The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won...

5 posters

Go down

If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won... Empty If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won...

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:01 pm

All five sets, with the last two being bagels. 6-4 6-3 6-2 6-0 6-0. Had it been seven sets, Nadal would have won all eight!! And had it been American doubles, with two Almagro clones, Nadal would have beat the both, without serving, IN THE RAIN. You know its true!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won... Empty Re: If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won...

Post by lydian Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:06 pm

Haha. I was watching the 100m Olympic final last year and thought had it been over 1 mile there's no way Bolt would have won.

Trivia Q: When did Nadal start biting trophies?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won... Empty Re: If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won...

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:11 pm

I'm tempted to think that he once won a chocolate, or something and then being slightly compulsive, decided to continue doing it...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:28 pm

lydian wrote:Trivia Q: When did Nadal start biting trophies?
I don't know but I wish he'd stop. The single most annoying celebration in sport.

What does he think he's doing? Checking it's real?

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:33 pm

Apparently it started at MC 2005...his first major trophy. He did it to show he was hungry for more so the story goes, then like most things in Nadal's OCD-like routine it just became habit. He's probably scared of not doing it now.

To be honest HMM...I find Novak's short ripping and chest beating more annoying but each to their own. Why cant they all just do a Petkovic dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLc528KK-E

If the Barcelona final was five sets Nadal would have won... 2582763166-21052011153606
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Mon 29 Apr 2013, 7:12 pm

lydian wrote:To be honest HMM...I find Novak's short ripping and chest beating more annoying but each to their own.
I'm assuming that's a typo... unless Novak really has started ripping his shorts now?! Wink

Yeah, I'm not keen on the shirt ripping. The one v Rafa was OK as a one-off but I didn't like the one v Stan.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:01 pm

He has done it exactly twice now in like 600 plus matches in regards to the shirt ripping and I hope he doesn't add to the tally.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:23 pm

I quite liked the primal shirt rip the first time. I really felt the emotion, that desperation/relief/joy. The second time I was just like 'Oh, not this again'
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm

You could understand it the first time after playing 11 hours of marathon tennis against Nadal in a final, the second time it seemed contrived.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:14 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:
lydian wrote:To be honest HMM...I find Novak's short ripping and chest beating more annoying but each to their own.
I'm assuming that's a typo... unless Novak really has started ripping his shorts now?! Wink

Yeah, I'm not keen on the shirt ripping. The one v Rafa was OK as a one-off but I didn't like the one v Stan.

Agreed. Against multi slam winning Rafa, after a marathon semi and final, fair enough. I quite liked how gladiatorial it was.

Against a crying Wawrinka, a bit in poor taste.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down