The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OUCH- Sky's Lions Rejects XV

+13
BigTrevsbigmac
king_carlos
Notch
100%beefy
RDSguru
flyhalffactory
formerly known as Sam
MotelMoneyMurderMadness
The Saint
welshboii15
Looseheaded
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
pete (buachaill on eirne)
17 posters

Go down

OUCH- Sky's Lions Rejects XV Empty OUCH- Sky's Lions Rejects XV

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat May 11, 2013 4:11 am

15 Mike Brown (England)

The Harlequins ace has been in sensational form for club and country and has shown his versatility, too. Brown played out of position for England on the wing during the RBS Six Nations, however he put in some impressive shifts. In his preferred No 15 jersey for Quins, Brown has continually been the standout performer - he is safe under the high ball, aggressive in defence and has worked hard to add a useful turn of pace to his repertoire.

14 Simon Zebo (Ireland)

The Irishman showed some nice touches during the RBS Six Nations - with some nifty footballing skills leading to a try against Wales - however injury struck at the wrong time. The Munsterman made a timely return to action but he has failed to convince Warren Gatland he is worth the risk. The 23-year-old has scored 20 tries in 48 appearances for Munster - including a hat-trick against Racing Metro in the Heineken Cup this season.

13 Matt Scott (Scotland)

According to the stats Scott was the only Scotland international to make the RBS Six Nations Team of the Championship, but he failed to make the 37-man squad for the Lions. Scott was 'Mr Consistent' for Scotland, hardly putting a foot wrong and even showing plenty of nice touches in attack. However, Scott's misfortunate is that it was always going to take a miracle to break into the Lions midfield.

12 Ian Madigan (Ireland)

If Gatland had been looking for someone in the back division to add some X-Factor then Madigan would have fitted the bill. The Leinster back has enjoyed a standout season, with his form earning him a place in the RaboDirect PRO12 Dream Team as well as his club's Players' Player of the year title. In 29 appearances this season Madigan has weighed in with 228 points, with his elusive running resulting in eight tries.

11 Christian Wade (England)

Another uncapped player whose stellar domestic form saw him considered for the trip to Australia. Wade has proved there is more to wing play than the modern-day belief you need a big unit out wide. His tally of 18 tries in 26 appearances have been crucial to Wasps this season - with Wade's electric pace, quick feet and low centre of gravity tormenting defenders this season.

10 Jonny Wilkinson (England)

Barnes - Wilkinson the ideal replacement
The World Cup-winning fly-half had the chance to tour with the Lions, however, Wilkinson opted to turn down the offer. The 33-year-old claimed his fitness and commitments with Toulon meant it was best for him to miss out. His performances in the Top 14 and the Heineken Cup proved he is still among the world's best - with his kicking, game management and defence guiding Toulon towards the double.

9 Greig Laidlaw (Scotland)

The Scotland No 9 must be wondering what else he could have done to make it on to the plane to Australia. Laidlaw was in scintillating form during the RBS Six Nations, helping Scotland to third in the standings. He marshalled the pack brilliantly, while he was able to produce quick ball for the backs. Laidlaw, who can play at fly-half as well, was also near-faultless with the boot as he supplied a steady stream of points.

1 Ryan Grant (Scotland)

Another Scotland international who can count himself unlucky not to be heading to Australia. Grant was tipped by many to earn a call-up after some brilliant performances during the Six Nations but he misses out with Matt Stevens getting the nod instead. The Glasgow loosehead made his debut in the famous 9-6 victory over Australia last year and the 27-year-old hasn't looked back since.

2 Rory Best (Ireland)

The most notable omission from the British and Irish Lions squad announcement was that of Best. The Ireland and Ulster hooker was many people's favourite to start in the Test team, so for him not to even make the touring party came as a complete shock. Best, who has won 67 caps for Ireland and gone on to captain his country, is a strong ball-carrier and a defensive general.

3 Mike Ross (Ireland)

The Leinster tighthead is one of the top scrummagers in the game and he has been credited for helping stabilising Ireland's set-piece. A late bloomer on the international scene, the 33-year-old Ross has gone on to be the cornerstone of the Irish pack since 2011 and his form during the past year in particular had moved the former Harlequins man into contention for a Lions spot.

4 Joe Launchbury (England)

The tour to Australia has perhaps come a year too soon for the England lock. Launchbury burst on to the international stage in 2012 with a number of impressive displays during the autumn Tests - with the 22-year-old being named the QBE man-of-the-series. The Wasps forward carried this form into the Six Nations, with Launchbury catching the eye with his work-rate in the loose.

