The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bragging Rights!

+8
GLove39
Jenifer McLadyboy
IanBru
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Kingshu
Pat_Mustard
Taffineastbourne
12 posters

Go down

Bragging Rights! Empty Bragging Rights!

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 3 May - 11:03

Well the Dragons' season reaches a fitting climax as they travel to Edinburgh to go toe to toe to establish which is the poorest side in the Rabo outside of Italy.Farewells from both teams to loyal servants will add piquancy to proceedings and hopefully generate a better than usual crowd.
A Glasgow Rugby Officianado reckons the Dragons are the worst side that he has ever seen.Crikey,imagine what he would reckon if the Dragons defied the odds and sneaked a win away!
Edinburgh by 10 points,I reckon.
All the best to the players playing their last game for both clubs. clap clap

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Bragging Rights! Empty Re: Bragging Rights!

Post by Pat_Mustard Fri 3 May - 11:10

Well Dragons were very poor indeed against Glasgow but their recent win over Munster would indicate that they are a better side than that. Edinburgh would be pleased with any sort of win here, a 10-point margin does seem a bit optimistic. They do seem to have put out their strongest available side, but missing the injured Rennie and Denton. Teams etc are up on this thread https://www.606v2.com/t42869p500-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new-at-edinburgh

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 3 May - 11:22

2nd from bottom plays 3rd from bottom

Dragons would need to win by 35 points and a BP to overtake Edinburgh and finish 10th.

Its all about next season at this stage, both Edinburgh and Dragons will be hoping for a better year next year. Traditional rivals Connacht look like they may finish with thier best year yet.

A lot will depend on the coaching team that Edinburgh can put in place over the summer, but next season will prob then be a transitional season as new coach puts his style on things and recuits the players he wants, think that it will be a mid table battle for Edinburgh again, but hopefully they will show something bright for the future.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 3 May - 11:52

Pat_Mustard wrote:Well Dragons were very poor indeed against Glasgow but their recent win over Munster would indicate that they are a better side than that. Edinburgh would be pleased with any sort of win here, a 10-point margin does seem a bit optimistic. They do seem to have put out their strongest available side, but missing the injured Rennie and Denton. Teams etc are up on this thread https://www.606v2.com/t42869p500-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new-at-edinburgh
Munster fielded a development side,hence no whooping and hollering from Dragons fans.Knowing our Rugby we take account of weakened opposition,something some Glasgow fans might learn from their recent Ospreys game when NO regular 3/4 was playing and Hibbard went off early to be replaced by a hooker who probably had the worst game of his life.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Fri 3 May - 12:39

Fair enough, but given the way Edinburgh's season has gone this year I would not be at all surprised with a defeat here. Scott and Hodge have not made much of an improvement despite getting a couple of wins when they first took over, the side still looks very flaky. It's starting to look like they may be kept on permanently, but I think Edinburgh need a hard-ass coach who will put the fear of god into the players. I predict a close match tonight, especially in these rainy conditions.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Fri 3 May - 12:44

Kingshu, if Dragons win with a bonus point they will overtake Edinburgh as the number of matches won is used to divide teams equal on points (both on 6 wins so far). Points margin will make no difference, although 4 tries for either side seems unlikely due to the wet weather, and as you point out, it doesn't really matter now in the grand scheme of things OK

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 3 May - 13:06

ah right sorry pat thought it went to points for.

Do you know if there is much finicial difference between finishing 9th and 10th, or from 5th to 12th?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 3 May - 13:27

Taffineastbourne wrote:
Pat_Mustard wrote:Well Dragons were very poor indeed against Glasgow but their recent win over Munster would indicate that they are a better side than that. Edinburgh would be pleased with any sort of win here, a 10-point margin does seem a bit optimistic. They do seem to have put out their strongest available side, but missing the injured Rennie and Denton. Teams etc are up on this thread https://www.606v2.com/t42869p500-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new-at-edinburgh
Munster fielded a development side,hence no whooping and hollering from Dragons fans.Knowing our Rugby we take account of weakened opposition,something some Glasgow fans might learn from their recent Ospreys game when NO regular 3/4 was playing and Hibbard went off early to be replaced by a hooker who probably had the worst game of his life.

Still smarting about that spanking, aren't you?! Would you like some vinegar with your chips, wee man?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Fri 3 May - 13:39

Kingshu wrote:ah right sorry pat thought it went to points for.

Do you know if there is much finicial difference between finishing 9th and 10th, or from 5th to 12th?

