The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F FM MF?

5 posters

Go down

F FM MF? Empty F FM MF?

Post by ultra Wed 04 May 2011, 8:18 pm

Evening,
606v2 virgin here so 'hello'.....being an ex-right arm quick, I'm of the belief that one thing every skipper likes to be able to wheel out at points during a match is a genuine quick.....Seeing very little cricket at the mo' other than the odd Durham CC match and itv's IPL I decided to trawl through the usual suspects, (cric info, county websites etc.) to see if we, (england), have any genuine pacers on the horizon. I was a little shocked to see that of all qualified players only Harmo up here is classed as RF, all the rest fm or mf. HOWEVER having seen the likes of Raul Braithwite, classed as RFM, I'm slightly confused as to how these ratings are handed out. He looked rapid to say the least and I've watched/played cricket for a long time now. I've also seen Tremlett, Si Jones and a few others send down some rockets. All classed as FM or MF. Soooo, to cut the waffle a) how/who decides these ratings and b) who out there is coming through with that extra bit of.....'whoosh'
Cheers....

ultra

Back to top Go down

F FM MF? Empty Re: F FM MF?

Post by Davie Wed 04 May 2011, 8:22 pm

Jeez I thought they were the sort of codes found on singles sites. You know thing .. "SWM seeks WF w/ GSOH for Pina Coladas and walks on the beach"

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Wed 04 May 2011, 8:40 pm

Heheh, no I don't......you however??

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 04 May 2011, 8:53 pm

ultra wrote:Evening,
606v2 virgin here so 'hello'.....being an ex-right arm quick, I'm of the belief that one thing every skipper likes to be able to wheel out at points during a match is a genuine quick.....Seeing very little cricket at the mo' other than the odd Durham CC match and itv's IPL I decided to trawl through the usual suspects, (cric info, county websites etc.) to see if we, (england), have any genuine pacers on the horizon. I was a little shocked to see that of all qualified players only Harmo up here is classed as RF, all the rest fm or mf. HOWEVER having seen the likes of Raul Braithwite, classed as RFM, I'm slightly confused as to how these ratings are handed out. He looked rapid to say the least and I've watched/played cricket for a long time now. I've also seen Tremlett, Si Jones and a few others send down some rockets. All classed as FM or MF. Soooo, to cut the waffle a) how/who decides these ratings and b) who out there is coming through with that extra bit of.....'whoosh'
Cheers....

Guys like Simon Jones and Tremlett are classified as Fast-Medium as they're not all ways around 145 kph mark. They average between high 130's and mid 145s.

Only bowlers whom should be classified Fast are guys like Tait, Shoaib, Bond, Lee as they're usually all ways above 145 kph and often into the 150s.

Medium-Fast is a swing bowler I'd guess. Someone around mid 120s to mid 130s.

Overall I think the classification works on average speed.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 9:05 pm

i would tremlett is fast

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 04 May 2011, 9:29 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i would tremlett is fast
Doesn't make sense, but Tremlett isn't rapid by any sense of the imagination. He's rarely crossing 140 kph.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 04 May 2011, 9:35 pm

I had rather assumed it was all fairly random and that someone somewhere probably needed to buy someone a couple of beers to be listed as F rather than FM....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 04 May 2011, 9:37 pm

I meant to ask: was someone like Lillee downgraded from F to FM towards end of his career when he slowed down a bit?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 04 May 2011, 9:39 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:I meant to ask: was someone like Lillee downgraded from F to FM towards end of his career when he slowed down a bit?
Doubt it, Brett Lee is a few ks slower these days and is still called Right Arm Fast.

Might you Darren Gough went from Fast to Fast-Medium

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 05 May 2011, 5:56 am

No, Darren Gough went from Fast to Fat Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 May 2011, 7:33 am

Darren Gough went from Fast to fat to fandango

Adam D