5 Jim Hamilton (Scotland)

The 30-year-old's hopes of ever appearing for the Lions now look to be over. Hamilton, who was overlooked for the 2009 tour to South Africa, did everything asked of him in the Six Nations - with some towering lineout work as well as being a defensive rock. The Gloucester lock started every one of Scotland's games as they went on to finish third - registering wins over Italy and Ireland.

6 Ryan Jones (Wales)

The former Wales captain can count himself very unlucky not to be involved with the Lions - although it is likely that injury ultimately ended his chances. Jones performed brilliantly during the Six Nations and looked rejuvenated when he stepped up to take over the captaincy in Sam Warburton's absence. To make matters worse for Jones, he has also been overlooked for Wales' summer tour - with Robin McBryde giving youth a chance.

7 Chris Robshaw (England)

Robshaw misses out
The decision to leave Robshaw at home pushes Best's omission hard as the biggest shock from the Lions squad announcement. The England captain had been touted as a possible skipper for the tour, with Robshaw having led club and country with distinction. However, the loss to Wales in Cardiff and the return to fitness of Dan Lydiate appear to have counted against him.

8 Johnnie Beattie (Scotland)

Beattie must have fancied his chances of emulating his father and playing for the Lions after some sterling displays for Scotland. The Montpellier No 8 might have been surprised to have started the Six Nations, however he proved he was more than worth his place in the side. Beattie's ability to get over the gainline and defensive work, though, were not quite enough to earn him a place.

I would add guys like Danny Care, Tim Visser, Kelly Brown, Peter O'Mahony, Nathan Hines, Donnacha Ryan to this list also

Back to top Go down

OUCH- Sky's Lions Rejects XV Empty Re: OUCH- Sky's Lions Rejects XV

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat May 11, 2013 4:13 am

Think they'd give the actual Lions a decent game - shame that's not the Baa-Baas side for HK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat May 11, 2013 4:17 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Think they'd give the actual Lions a decent game - shame that's not the Baa-Baas side for HK

Yeah in a way it would almost be nice to go and see a "you got the jersey, I hate you." kinda game.
This team seems pretty athletic and dynamic compared to the BaaBaa's also

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat May 11, 2013 4:26 am

Aside from 10 and 9 I have no complete disagreement with the side. I'd definitely consider Biggar and Care a better pairing and individually more deserving of the Lions.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Sat May 11, 2013 4:38 am

And paul james for grant maybe but still close call

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 am

Good team isn't it. Especially if you have those said players on the bench.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Sat May 11, 2013 4:48 am

I think its a great team but few minor tweeks kelly brown has to start even at 8 you got gave him in the side after his six nations maybe Paul James Tim visser and biggar has put his hand up slightly more than wilkinson

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by MotelMoneyMurderMadness Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 am

Good side. But I would have Kelly Brown in the backrow, probably in place of Jones, and the Armitage brothers and Sheridan on the bench.

MotelMoneyMurderMadness

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat May 11, 2013 8:10 am

I'd have Delon nowhere near the England team let alone the Lions. He's an arrogant tool and hasn't kicked on in several years. There's Goode, Tait, Homer, Brown and Miller all in England who I'd take ahead of him. That's just England.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:12 am

I think Sky's hyperbole about Robshaw has completely ignored someone like Ryan Jones, who for me is surely at least as deserving, if not more so, than Robshaw and Brown. Ryan has captained a side to a Grand Slam, been on two lions tours, played in one, and was integral in the 2012 Slam. He's also the kind of guy who other players who don't know him would warm to/he'd work well as a midweek captain. The fact is that the back row competition is so intense, the likes of Wood, Denton and Rennie, who were all seriously touted as potential tourists not long ago, didn't even come into the equation.

It looks a pretty tidy team, not sure Brown has done enough though?

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat May 11, 2013 8:21 am

miaow wrote:I think Sky's hyperbole about Robshaw has completely ignored someone like Ryan Jones, who for me is surely at least as deserving, if not more so, than Robshaw and Brown. Ryan has captained a side to a Grand Slam, been on two lions tours, played in one, and was integral in the 2012 Slam. He's also the kind of guy who other players who don't know him would warm to/he'd work well as a midweek captain. The fact is that the back row competition is so intense, the likes of Wood, Denton and Rennie, who were all seriously touted as potential tourists not long ago, didn't even come into the equation.

Both injured?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat May 11, 2013 8:27 am

I think that's a cracking team......... think Ryan jones was so unlucky to be injured after a fantastic game as captain for Wales in the 6Ns. Kelly Brown as been outstanding all season for Sarries before and after the 6Ns, and for Scotland during the 6Ns. Such a hard call between Brown, Jones and Robshaw.