Not sure, wouldn't have thought it would be a lot. If it is significant, Edinburgh's low finish will be compensated by Glasgow making the playoffs, as I think the SRU take all prize money and split it between the two teams. Glasgow benefited from Edinburgh's Heineken Cup run last year, and they have ended up spending the money much more wisely! Unfortunately both sides will be worse off next year after neither got past the group stage in Europe

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 3 May - 13:58

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

Still smarting about that spanking, aren't you?! Would you like some vinegar with your chips, wee man?
As a Dragons fan I am pretty indifferent,wee man!Do not let truth spoil your day.You may put your fried Mars bar wherever the sun don't shine. laughing

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 3 May - 14:33

Taffineastbourne wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

As a Dragons fan I am pretty indifferent,wee man!Do not let truth spoil your day.You may put your fried Mars bar wherever the sun don't shine.

Well what are you doing obsessing about Glasgow yet again on yet another thread? You are a strange wee fella, I think you just can't help yourself, right, always this need to go undermining other folks, always seeing who you can antagonise - it's just really, really sad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 3 May - 14:58

Taffineastbourne wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

As a Dragons fan I am pretty indifferent,wee man!Do not let truth spoil your day.You may put your fried Mars bar wherever the sun don't shine.

Well what are you doing obsessing about Glasgow yet again on yet another thread? You are a strange wee fella, I think you just can't help yourself, right, always this need to go undermining other folks, always seeing who you can antagonise - it's just really, really sad
I was merely highlighting the delusional qualities that some Scots/Glasgow fans possess which tends to lead to bitter disappointment as evidenced by a plethora of chippy hissy fit posts following the Lions squad announcement.One idiot,it may well have been you,actually said that he would not be surprised if 11 Scots made the squad.
I suppose it is the inner teacher within me that inclines me to pointing things out to folk who appear blissfully unaware of context,wee man.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 3 May - 16:13

Wow, did you hector your pupils and seek to annoy them at every opportunity too? You must have been a popular teacher! NOT

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 3 May - 16:43

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Wow, did you hector your pupils and seek to annoy them at every opportunity too? You must have been a popular teacher! NOT
You can only wonder.Are you a traffic warden or do you paint the white lines on the road?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 3 May - 16:45

Taffineastbourne wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Wow, did you hector your pupils and seek to annoy them at every opportunity too? You must have been a popular teacher! NOT
You can only wonder.Are you a traffic warden or do you paint the white lines on the road?

Drop it please gents, it's Friday and I want to go to the pub soon, which isn't compatible with putting on my Mod hat
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 17:02

To try and help the thread along and get it back on track, I hope it's a very open game and as much as Embra will want to utilise Visser on the big Murrayfield pitch, I hope we do the same with the Chav. Hope our experimental centres go well again and that Danny has a good game in his last Dragons appearance.

I think Embra will win, but hopefully it's a good game and I hope we finish our poor season on a high, even if the result isn't what we want.

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 3 May - 18:05

I'm genuinely interested, Mr Taff PGCE, MPhil (Hons), what subject did you teach?

Socratic method?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 3 May - 18:08

Taffineastbourne wrote:Well the Dragons' season reaches a fitting climax as they travel to Edinburgh to go toe to toe to establish which is the poorest side in the Rabo outside of Italy.Farewells from both teams to loyal servants will add piquancy to proceedings and hopefully generate a better than usual crowd.
A Glasgow Rugby Officianado reckons the Dragons are the worst side that he has ever seen.Crikey,imagine what he would reckon if the Dragons defied the odds and sneaked a win away!
Edinburgh by 10 points,I reckon.
All the best to the players playing their last game for both clubs. clap clap
Not English anyway. Wink

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 3 May - 18:52

Taffineastbourne wrote:

Snobbery as well? Revolting

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 3 May - 19:12

IanBru wrote:I'm genuinely interested, Mr Taff PGCE, MPhil (Hons), what subject did you teach?

Socratic method?
Try another! laughing

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 3 May - 20:14

Edinburgh 19-7 up (3 tries to 1) after 25 minutes Very Happy

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 20:39

Another example of the Dragons snub from scrum v. They're showing Scarlets v Treviso and are giving score and try updates from the Blues and Ospreys games. They haven't mentioned the dragons once. Not even the scoreline. They've just shown the tries from those two other games at half time and still didn't mention the dragons. It doesn't make sense? Is it because Ulster are involved in the play offs? Because the Blues have nothing to play for, like the dragons. Cheers then, w@nkers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 21:12

Yay! They mentioned us! On 67 minutes - Lydiate and Pryide going over to make it an interesting last 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 3 May - 21:15

De Luca throws an intercept pass. Only 7 points in it now...

