The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]RG3 V Russell Wilson V Colin Kaepernick

+7
twelve283
Good Golly I'm Olly
thunder and lightning
Pr4wn
cherriesfna
GSC
Colan (niner)
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[solved]RG3 V Russell Wilson V Colin Kaepernick Empty RG3 V Russell Wilson V Colin Kaepernick

Post by Colan (niner) Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Out of these three, who do you think has the most potential and looks like the best QB.

Of course I'm bias but I'd say CK has best arm and best chance to reach that to 5 or 6 QB's list. I think he can take over games in a way the other two can't.

Wilson I like but I'm just not sold on him doing much better than he did last season. From watching him in college until now, I can't help feeling he has reached his peak which is still brilliant.

RG3 has second most talented arm out of these three but injury history is worrying.

Suppose the questions is, who would you rather mortgage your future on if your team had a shot at one of them?

Last edited by Colan (niner) on Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

[solved]RG3 V Russell Wilson V Colin Kaepernick Empty Re: [solved]RG3 V Russell Wilson V Colin Kaepernick

Post by GSC Fri May 03, 2013 10:49 pm

RG3. 2nd overall for a reason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

[solved]RG3 V Russell Wilson V Colin Kaepernick Empty Re: [solved]RG3 V Russell Wilson V Colin Kaepernick

Post by Colan (niner) Fri May 03, 2013 10:56 pm

GSC wrote:RG3. 2nd overall for a reason

yeah, because Andrew Luck was better Wink

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri May 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Hes not an option though.

Racist imo.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri May 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Wilson > RGKnee > CK.

42-13 beatdown for a reason
wilson is 1-0 vs both of them
sooo
wilson is the best,
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri May 03, 2013 11:23 pm

GSC wrote:Hes not an option though.

Racist imo.

Didn't put him in because I assumed everyone would just pick him

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat May 04, 2013 2:18 am

Wilson only played well for half a season so not him.

I'd have to go with Griffin.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sat May 04, 2013 2:44 am

I'd go with RG3, I think Kap benefited from coming in halfway through the season,, teams weren't 100% sure how to deal with him, I think that get sorted. Wilson could improve on last season with Harvin to throw to, but the rest of his team is so good I don't think he'll be asked to put the team on his shoulders like RG3 will have to.

Also why no Tannehill? With his new weapons on offense he has a good shot at being most improved this season imo.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 3:38 am

Okay, so RG3 is getting most love so far, but it'll be interesting to see how he come back from injury. I'm backing Kap to be best next year out the group (he was last season), especially now that the wr's are working with him early. I just can't find many weaknesses. When it comes to RG3 and Tannehill I can find plenty but Wilson And Kap are more balanced. But whereas, I know the 49ers could win a game without Kap leaving the pocket much (been done) I'm not sure Wilson or RG3 have the pure arm ability to do that

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat May 04, 2013 3:42 am

Really? For me I thought he was the weakest last year, especially since he got a year and a half to sit on the bench, whereas RG3 and Wilson were thrown in at the deep end.

Being on the best team doesn't make him the best.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 3:50 am

No but let's be honest, the supposedly good 49ers D abandoned him during the post season and two of the games were literally a one man show when it really mattered. I don't know how he could be weakest, in terms of arm talent, he was best and due to injury, he was also the most dangerous with his legs. Other than Andrew Luck, I don't really see anything in Wilson or RG3 that would make me take them over Kap if I was starting a franchise. He did nothing to suggest being the weakest at all

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 3:53 am

The beauty of him is also that he knows how to avoid the big hit, even when a defender gets to him. RG3 could be great but for such a smart guy, he does not know how to minimise the effect of contact at all. I'd think most teams would take Kap because he is the best pure passer of them

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat May 04, 2013 4:10 am

He's had an extra year and a half to sit and be tutored. I'd rather have RG3 and Wilson, both were a much larger reason for their teams ending up where they were than Kaepernick
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 4:27 am

fair enough, just don't see them having more pro potential. They don't have as good an arm, the size or the lack of injury history. I can't find one thing in either that CK doesn't have. But he'll show that next season anyway

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat May 04, 2013 4:31 am

Wut, RG3 has a fantastic arm
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 am

As others say RG3 by far the best for me.