Lee Byrne has had a bloody good season for Clermont Av and will be first choice FB in the HC final for arguably the best team in Europe
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat May 11, 2013 8:29 am

miaow wrote:I think Sky's hyperbole about Robshaw has completely ignored someone like Ryan Jones, who for me is surely at least as deserving, if not more so, than Robshaw and Brown. Ryan has captained a side to a Grand Slam, been on two lions tours, played in one, and was integral in the 2012 Slam. He's also the kind of guy who other players who don't know him would warm to/he'd work well as a midweek captain. The fact is that the back row competition is so intense, the likes of Wood, Denton and Rennie, who were all seriously touted as potential tourists not long ago, didn't even come into the equation.

One has been gash this season and one has been injured. Rennie fit and on top form is a county mile ahead of any blindside bar none.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Both injured?

I know Rennie was, didn't Denton start on the bench though (deservedly) behind Beattie though? Similarly, Ben Morgan of England. No one quite like him with ball in hand in Britain and Ireland, would have made a fantastic Lion. I called Denton last 6N, said he was decent but not the player people were lauding him as. More effective version of Andy Powell.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat May 11, 2013 8:36 am

miaow wrote:

Both injured?

I know Rennie was, didn't Denton start on the bench though (deservedly) behind Beattie though? Similarly, Ben Morgan of England. No one quite like him with ball in hand in Britain and Ireland, would have made a fantastic Lion. I called Denton last 6N, said he was decent but not the player people were lauding him as. More effective version of Andy Powell.

Both injured at point of Lions selection

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat May 11, 2013 8:37 am

flyhalffactory wrote:

One has been gash this season and one has been injured. Rennie fit and on top form is a county mile ahead of any blindside bar none.

Except he's an openside, but otherwise point probably stands, altho Tipuric is pretty damn good too

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat May 11, 2013 8:44 am

flyhalffactory wrote:

Except he's an openside, but otherwise point probably stands, altho Tipuric is pretty damn good too

ooops openside there was me typing and thinking of other things, I might be a tad biased with Ross but he and Barclay are the only two NH 7s that mullered Pocock in his prime. Agree on Tips although both Warbs and Barclay have outperformed him in the Rabbo12 since the 6Ns
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 8:46 am

Warburton had a stormer against Pocock in 2010 when he was first breaking into the Welsh team, marked him out of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat May 11, 2013 8:52 am

miaow wrote:Warburton had a stormer against Pocock in 2010 when he was first breaking into the Welsh team, marked him out of the game.

Actually he didn't and it was well documented in the press, Pocock scored a try and Warbs was subbed by the 65th min. After that Rennie outplayed him (Pocock) in every facit of the game
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 am

Only one Welshman, I think that's a travesty devil

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat May 11, 2013 9:00 am

miaow you are right about the robshaw hyperbole overshadowing jones which largely results from him having been england skipper. jones on the other hand has been marginalized by wales as a utility forward and i expected him to travel in that capacity as i agree he had a great season, but i think injury and probably croft took his spot....he is an awesome 456 and 8 option and i am surprised gatland didn't take him for that reason but in truth he would likely never have got a test start. He would have been an awesome midweek capt though

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Sat May 11, 2013 9:02 am

The question is for me apart from tipric the other week iv not seen a B&I 7 out play warburton

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat May 11, 2013 9:08 am

welshboii
Warburton outperformed Tips when Blues plays Ospreys. The following week Barclay outperformed Tips...... they were both televised

Have you not watched the Blues play this season when Warbs has played?... he has been average at best
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 9:22 am

flyhalffactory wrote:
miaow wrote:Warburton had a stormer against Pocock in 2010 when he was first breaking into the Welsh team, marked him out of the game.

Actually he didn't and it was well documented in the press, Pocock scored a try and Warbs was subbed by the 65th min. After that Rennie outplayed him (Pocock) in every facit of the game

Definitely disagree, I wouldn't necessarily go by the press to retrospectively judge a player's performance. Pocock decimated us in 2009, they ended up putting 40 odd points on us, and a year later Warburton stepped into Martyn Williams's boots and (excuse the foot theme) went toe to toe with Pocock and neutralised him at the breakdown, if not by winning spectacular turnovers, then by his speed to the breakdown and reading of the game to limit Pocock's impact. Pocock did score a three yard screamer of a try, but that was more due to half the Wales team flooding a ruck under their posts thinking they'd turned it, only to for Genia to pop to ball out for the try. Doesn't tell the whole story of their respective performance at ruck time that day. The whole game is on youtube in 9 parts if you're incredibly bored and have two hours to kill haha.

