The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moto GP Moving to BT Sports

3 posters

Go down

Moto GP Moving to BT Sports  Empty Moto GP Moving to BT Sports

Post by Fernando Thu 09 May 2013, 3:02 pm

BT Sport has won the TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 in a five-year deal, after a decade of coverage on the BBC.

BBC coverage for the remainder of this season will be unaffected, with all races and some qualifying sessions available on BBC One and BBC Two.

UK viewers can also still stream all practice sessions and races this season live through the BBC Sport website.

"We believe that we have brought the sport to a new, wider audience," a BBC spokesperson said.

"We would like to thank our production teams for the contribution they have made in raising the profile of the sport in the UK."

Last summer, BT secured the rights to broadcast 38 Premier League matches per season from 2013-14 to 2015-16, along with English Premiership Rugby and the women's tennis tour.

In addition, BT's acquisition of ESPN's TV channels in the UK and Ireland in February will bring the rights to show live games from the FA Cup, Scottish Premier League, Europa League and German Bundesliga.

The BBC added: "We are very proud of our Moto GP coverage and submitted a competitive bid to retain the broadcasting rights beyond our current contract.

"We will continue to bring great content to our audiences for the rest of this season."

BBC coverage is also available on the Red Button, iPlayer, IPTV and on smartphones for the rest of the season.

Source: BBC Sport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Moto GP Moving to BT Sports  Empty Re: Moto GP Moving to BT Sports

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 May 2013, 3:10 pm

I heard. The BBC are losing everything these days so it's no real surprise. Matt Roberts is going to be presenting the coverage so I wonder if Steve and Charlie will be following. Any idea what happens to the Moto 2 and Moto 3?

http://www.btlife.bt.com/entertainment/bt-sport-announces-a-great-line-up-of-sporting-talent/
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 9:56 pm

Disappointing news but I will get over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:47 pm

Just seen this news. Bad news for Moto GP fans and the sport in Britain.

The F1 viewing figures have gone through the floor since its move to Sky and I can only think Moto GP audiences on BT Sport will be next to nothing.

I don't really understand why F1 or Moto GP, the pinnacle of their sports, need to be on pay-per-view? Surely big sponsors want big audiences? Perhaps their are a few people running the sport with their hands in the coffers wanting big paydays?
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down