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 21:17

What's the game like GLove? Is it all Edinburgh for the most part as the scoreline has suggested, with a mini fight back by the dragons?

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 3 May - 21:24

Haven't a clue! Relying on twitter updates!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 3 May - 21:27

Well final score 31-24
Glad they got the win to say bye to Chunk

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 21:28

That's that then. Glad to see the back of this season. Funny how Talei's scored and then Danny scored not long after. It's as if he had a point to prove laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 3 May - 21:38

Talei will be very good for you, Rev - lost his way at the start of this season for Embra, but a big part of last years Euro run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 21:41

Couple of our signings showed their worth tonight. Burton down Parc y Slumlets too, by the sounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 3 May - 22:17

Griff wrote:Another example of the Dragons snub from scrum v. They're showing Scarlets v Treviso and are giving score and try updates from the Blues and Ospreys games. They haven't mentioned the dragons once. Not even the scoreline. They've just shown the tries from those two other games at half time and still didn't mention the dragons. It doesn't make sense? Is it because Ulster are involved in the play offs? Because the Blues have nothing to play for, like the dragons. Cheers then, w@nkers.
Agreed,Griff.Got me a bit riled too.
Sadly it appears to have gone pretty much as expected.Let us hope next year goes better.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 3 May - 22:35

Great to finish with a win, but my God I've never seen a team concede 3 tries so easily as those tries the Dragons got. Being honest the Dragons were hardly in that game up to 60 minutes and we were 21 points up, but some ridiculously weak defence and poor decisions let them right back in it.

Strong performance from Talei (Why are you leaving!!!!), Watson, Nel, Laidlaw and Chunk.

As for the Dragons your 10 and 15 have got a good boot on them, and Lydiate looked completely disinterested.

Final point on the weather - what the hell was that about?? This is May not November!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 3 May - 22:37

Game of two halves really. Edinburgh comfortably better in the first half, but switched off in the second. The three dragons tries were very soft indeed. One loose ball pounced on at the back of an edinburgh scrum, one really soft missed tackle through the middle for lydiate to score, and an intercept. Classic case of edinburgh working hard for points, whilst gifting easy scores to the opposition. Still, credit to the dragons for some enterprising stuff in the second half.

Hardly bragging rights, given how poor both teams have been this season, but at least we can say with confidence that we are better than the dragons!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 22:42

I dunno mind FES. We beat you more comfortably down Dave Parade Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 3 May - 22:47

The league table doesn't lie old boy....

It shows that we are slightly less terrible than your lot. Makes me very proud indeed....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 3 May - 22:53

Trying to say whether the Dragons or Edinburgh are better is like 2 stray dogs fighting over a 3 week old chicken carcass.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 22:54

Haha. I knew the league table would come up. It's a fair point of course.

I can't speak for Edinburgh, but from this season I'll consider two Blues games as games we should've won. We were also poor against Ospreys at home, which is a little surprising. The rest, I would have liked to have been more competitive against Glasgow and Ulster at home.

Anyway, as I said I'm glad to see the back of this season. Disappointing that the score line seems to have flattered us tonight also.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 3 May - 23:00

For us the games that annoy me are treviso, cardiff and connacht at home. I was there for all of those and we really ought to have won those, particularly cardiff and connacht.

The highlight was probably beating ulster. My personal highlight was agreeing to climb a munroe rather than attending the sarries game in the hc....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 3 May - 23:10

Who was the Dragons number 4? He was a disgrace tonight and was being dirty barsteward on the pitch - picking fights and nasty cheap shots.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 23:12

Coombsy? He got yellowed.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 3 May - 23:12

Coombs I think. The guy who played lock for wales in the 6 nations.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 3 May - 23:13

The number 5 got yellowed - he threw a load of punches at Gilchrist on the deck, and their 5 and Cox got binned for some reason!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 3 May - 23:14

I may be getting them mixed up but one of the Dragons 2nd row was being a dirty git tonight and it wasn't good to see.

He picked a fight with Chunk near the start and that wasn't popular with the crowd obviously!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 3 May - 23:17

I thought the guy who picked the fight with chunk, went off injured pretty early?

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Fri 3 May - 23:18

Is that Chunks last game?

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 3 May - 23:18

Christ I'm getting well mixed up - must have been the hypothermia and the rain soaked glasses limiting my vision!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 3 May - 23:19

Yeah he's off plumbing now.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 May - 23:37

It's Sid who went off after 22 mins. Sid normally isn't a nasty buzzard. Confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down