I think Rennie has potential, he's undeniably a good player, but I'd say Tipuric is something else in that speedy openside mould. Never quite seen a footballer like him, Martyn Williams had the brain of a back with his handling, but Tipuric has it all and more. I know I'm going to contradict myself by drawing on singular acts, but take Tipuric's set up for Cutbert's try against England, the draw, dummy and eventual pass, and I think it was against England two years ago (?) where he broke the line against England and butchered a try by not giving the ball until the last second. Great players, but in terms of European opensides, I'm afraid in Warburton, Tipuric, O'Brien and Dusautoir, you have players better equipped in the facets of speed, skill and strength, often all at once. He's a great player, but perhaps you're overplaying just how good he is? I'd even go so far to say that John Barclay is nearly as good, if in a slightly different openside role.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat May 11, 2013 9:49 am

RDSguru wrote:Only one Welshman, I think that's a travesty devil

Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat May 11, 2013 9:51 am

flyhalffactory wrote:welshboi

Have you not watched the Blues play this season when Warbs has played?... he has been average at best

Boil, FHF is spot on, have you actually seen the Blues' performances this season? 4 Lions from that team, so can't possibly be that he's simply playing for a pish team?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat May 11, 2013 9:51 am

Somebody get Rory Best a plane ticket and a groveling apology! The man is back in form
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat May 11, 2013 9:56 am

Well every pundit and their dog would disagree Pocock dismantled him prior to his try, even turned him over on the 50th min for the two pens that he gave away. Warburton played well but was nowhere near toe-to-toe and I am not saying this to disagree for the sake of it (as I am one of the few who thinks its a good decision for Mr G to have made him captain for the Lions tour).

I am sorry if you think Rennie has only potential as most who saw him perform for Edinburgh and Scotland in 2011-12 knew he was just about to move onto world class totally outplaying Pocock in our win in Australia, and alongside Barclay demolished what was then perhaps then the best 7/8 axis in World rugby of Pocock and Higginbotham. That's something Tips/Faletau or Warbs/Faletau wouldn't be able to do.

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Sat May 11, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat May 11, 2013 10:07 am

Great players, but in terms of European opensides, I'm afraid in Warburton, Tipuric, O'Brien and Dusautoir, you have players better equipped in the facets of speed, skill and strength, often all at once. He's a great player, but perhaps you're overplaying just how good he is? I'd even go so far to say that John Barclay is nearly as good, if in a slightly different openside role.

Barclay outplayed Tips when Glasgow demoralised the Os only a few weeks ago, (that was the week after Warbs outperformed Tips)......... and yes on top form John is close to Rennie but he is not as good. its a shame that Barclay was injured and was not fit until a few weeks before the 6Ns started and Johnson didn't have the balls to select him for the tournament otherwise there might have been more of a predicament in Lions selection in the back row.

Its a shame that Rennie has had so many injuries otherwise it might have been interesting
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat May 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Pretty good team isn't it! Personally I'd go for:

1.Grant
2.Best
3.Murray
4.Hines
5.Ryan
6.Brown - Wood, Jones and O'Mahony are all very good as well
7.Robshaw - Rennie and Barclay also very good players here
8.Morgan - Beattie is also a very dangerous player

9.Care
10.Madigan - would've loved to have seen him there as a wildcard

11.Wade
12.Twelvetrees - Luke Marshall may well have been here if fit though!
13.Scott
14.Zebo
15.Brown

Add a bench of: Ford, Sheridan, Wilson, Launchberry, Jones, Laidlaw, Biggar/Flood, Williams.

When you consider the quality of the blindsides you can name who are unlucky not to go (Brown, Wood, Jones and O'Mahony), plus the two selected in Lydiate and Croft it's almost scary to think that IMO the best option of the lot is injured - Stephen Ferris!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat May 11, 2013 5:22 pm

king_carlos wrote:Pretty good team isn't it! Personally I'd go for:

1.Grant
2.Best
3.Murray
4.Hines
5.Ryan

9.Care

11.Wade
13.Scott
14.Zebo
15.Brown

Add a bench of: Ford, Sheridan, Wilson, Launchberry, Jones, Laidlaw, Biggar/Flood, Williams.

When you consider the quality of the blindsides you can name who are unlucky not to go (Brown, Wood, Jones and O'Mahony), plus the two selected in Lydiate and Croft it's almost scary to think that IMO the best option of the lot is injured - Stephen Ferris!