Then Wilson just shades it over Kaepernick for me. Wilson's first year in the league was very good. Kaepernick has an X Factor but he was fairly inconsistent at times last year. The St Louis and Miami games come to mind.

But as I say RG3 by a mile. And the injury isnt an excuse. We're talking about the best player when fit here.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 4:38 am

Absolutely but not quite as strong and I've not seen the same range of throws from him that I have seen from Wilson or CK. Wilson has really nice touch compared to the others imo whereas CK has that howitzer that only maybe a guy like Cutler can match. I think most teams would take him for his arm and not his legs as some suggest, but I hope that thought has passed now. I don't think CK is as much of a scheme fit as the other two. His arm talent means he could play in any offense. He has won games without any read option or pistol

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 4:41 am

Olly wrote:As others say RG3 by far the best for me.

Then Wilson just shades it over Kaepernick for me. Wilson's first year in the league was very good. Kaepernick has an X Factor but he was fairly inconsistent at times last year. The St Louis and Miami games come to mind.

But as I say RG3 by a mile. And the injury isnt an excuse. We're talking about the best player when fit here.

I think Wilson edges it because he played the entire season but I really don't see him getting much better. But with RG3 and CK, I think the sky is the limit if they are healthy. You are saying RG3 by a mile but I wouldn't agree, his best wasn't as impressive as the best of Wilson or CK.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat May 04, 2013 4:43 am

RG3 has an absolute cannon, you don't go 2nd overall as a noodle arm.

Vick has the best arm bar Jamarcus I've seen. Dude flicks it and it goes miles
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 am

GSC wrote:RG3 has an absolute cannon, you don't go 2nd overall as a noodle arm.

Vick has the best arm bar Jamarcus I've seen. Dude flicks it and it goes miles

He definitely does but CK joins Stafford and Culter as the only NFL QB's considered to have a bigger arm right now. I agree with Vick, but do you think he still has that arm strength?

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat May 04, 2013 4:46 am

Yeah his physical talent is still there. He just can't read defences and is made of glass
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 5:07 am

GSC wrote:Yeah his physical talent is still there. He just can't read defences and is made of glass

I wonder if he gets cut before the season or if they keep him for a year because Chip wants his own QB through draft next year when pool of talent at position is so much better

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat May 04, 2013 5:07 am

Best man wins the job
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 5:11 am

Barkley!

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat May 04, 2013 5:12 am

If he wins the week 1 starting job I'll change my name to Batt Markley
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 am

It's an interesting question because after watching all three quarterbacks last season, for me, it's really difficult to judge. How do you make a distinction, where does either Griffin, Wilson or Kaepernick have a significant advantage over the other two?

Washington, Seattle and San Francisco were all doing very similar things on offense with these quarterbacks at the helm. Physically I don't see any of them having much of an advantage over the others, they can all run and they can all throw the ball. I'm not concerned about who has the biggest arm because, in this case, I don't think it matters. They have all demonstrated a big enough arm and good enough ball placement to stick a pass into a tight window and that includes throws down the field. Even Russell Wilson, who's arm strength I had concerns about, has demonstrated the ability to do this. At the end of the day I really don't care if one of them can throw it out of the stadium while the others can "only" throw it to the end zone.

All three ran the read option, all three ran plays out of a pistol alignment last season as the coaching staff installed a system that would take advanatge of the skillset on offer. All three were backed up by (and took advanatge of) an impressive running game, Morris and Lynch finishing 2nd and 3rd in total rushing yards and Frank Gore 10th. You could make the argument that Kaepernick and Wilson had the added advantage of playing on more talented teams overall and with much better defenses (IMO two of the best defenses in the NFL).

Seattle definitely eased Russell Wilson into the NFL with what they were doing on offense but so did the 49ers and Redskins with Kaepernick and Griffin.

