The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ambrose

+6
Kay Fabe
Hero
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
Kenny
HitmanOwl
10 posters

Go down

Ambrose Empty Ambrose

Post by HitmanOwl Wed May 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Easily my favourite wrestler atm. For me he's got the lot size,the look,quality on the Mic,in ring ability,psychology the lot job. This guy is probably p4p the best wrestler wwe has even just edges punk. Would he work face? Time will tell but for a heel he's top,top quality. I wouldn't be the slightest surprised if its him and taker at mania and dare I say it he might even win.

(the guy who if ever takes the streak needs to be a upcoming young talent,Pref heel. Which in turn could take them all the way to the top I.e creating a superstar)

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Ambrose Empty Re: Ambrose

Post by Kenny Wed May 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Like i said on the SD thread i think Ambrose will be US Champion before Summer Slam and then who knows how high he can go given the right booking and as long as WWE don't mess with his character to much .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed May 08, 2013 5:09 pm

It just shows how effective simple things can be so effective in building stars.

WWE looked at the indies, they saw a guy who was standing out, picked him up, elevated him to the main roster with roughly the same gimmick he'd spent years crafting, he was elevated with a purpose and has been given a relativly strong and consistant push, and what do you know everyone is raving about him.

It boggles the mind that it can be so simple yet so often WWE and other promotions deviate from the formula, usually with no satisfactory results.

For the record I still think Punk's the standout guy in the company, paticuarly as compared to Ambrose who's been relativly protected, Punk was laid bare in the main event every week for 6 months, I'd have Ambrose in my top 3 though, just behind Punk and Bryan.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed May 08, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm surprised at the amount of loving Ambrose gets to be honest. I'm not really a fan of his look, I get that it's interesting because it's unorthodox and he looks slightly creepy and unhinged, but I struggle to take him totally seriously. As an actor, he's extremely hammy, it's like he's trying to be the Joker, but without the reasoning for it.

In the ring, he's obviously quite good, I wouldn't say he's shown enough to make me think he could put on a 5 star match at a major PPV, but he's certainly a good wrestler. Of the Shield, I've found him the least interesting though.

I'd agree with House in saying that CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are probably my top 2 in wrestling. Punk's success is less of a surprise to me than Bryan's, who has really forced his way to the top and he's probably the most over full time face apart from Randy Orton these days.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed May 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Even I as Ambrose fan club member 0001 would see him behind Punk. I'd see his stock currently as perhaps one that WWE and in particularly HHH as a great foil to whoever they wish to eventually push as Cena's successor. I can very much see all three of the Shield eventually becoming the main eventers and with them all coming through as a group it would make for a fantastic long term rivalry.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Kenny wrote:Like i said on the SD thread i think Ambrose will be US Champion before Summer Slam and then who knows how high he can go given the right booking and as long as WWE don't mess with his character to much .

Given the way he eyeballed the title after pinning Kofi on Raw I'm surprised a title match hasn't already been made with reigns and Rollins going for the tag titles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed May 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Pound for pound better than Punk? Really?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed May 08, 2013 5:56 pm

I don't really see them as single entities yet. I definitely think Rollins has shown the most in ring ability. I go back and forth on all of them as to who will be the biggest. Currently I see Rollins being massive as a face.

He's nowhere near Punk, and not near Bryan yet either. The Shield are a single entity still and one that hasn't had a conclusion to its original run yet. The Nexus had promise too. I'm not sure who is getting the biggest push in this respect. Ambrose on his own for the US or Rollins and Reigns possibly beating the WWE's hottest tag team in years

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu May 09, 2013 6:10 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I don't really see them as single entities yet. I definitely think Rollins has shown the most in ring ability. I go back and forth on all of them as to who will be the biggest. Currently I see Rollins being massive as a face.

He's nowhere near Punk, and not near Bryan yet either. The Shield are a single entity still and one that hasn't had a conclusion to its original run yet. The Nexus had promise too. I'm not sure who is getting the biggest push in this respect. Ambrose on his own for the US or Rollins and Reigns possibly beating the WWE's hottest tag team in years

I totally agree with this, on my top 5 I have the Shield at number two but if I split them I don't know if they'd actually all be on it...like you said, I see them as a single entity and I think that's a good thing because it shows just how good a team they are and how much further WWE can push them like this before the inevitable split.

If done correctly, the break up of the Shield could be such a big storyline.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesaw's ready Thu May 09, 2013 11:52 am

Crimey wrote:I'm surprised at the amount of loving Ambrose gets to be honest. I'm not really a fan of his look, I get that it's interesting because it's unorthodox and he looks slightly creepy and unhinged, but I struggle to take him totally seriously. As an actor, he's extremely hammy, it's like he's trying to be the Joker, but without the reasoning for it.

In the ring, he's obviously quite good, I wouldn't say he's shown enough to make me think he could put on a 5 star match at a major PPV, but he's certainly a good wrestler. Of the Shield, I've found him the least interesting though.

I'd agree with House in saying that CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are probably my top 2 in wrestling. Punk's success is less of a surprise to me than Bryan's, who has really forced his way to the top and he's probably the most over full time face apart from Randy Orton these days.

Totally agree, he is a massive ham!

Bonesaw's ready

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Fair enough,punk is the no.1 guy but I think ambrose is definitely up there.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue May 14, 2013 12:14 pm

I am obsessed with Ambrose at the moment; the guy is great. heart

I have been watching loads of old clips on youtube and he is just brilliant....hopefully he will win the US title at Extreme Rules; he deserves it much more than Kofi and it will make Cesaro's loss make sense.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down