the Sunday so we get a bit of varity!

Cheers for the review on NBA2K13 John. I checked out the topic you mentioned in the joypad thread so I'm gonna pick it up when I get paid next week OK

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 03 May 2013, 10:08 pm

The biggest issue with Rose, I think, is that I dont think he is all to keen to be a superstar. You get the feeling that he wouldnt mind being completely anonymous if he could feed his family. Whereas Kobe would probably come in at 60% because he is a born competitor. DRose is just a good kid who is a phenomenal athlete.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 11:15 am

Update

Indiana Pacers, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder all progress to the next round. What promised to be such a great season for the LA Clippers has been dramatically ended by the Memphis Grizzlies. Strong rumours of Chris Paul leaving the Clippers after such a disappointment and testing free agency.

West
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies (Should be a great series)
San Antonio Spurs vs Golden State Warriors

East
Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls/Brooklyn Nets
Indiana Pacers vs New York Knicks

Chicago face Brooklyn tonight in a series decider. Chicago has a flu virus within the camp, injuries to Noah & Luol Deng has meningitis. If there was ever a time for Rose to step up, it would be now. Unfortunately, I can't see it. I think the Nets with home advantage have to be favourites.

Sky Coverage for Sunday - I presume it's Memphis followed by New York as they are the Sunday games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 10:28 am

YES!!!!!!!! Chicago 99-93 Brooklyn. What a team performance without key men, Noah was an absolute beast last night. They now face Miami Heat. Derrick Rose should return now in my opinion, if this series doesn't excite him for a return, then nothing will.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 05 May 2013, 1:06 pm

that last sentence
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 7:48 pm

Amazing result last night with the Bulls taking a 1-0 lead against the Heat. Could of been rusty after that long week off following their whitewash of the Bucks, but I'm not complaining. Spurs took a 1-0 lead against the Warriors thanks to a last gasp Manu Ginobili three-pointer.

Can't wait for Sunday's game 4 between the Bulls/Heat on Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by wadey101 Wed 08 May 2013, 10:43 am

Looking at the schedule, it's only game 4 of the Spurs Warriors series on Sunday, game 4 of Heat Bulls is on Monday. Are Sky only showing Sunday night games?

wadey101

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 08 May 2013, 12:10 pm

Yeah Sky only show Sunday Night Games, well with the exception of one which was a Thursday night, but that could have been the game from the UK. I'm sure if the viewing figures are consistently good, Sky will start getting more coverage and show games late night in the week too from next season, otherwise your best best is ordering ESPN OK

For what it's worth, Warriors/Spurs looks a tasty game and is something I would tune in to see!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 May 2013, 7:22 am

Every time I read the Chesapeake Arena (Grizzlies home court) my brain reads it as "Cheapskate Arena"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 May 2013, 7:23 am

Meant OKC's home court
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 10:11 pm

So the bulls won't be shown live on Sunday? That would annoy me. Sky really need to show more games next season. One midweek and two at the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 09 May 2013, 10:20 pm

Well when they were finishing up the Knicks game from this past sunday, Sky were already advertising Bulls/Heat at 20:30 with Spurs/Warriors following at 00:30...

But now checking the listings, they're only showing the Spurs/Warriors game which has now been bumped to the 20:30 slot which I'm sure will be an awesome game to see...

I agree 100% Sky need to show more games next season, but I kinda figure it comes down to ratings from what they're putting out now

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 11 May 2013, 11:31 am

Not NBA basketball related, but Real Madrid are facing Barcelona in the EuroLeague final this Sunday. Time for MVP Rudy Fernandez to shine. If you told Madrid would face Barca in a European final in London, I wouldnt have put money on it being basketball.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 12:12 pm

I can see a Memphis Grizzlies vs Miami Heat NBA Final

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 14 May 2013, 12:54 pm

Finally took the plunge and ordered NBA 2K13, should be here by Thursday/Friday!

Did you catch the Warriors/Spurs game John? Very scrappy affair with both teams missing multiple baskets, with Warriors actually going 11FG's missed in succession....

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 1:04 pm

You'll enjoy the game. I bought it ages ago and it's just totally addictive playing either the myplayer or the association mode. Also just created my own draft that kicks in at the end of the association season, should be quality.

Yes watched the first half, dreadfully scrappy. Came back to it in the 4th quarter and things seems to pick up and was an exciting end going into OT. Still think Spurs will progress but I think the Grizzlies are just focused on bullying their way to the final. Shame about the Bulls, seems to have run out of steam and too many injuries. If only Rose had stepped up....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 14 May 2013, 1:28 pm

Yeah it wasn't the best of games but did start picking up with some spectacular 3 pointers. Sky also showed highlights of the Knicks/Pacers game a few hours later, I've not seen or know the score yet so I'll give that a watch tomorrow morning.

I read what you said in the gaming section, can't wait to get started on it now Smile

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 19 May 2013, 8:00 pm

So the NBA 2K13 game arrived in the post on Friday.

Bizarrely, when you go to play the game it simply doesn't load and freezes on a blank screen, but when you try other times it works perfectly fine. So it's pretty much a lottery on whether it plays or not. Just wondering if this was a common fault on the game (Which I have read) or if there was some way of getting it to work properly every time!

By the way, all my other PS3 games work absolutely fine.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 12:32 pm

Had absolutely no problem with my disk. The only issue I've had with a game was Red Dead Redemption where it would freeze and randomly work and not work, but it was a second hand I got from Game and had a few scratches on the disk. So infuriating and especially when it's a great game.

Hope you get it fixed.

Western Conference Final

San Antonio Spurs 1 - 0 Memphis Grizzlies

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 26 May 2013, 8:19 pm

Seems like there has been a bug on the ps3 platform when they released the new 1.02 patch.

Basically, to cure the problem you need to connect to the internet, reset the time and update the latest system's update before trying to install the new patch, works a treat now Yahoo

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 2:51 pm

I thought Miami would stroll to the final but Indiana are causing them all sorts of problems. Currently 2-2 and the Pacers are absolutely dominating points in the paint n rebounds, they simply can't handle hibbert. Lebron is also being marked by the superb David west n is struggling to dominate like usual. Can see this going to game seven. Spurs are waiting....

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 30 May 2013, 3:36 pm

Bosh has been having a nightmare. He can't rebound or defend and with Hibbert playing so well inside, Miami are getting killed on the board's.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 10:38 am

3-2 Miami lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next