Many former and current NFL coaches and FO personnel will tell you that to be a successful quarterback in the NFL you have to be an effective pocket passer before anything else and, IMO, that's still the case. So I guess the question should be who looks like the best drop back (pocket) passer of the three? Who can slide in the pocket and keep their eyes downfield without getting happy feet, who demonstrates the ability to read the field and make the best decisions, most accurate, ability to stand in the pocket, make a throw and take a hit, anticipation, leadership and poise, can he make that 3rd down pass?

They are all mobile and they can all make a throw. I would say that Griffin and Wilson looked better reading the field than Kaepernick but again, through scheme, coaches attempted to put each of them in situations where positive matchups made their decisions easier. Statistically, in terms of QB hits, pressures and sacks, Robert Griffin took the most heat in the pocket, and his passing stats are as good or better than the other two but I don't know if that tells you anything about poise and ability under pressure. Interception totals are all pretty low.

They're all going to be challenged next season by being asked to do more and defensive coaches are watching tape and finding weaknessess as we speak. Best pocket passer wins.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat May 04, 2013 11:11 am

I dunno what ur talking about when you say RW has peaked? why is the sky the limit for the other 2 and not Russell?

Wilson was better than CK last year in term of passing, sure CK has a rocket of an arm but he is a runner before a passer

watch them both and CK will take off immidiatly while Wilson always looks for the pass beofer the rumn if there is time, ive seen CK in deoth on 2 occasions and both times he looks like a rabbit in headlights.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 am

cherriesfna wrote:I dunno what ur talking about when you say RW has peaked? why is the sky the limit for the other 2 and not Russell?

Wilson was better than CK last year in term of passing, sure CK has a rocket of an arm but he is a runner before a passer

watch them both and CK will take off immidiatly while Wilson always looks for the pass beofer the rumn if there is time, ive seen CK in deoth on 2 occasions and both times he looks like a rabbit in headlights.

CK and RG3 have rare arm talent and athletic abilty, Wilson doesn't so their ceilings are higher. And you are completely wrong in your assessment of CK, he is not a run first QB, we had about a million articles on nfl.com and any other reputable source dismiss this a long time ago. I can't be bothered finding the stat but he barely ran at all rather than pass. Unless you are confusing the pistol or read option game where the runs are designed.Watch the falcons game, I remember seeing the stat that he had only one scramble for positive yardage that entire game. You are just picking out two games because he struggled for a time in two games. Did you not watch the playoffs? To say he looks out of place is ridiculous. If anything he shone brightest in prime time. Whether or not people like it, size of a QB matters. And when Wilson rolls out to one side of the field, all of a sudden, only half a field to defend because he doesn't have the biggest arm to throw cross country. So whereas RG3 and CK are increibly difficult to gameplan, Wilson's moves are pretty obvious. Doesn't mean he isn't a great talent, only that he is way more predictable and so imo defenses will figure him out sooner.

And that doesn''t mean Wilson isn't great. Even if he didn't get a lot better , he'd still be a top ten NFL QB imo. But I feel like everyone knows where we stand on Wilson. In contrast, we don't know what is coming with CK. His floor is probably the same type of perfromances thta had him playing in a SB in only his 10th game, so who knows what the ceiling is. Wilson is just much easier to scheme against but that means nothing unless defenders actually carry out their duties first, knowing and doing are two different things

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 pm

You spelt Kaepernick wrong in the title. Sorry just realised!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Olly wrote:You spelt Kaepernick wrong in the title. Sorry just realised!

To quote Triple H 'it never happened!'

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat May 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:CK and RG3 have rare arm talent and athletic abilty, Wilson doesn't so their ceilings are higher. And you are completely wrong in your assessment of CK, he is not a run first QB, we had about a million articles on nfl.com and any other reputable source dismiss this a long time ago. I can't be bothered finding the stat but he barely ran at all rather than pass. Unless you are confusing the pistol or read option game where the runs are designed.Watch the falcons game, I remember seeing the stat that he had only one scramble for positive yardage that entire game. You are just picking out two games because he struggled for a time in two games. Did you not watch the playoffs? To say he looks out of place is ridiculous. If anything he shone brightest in prime time.
That stat wouldn't prove he isn't a run first QB would simply prove he had a poor time running against the Falcons. Well that would depend upon which prime time you're thinking of he looked completely out of place at the SB until we had an hour waiting for the lights to work.

