The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price to be trained by lennox Lewis

+12
eddyfightfan
azania
Seanusarrilius
seanmichaels
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
jimdig
hampo17
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
armchairwarrior
Adam D
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Price to be trained by lennox Lewis - Page 2 Empty David Price to be trained by lennox Lewis

Post by Adam D Thu 02 May 2013, 9:15 am

First topic message reminder :

David Price will take a flight to Canada next week to begin training under the watchful eye of the retired former undisputed world heavyweight champion, Lennox Lewis.

David and long time trainer Franny Smith have been in talks with Lennox since his defeat at the hands of Tony Thompson in February.

Price demolished McDermott, Sexton, Harrison and Skelton in 2012, and went on to claim the English, British and Commonwealth titles. Thompson was a stepping stone to a fight with Klitschko but he sensationally stopped Price in the second round of their fight in February.

David said “this is a fantastic opportunity to be able to work with one of the greatest heavyweights of all time and I'm sure his knowledge will prove to be invaluable.”

Lennox was dropped twice in his career, but put those defeats behind him and went on to become undisputed world heavyweight champion – three times. He knows that defeat is the measure of a fighter and it is how he handles that defeat that makes a great fighter. ‘David is a dedicated fighter. He takes his training seriously and is single minded in wanting to avenge that defeat and as a fighter I understand that and want to help him towards his goal’

Lewis and Courtney Shand, who was an integral part of the successful Team Lewis, will work alongside Franny Smith in getting Price ready for his July 6th fight in Liverpool. Lewis who will be ringside, will be sharing his chess techniques in training with the focus on calling checkmate on Thompson .

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

David Price to be trained by lennox Lewis - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price to be trained by lennox Lewis

Post by tunes666 Sun 05 May 2013, 9:28 am

So Price won a bronze medal and now all of a sudden cant box? Im sure when Wlad was getting blasted out by the likes of Sanders people doubted if he could box as well.

Price has speed power and you don't win a bronze unless you have skill. whether he can master some defensive qualities shall be seen... In the first round against Skelton he took a good few shots as hard of not harder than the one that put him down in the last fight, so for me the punch on the neck was just a freak punch.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

David Price to be trained by lennox Lewis - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price to be trained by lennox Lewis

Post by azania Sun 05 May 2013, 10:06 am

I think he had 1or 2 fights to reach the semis. No great shakes.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 05 May 2013, 10:34 am

Is that all it takes?

Well I hope to make my debut in 2016 then.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 05 May 2013, 10:39 am

Against Truss?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 May 2013, 9:55 pm

As long as don't have to take any tests.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2