Great side! I think that back line would play the potential Lions 3/4s off the park with its pace & flair. Would be great to see them against each other I think it would be pretty tasty!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Sat May 11, 2013 7:28 pm

I wasn't saying he's been brilliant because hes been far from it, but the team he plays for don't help him hes in a team where everything is poor and as an individual in that team he's been just ok but iv not seen a 7 dominate him seems he's been in poor form. If he played in a side like sarries or a top team like that then im sure we would all be talking about how good he is just like 2011 world cup and 2012 grand slam where hes in a winning team and confidence is high. Just like Nonu top player but because he's playing for a side with no form you hear nothong of him

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat May 11, 2013 7:43 pm

welshboii15 wrote:I wasn't saying he's been brilliant because hes been far from it, but the team he plays for don't help him hes in a team where everything is poor and as an individual in that team he's been just ok but iv not seen a 7 dominate him seems he's been in poor form. If he played in a side like sarries or a top team like that then im sure we would all be talking about how good he is just like 2011 world cup and 2012 grand slam where hes in a winning team and confidence is high. Just like Nonu top player but because he's playing for a side with no form you hear nothong of him

You could say that about a plethora of good players labouring inside bad teams.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Sat May 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Yea you can its same for faletau and lydiate at dragons, richie grey at sale and so on their top players that in decent teams would be that much better that more confident that theor form will get them noticed for the right reasons

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Sun May 12, 2013 12:38 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
king_carlos wrote:Pretty good team isn't it! Personally I'd go for:

1.Grant
2.Best
3.Murray
4.Hines
5.Ryan

9.Care

11.Wade
13.Scott
14.Zebo
15.Brown

Great side! I think that back line would play the potential Lions 3/4s off the park with its pace & flair. Would be great to see them against each other I think it would be pretty tasty!

A bit unfair though - Sky (and king_carlos) have selected based on good, consistent performance over the season - including the Heineken Cup, and not based on the last round of Internationals from the Six Nations.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 am

Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun May 12, 2013 5:45 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:Well every pundit and their dog would disagree Pocock dismantled him prior to his try, even turned him over on the 50th min for the two pens that he gave away. Warburton played well but was nowhere near toe-to-toe and I am not saying this to disagree for the sake of it (as I am one of the few who thinks its a good decision for Mr G to have made him captain for the Lions tour).

I am sorry if you think Rennie has only potential as most who saw him perform for Edinburgh and Scotland in 2011-12 knew he was just about to move onto world class totally outplaying Pocock in our win in Australia, and alongside Barclay demolished what was then perhaps then the best 7/8 axis in World rugby of Pocock and Higginbotham. That's something Tips/Faletau or Warbs/Faletau wouldn't be able to do.
Agreed. Anyone who blithely thinks that Tips is better than Rennie clearly hasn't seen Rennie play when fit.

Rennie only had one season before he destroyed his knee in 2008 and he's only really starting to get back to the same form now. If you're interested, in that debut season he was voted Magners Players' Player of the Year (2007/08). Whistle
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 12, 2013 5:51 pm

George Carlin wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:Well every pundit and their dog would disagree Pocock dismantled him prior to his try, even turned him over on the 50th min for the two pens that he gave away. Warburton played well but was nowhere near toe-to-toe and I am not saying this to disagree for the sake of it (as I am one of the few who thinks its a good decision for Mr G to have made him captain for the Lions tour).

Agreed. Anyone who blithely thinks that Tips is better than Rennie clearly hasn't seen Rennie play when fit.

Rennie only had one season before he destroyed his knee in 2008 and he's only really starting to get back to the same form now. If you're interested, in that debut season he was voted Magners Players' Player of the Year (2007/08). Whistle

Fair enough but you gents keep mentioning words like potential and just, along with injury and coming back and you probably realise why Rennie hasn't made the cut.

Tipuric and Warburton gave shown world class form in the six nations. Particularly in a crunch championship decider where they completely and utterly blew the opposition off the breakdown.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun May 12, 2013 6:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Fair enough but you gents keep mentioning words like potential and just, along with injury and coming back and you probably realise why Rennie hasn't made the cut.

Tipuric and Warburton gave shown world class form in the six nations. Particularly in a crunch championship decider where they completely and utterly blew the opposition off the breakdown.

He's been injured all season Maes - he's played about 3 games in total - no surprise why he hasn't made the cut. It was never an option and would have been insane for him to be in contention - he's had no real game time at all and he's not even in the Scotland squad for the Quadrangular which means that he's obviously not right even now.

In the absence of Rennie, there is no better NH openside than Tips and he's the first name on my teamsheet at 7.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down