If I'm starting my franchise tomorrow it's a tough question, RG3 would be my choice but then I don't know when he's going to be fit enough to play, I don't know if he'll be able to play the way he did last year, how much do I have to change my offensive plans? I'm not sure how big a playbook I can give Wilson but then he also hasn't had the big name receivers the other 2 have had and has had to scramble to wait for them to get open, not really concerned by his height. I think with Kaerpernick it would come down to interviews is he going to use the Super Bowl experience as motivation to push on and get better or is he going to crumble? In reality I'd choose Luck but out of these 3 it would probably be RG3 above the others IF my medical team were happy with his recovery process.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Derbyblue wrote:
Colan (niner) wrote:CK and RG3 have rare arm talent and athletic abilty, Wilson doesn't so their ceilings are higher. And you are completely wrong in your assessment of CK, he is not a run first QB, we had about a million articles on nfl.com and any other reputable source dismiss this a long time ago. I can't be bothered finding the stat but he barely ran at all rather than pass. Unless you are confusing the pistol or read option game where the runs are designed.Watch the falcons game, I remember seeing the stat that he had only one scramble for positive yardage that entire game. You are just picking out two games because he struggled for a time in two games. Did you not watch the playoffs? To say he looks out of place is ridiculous. If anything he shone brightest in prime time.
That stat wouldn't prove he isn't a run first QB would simply prove he had a poor time running against the Falcons. Well that would depend upon which prime time you're thinking of he looked completely out of place at the SB until we had an hour waiting for the lights to work.

If I'm starting my franchise tomorrow it's a tough question, RG3 would be my choice but then I don't know when he's going to be fit enough to play, I don't know if he'll be able to play the way he did last year, how much do I have to change my offensive plans? I'm not sure how big a playbook I can give Wilson but then he also hasn't had the big name receivers the other 2 have had and has had to scramble to wait for them to get open, not really concerned by his height. I think with Kaerpernick it would come down to interviews is he going to use the Super Bowl experience as motivation to push on and get better or is he going to crumble? In reality I'd choose Luck but out of these 3 it would probably be RG3 above the others IF my medical team were happy with his recovery process.

I don't consider the SB a negative on him, I think the entire team were horrible early. Did you expect perfection from a guy who was in just his 10th start? Two games earlier he was breaking NFL records, he had arguably the best first 10 games of a career ever. If you look at the games against the Falcons, Bears and Packers and he thrived off pressure. CK is the most workout crazy QB in the NFL so I'd not be worried by his motivation. In fact I read yesterday that he didn't want to do a Jaguar advert because it would interfere with his film study and workout schedule. But he ultimately did it over three days instead of one so it wasn't affected. Just google his offseason work so far this year, you'd be hard pressed to find a young player that has done more getting the guys together for workouts and improving his own game. Not sure if this is a positive or negative, but he does seems incredibly ripped for a QB, as in the 8 pack and huge arms. But if anythinghe got faster over the course of the season, not sure if its his own regime or the 49ers but they do a good job of keeping flexbility and the same quick twitch skills. Seems to aid the chances of injury as well. I saw a nice comparison the other day between Wilson and CK and it is probably accurate. Wilson sometimes gets the unfair tag of lacking personality but it is really just the case that he has a really cool under pressure mentality, wouldn't bother him what game it was. Whereas CK is an adrenaline junkie who thrives off big games and is a maniacal leader and motivator. Both different options and you could say its like Flacco V Brady with Wilson being Flacco and CK Brady, really can't go wrong with either personality. Both are winners looking to always get better. I don't think Wilson faced as much adversity as Colin though last year and now Seattle have a tougher schedule so lets see. CK had all his big road wins last year unlike most so I feel quite comfortable with him now that we know we have an insane schedule next year. And for anyone that says Wilson or CK thrive from a great team, when you consider the fact the 49ers through their FO work have turned from a purely defensive team to one of the most expplosive offenses in the NFL, clearly the QB is trusted and is considered a gamer

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat May 04, 2013 9:37 pm

It is such a good advertisement for the NFL i suppose when you consider the top young qb's (Luck, CK, Wilson, RG3) are such high character guys

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun May 05, 2013 12:03 am

I think the fact that we're arguing about arm strength and athleticism when all three have shown to be effective running and passing kind of proves my point about how difficult this question is to answer at this point.

