The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enville Golf Club - a must play!

4 posters

Go down

Enville Golf Club - a must play! Empty Enville Golf Club - a must play!

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 20 Apr 2013, 9:59 pm

Thought it worth mentioning Enville Golf Club near the west side of Birmingham. Played two rounds there yesterday and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Two exceptional courses, both of which aren't that long but both requiring thought to plot the best way around.

Lovely heathland-type courses with plenty of heather, silver birch and pines. The 'Highgate' course was a bit more picturesque (IMO) with more of the heather but the 'Lodge' course was excellent as well. Meant to take a few photos but forgot my camera picard.

Very professional outfit and extremely friendly staff throughout. Steward was waiting when we got there at 07.45, opened the pro shop for us and sorted out some good breakfasts. Excellent lunch and they have their own beer which was fantastic.

Two rounds for £40 (Winter rates even though April), friendly atmosphere, good food and excellent beer. Pity my golf didn't match the surroundings(!) but it wasn't that bad.

Overall, if you've never played there, you owe it to yourself to correct that if you have the chance.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Enville Golf Club - a must play! Empty Re: Enville Golf Club - a must play!

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 21 Apr 2013, 12:44 am

Looks great, nbs. Had wondered whether the "Highgate" had anything to do with the Highgate FC which had a player killed by lightning many moons ago.
Lovely golf courses around GB&I, often where one least expects them.

There was a 606 poster who raved about Moseley, close to where I once lived in Edgbaston; can't remember who it was.

Great golf courses everywhere, except here.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Sun 21 Apr 2013, 2:42 am

We played at a course today we'd never tried before. The Links at Union Vale in LaGrange, Dutchess County, NY. It's a fairly new course with predominantly Irish owners and a predominantly Irish clientele. I don't mean American Irish, I mean Irish Irish. I'd never heard so many brogues over here. Great course, very friendly people and good value at 35 USD for twilight. Way less crowded than Bethpage too. Made a nice change ! Very Happy

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 22 Apr 2013, 5:56 am

Looks really nice Navy. I love finding out about the nations lesser known but interesting courses like Enville.

Shame I dont often (or ever?) have a need to visit the Birmingham area.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down