We're talking about leadership abilities based off articles we've read, I agree that leadership is a big part of being a successful quarterback but I can probably find just as many articles which support Wilson and Griffin's work ethic and leadership abilities. The best pocket passer wins, we'll get a better idea next season when each quarterback either takes steps forwards or backwards.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun May 05, 2013 12:45 am

twelve283 wrote:I think the fact that we're arguing about arm strength and athleticism when all three have shown to be effective running and passing kind of proves my point about how difficult this question is to answer at this point.

We're talking about leadership abilities based off articles we've read, I agree that leadership is a big part of being a successful quarterback but I can probably find just as many articles which support Wilson and Griffin's work ethic and leadership abilities. The best pocket passer wins, we'll get a better idea next season when each quarterback either takes steps forwards or backwards.

I honestly think all of them are too talented to take a step backwards. I think Wilson will play at about the same level as last season (amazing) and a healthy RG3 and CK will take the game to a different place in terms of quarterbacking.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun May 05, 2013 1:44 am

In terms of who I would want to start a franchise with, and to lead my locker room, it has to be Russell Wilson. He grew into the role throughout the year and just kept getting better. The almost win against the Falcons in the Divisional Playoffs is the kind of drive I want my QB to put together. I can't remember off the top of my head RG3 or CK doing anything similar.

About CK being a run first QB - that's pish. The Falcons planned to stop CK from running the ball. They had (I'm assuming) Abrahams stand up on the outside and pretty much spy the QB. Frank Gore had 20+ carries because the Falcons were giving up the inside zone on every play. It was really pretty watching the 49ers run game - pulling Guards and having Bruce Miller destroy LB's leaving gaping holes for the runner. Love it.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon May 06, 2013 6:26 am

Well I'm a Redskins fan so you know who gets my vote. Let's be honest here, splitting these three QBs on the basis of what we've seen of them so far is like splitting hairs. They were all outstanding last season given their relative lack of experience.

Would just want to say a few things about RG3 though - he has tremendous football intelligence. He has a tremendous work ethic - first man in to work in the morning and last man out at night. He's exceptionally tough. He's a tremendous leader - voted a team captain in his rookie year. If you're picking a guy to start a franchise with then you want him to have all these things. RG3 leads by example and last season he single handedly elevated the play of a previously pretty mediocre bunch of players. He made everyone raise their game because they had to keep up with him. He raised the bar and they had to join him. That's leadership.

As for arm strength, RG3's credentials are beyond question there. He zips that ball through windows that barely exist and can launch it downfield no problem. There are no throws he can't make. 5 INTs last season tells a story of a QB who makes crisp, accurate throws and makes good decisions.

I totally respect Wilson and Kap. Seattle and San Fran are in good hands but I wouldn't swap RG3 for either of them. We gave up a ton to get him and I'm so glad we did.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon May 06, 2013 9:27 am

Number-25 wrote:Well I'm a Redskins fan so you know who gets my vote. Let's be honest here, splitting these three QBs on the basis of what we've seen of them so far is like splitting hairs. They were all outstanding last season given their relative lack of experience.

Would just want to say a few things about RG3 though - he has tremendous football intelligence. He has a tremendous work ethic - first man in to work in the morning and last man out at night. He's exceptionally tough. He's a tremendous leader - voted a team captain in his rookie year. If you're picking a guy to start a franchise with then you want him to have all these things. RG3 leads by example and last season he single handedly elevated the play of a previously pretty mediocre bunch of players. He made everyone raise their game because they had to keep up with him. He raised the bar and they had to join him. That's leadership.

As for arm strength, RG3's credentials are beyond question there. He zips that ball through windows that barely exist and can launch it downfield no problem. There are no throws he can't make. 5 INTs last season tells a story of a QB who makes crisp, accurate throws and makes good decisions.

I totally respect Wilson and Kap. Seattle and San Fran are in good hands but I wouldn't swap RG3 for either of them. We gave up a ton to get him and I'm so glad we did.

I agree with everything you said, but from an outsiders perspective, I'd think I'd be terrified if I were a Skins fan. I love the guy but his injury history scares me. Also I don't think his body frame absorbs punishment well. Add to that he isn't quite as savvy as guys like Wilson or CK when it comes to minimising the effect of hits etc, I honestly think he will be injured a lot, hate to say it but just how I feel

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue May 07, 2013 8:02 am

Read this.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 am

Nice read, really just a big love in for Wilson. Doesn't change how I feel about him though, knew he had a nice arm

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

One biased, gushing article isn't going to change opinions here mate Very Happy

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 pm

The guy might be incredibly biased and spewing some rubbish but he is a good hype artist and beat writer, I think he could sell Tebow well

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 pm

he wasnt spewing any rubbish what he wrote is 100% true
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Cherries got spellcheck for his 18th birthday it seems.

Kinda awkward now...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm

I actually started up the argument on the 'other site' and here are some the best replies (from neutrals i.e not fans of the 3 teams):

"But CK - woah, fellas...sky ain't too high for his ceiling. He could revolutionize this position and simply take it over. If he remains solid and stout and injury free - got yourself a Jim Brown at QB with a rocket arm. Nice. "

"If I could guarantee his knee, I'd take rgIII because he's the best pure passer of the 3."

"I wouldn't marginalize CK's advantages to just the read option - and RGIII has been living off it too - even more so than CK.

It's just - while RGIII is the best pure passer right now as I mentioned earlier - well, there are a quite a few really good pure passers in the game...he doesn't break the mold if he just has to stand back there.

CK - as big and strong and fast as he is - what they can invent with this guy is just full of possibilities beyond which we've never seen. I feel confident in what I've seen in him in growing just as a passer and then coupled with his other measurables - he's a new athlete, the sort of promise we'd had hoped to see from Young and Russell - the big, strong, fast, brick of a house QB who is near impossible to sack with a cannon arm.

Needless to say I have a man-crush on CK. It might not work but I'll always be a sucker for the guy who opens up a new door with the potential to revolutionize. I think his upside is beyond anyone. At the very least, if your QB can take off for that 1st down to move the sticks when all else fails to extend the drive - well, that's worth its weight in gold. He makes men look like boys...I've never seen anything like it in those playoff games. It reminded me of Vince Young against USC college kids in the Rose Bowl. There was no answer...play the pass, he takes the yards in front of him...go after him and he takes off in the open space. Force him to pass by playing contain and he's got the goods. "

"Russell Wilson for me. You want to talk intelligence this guy has it, hear the interviews the guy isn't just media trained he comes across as one of the most thought full guys I've heard. Most QBs sound like they have been watching Tom Brady documentaries too much repeating back one liners to sound like a competitor. Something about Wilson reminds me of Reggie Miller the way he competes and conducts himself. "

"Why? Like scouting, it's subjective...because it's all about what potential you're looking for and want.

I don't want a svelt sprinters body and don't need sprinters speed...but football speed and muscle quickness. I'll prefer the extra 2 inches height and 20 pounds. RGIII isn't breaking many tackles in the pocket f a big guy has got a hold of him for a sack. CK was sacked 16 times (yeah a lot goes into that figure but...)

I think everyone agrees RGIII is the most gifted passer...and I said this many times on here when he was in college - most beautiful deep ball but CK isn't lacking physical tools...he just didn't throw the ball a million times in college. While the read option may fade...having a 3rd threat back there to take off will never fade. I don't think RGIII provides any advantage over CK on that and may just end up more on the IR.
Every time I see JPP throw RGIII down like a rag doll, I'd hold my breath as a Skins fan...and as a GM/owner, I don't want to be holding my breath all the time. "

"I think CK is the easy pick.
The Arm
The Speed
The Team he plays on.- Stacked Roster with Headcase Coach who will not allow standards to slip when the inevitable title comes their way. #Next Dynasty Alert "

"QBR i dont go for that, but the record was very good.

"Did you not watch CK blow up the NFL last season?
His potential is scary. By seasons end teams should have had some clue........some clearly didnt (Dom Capers you tool, i mean you!) Agreed the big issue is the future contract, but i think he will want to stay in San Francisco and build a dynasty so he wont bankrupt them.
Next season will either prove he was a flash in the pan (very very unlikely) or more likely he will dominate and the 49ers will win the Superbowl "

"CK-LeBron James of the NFL - The once and future king."

"Someone asked about upside.

CK's draft scouting report is the epitome of upside:
Strengths: Elite size and frame – Incredible speed for a QB
– Great footwork from Pistol/Shotgun and under center – Very strong arm – Can make all the throws – Very intelligent – Great intangibles.

Weaknesses: Long, somewhat funky delivery – Doesn’t have
pro-offense experience – Accuracy still has room for improvement

He can improve upon his weaknesses with training and more game experience. The other QBs can't improve his strengths by training or through experience. You can't teach his strengths. "

"'id go RGIII for many of the reasons given above, Wilson is a strange one because the first game I properly watched him was their loss at the Phins and I wasn't impressed given the hype. Obviously changed that in the games following. "

"CK all day, he has the skill set to be the next big thing. Should have gone second overall and would of if he was in a different college and used foundation on his arms. Alas he dropped and the '9ers are loving it and for good reason he's everything you need in a franchise QB in terms of his abilities.

He may struggle with his decision making at times, this can be taught and as mentioned before he has a slightly off delivery which again can be tutored out of him, everything else, power, accuracy and so on i'd rate as a 1st round, top 10 talent.

Wilson I do like as well, I like the fact that he seems a bit more composed at key moments compared to CK, and he is deadly accurate. RGIII much like CK has all the tools, but those legs are simply not worth the risk. "

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue May 07, 2013 11:47 pm

It was a very biased article but it was a good read that highlighted Wilson's passing ability. I love his deep ball. Interesting to read that interview with him towards the end of the article. Wilson and CK are yet to have all the reps at training camp so next year we could see even more improvement. Mind-blowing.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue May 07, 2013 11:49 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion the read option might come crashing back to earth. And with that I think Wilson will be the best of the 3 next year.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed May 08, 2013 12:37 am

GSC wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion the read option might come crashing back to earth. And with that I think Wilson will be the best of the 3 next year.

I think all three don't need the read option, if you look at all their biggest wins, it was rarely used. Seems to be myth that they need it but they only used it mostly because they have the right guy to do it. We aren't talking abut Joe Webb here, but rather 3 guys guys who beat top competition without it at all. I think for CK, biggest difference will be that a spy is put him on. It was embarassing seeing teams try to do it last year but I think its an option. For Wilson, you can play half the field if he rolls out as much. His offense is a little more limited and Seattle like it that way so I can see defenders stacking more to one side because you will see him rolling and he can't throw cross country much, that is a rare skill

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed May 08, 2013 12:59 am

this sums up my feelings on Wilson and why I think he'll be consistently very good but won't improve much on last season, also why he is most likely to be affected by defense keying in:

"No way....he's like a Brees a little but his passes beyond 20 yards are still way too floaty and hang...if this league had better safeties who weren't stretched to their limit Wilson would be getting picked a lot more.
Just as his scouting report from college...Wilson does everything good like he was a multi-tool baseball player - but he does nothing great.
I'm not taking a QB who has to shuffle and roll out of the pocket most of the time to complete a pass over CK and RGIII. Look, I like Wilson...he had a great year and is a gamer and dinks and dunks and runs and completes a lot of passes - but I don't get the fawning. He doesn't have the tools to get himself or his team out of trouble...it seems things have to be orchestrated for him and the hanging bomb wide open.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed May 08, 2013 1:35 am

"He doesn't have the tools to get himself or his team out of trouble"

Lolwut. Russell Wilson had Four 4th Quarter comebacks and 5 Game Winning Drives, plus the heroic comeback v Atlanta that Matt Ryan took away from him with a 30 second drive. What a lot of crap.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next