The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Rorton

+4
x12x
GSC
crippledtart
Azwethinkweiz
8 posters

Go down

Andy Rorton Empty Andy Rorton

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 10 May 2013, 7:46 pm

Azwethinkweiz has returned for another rant and this time my target is Randy Orton.

I will start with the wellness policy.

Mr Orton has failed the wellness policy "test" 3 times, i hear this on a good man's word.
The wellness policy has many loopholes but the basics of it are pretty much 3 strikes and you are out.
Randy Orton has 2 documented fails on this policy and his more recent absence is said to have nothing to do with his affection for the more narcotic substances.
Now most of us are well aware that that is more than likely not true and he did indeed inhale something mind bending.
My question to you is, why and how has he managed to get away with it???
I don't believe he is anywhere near as much of a draw as he was when in Evolution. Nor do i believe he has progressed either as a wrestler or a performer.
Much like Soup of Cena he has a limited set of moves and usually gets beaten down only to hit an "RKO out of nowhere"
He is limited on the mic as he has no character definition. I mean is he heel or face?

I have heard and read that he may have escaped the axe because they cannot risk him going to TNA.
Azwethinkweiz says SO WHAT?!

One of my idols when i was nothing more than a little Azwe was a certain Scott Hall/Razor Ramon. I got to an age where i missed his downfall but he was massive at the time and also had a soft spot for life's acceleration pedal. (albeit he liked to go a bit faster than Randal)
He, as far as i am aware was sacked whilst he was still a major draw.

With the likes of Fandango, Ambrosia, Reigns etc. signing for WWWF recently and more promising youngsters to come, does Orton still have that drawing power for the WWWF to give him a fourth chance?
Azwethinkweiz needs to call Orton and ask him for a new Sky remote as my FF button is broken using it on his matches!

Why do you guys think Orton managed to escape around a year ago?
Was it that the WWWF were afraid of him going to TNA?
Or just that he sells a few t-shirts?

Randy Orton mad

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Andy Rorton Empty Re: Andy Rorton

Post by crippledtart Fri 10 May 2013, 11:36 pm

The word 'draw' means that a wrestler's presence on a show is likely to attract more fans and money.

Randy Orton is much more of a draw now than he was as part of Evolution. Even if you think he was better as part of Evolution, it's pretty inarguable that he didn't consistently draw during that time. He was the second or third most important member of a heel faction that generally didn't draw particularly well.

Scott Hall was far more unprofessional than Orton, had a far bigger drug problem, and wasn't a big draw. He was never relied on as the top act in the WWF, or indeed anywhere else outside a dying AWA. He was a secondary champion in the WWF when the company did its worst business ever, with at least four acts featured higher on the card than him at all times.

I'm not saying Orton is doing the best work of his career, in fact an argument could be made that he's doing the worst. Neither do I think there's ever any justification for bending the rules of the wellness policy; though sadly it wouldn't surprise me if WWE did such a thing. But I think you're looking at the situation through a biased lens.

The fact is that Orton is a bigger deal in WWE than Hall ever was, and is also talented enough - when inspired - that he could make a serious dent in the gap between WWE and TNA if he felt that he had a point to prove.

Considering how much of an impact the loss of Hall made all those years ago, I think WWE is right to be concerned that Orton - a bigger star with more main event tenure - could be just as damaging a loss, even if he's currently stuck in midcard purgatory.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 11 May 2013, 12:12 am

Its a shame Orton killed his own buzz. He was super over around the end of Legacy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 11 May 2013, 9:28 pm

With the reaction he gets Orton could easily be up with Cena and Punk but he killed his push because of his wellness issues. It's a shame because with the right push gimmick he could be amazing but it won't happen any time soon.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun 12 May 2013, 11:37 am

xviperx wrote:With the reaction he gets Orton could easily be up with Cena and Punk but he killed his push because of his wellness issues. It's a shame because with the right push gimmick he could be amazing but it won't happen any time soon.

That's why they're fearful of him going to TNA. He's a potential industry changer.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 12 May 2013, 11:44 am

Sounds like WWE are in a rock and a hard place.

Push him and look to be sticking a middle finger up to the wellness policy but hold him back and risk him going to TNA...I don't watch TNA but if he went over I'd probably start to for a while just to see what they did with him.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 12 May 2013, 12:26 pm

xviperx wrote:Sounds like WWE are in a rock and a hard place.

Push him and look to be sticking a middle finger up to the wellness policy but hold him back and risk him going to TNA...I don't watch TNA but if he went over I'd probably start to for a while just to see what they did with him.

He'd be jobbing to hogan within weeks.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 May 2013, 12:31 pm

Orton would probably use TNA as a paid holiday
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 12 May 2013, 2:52 pm

He'd either be a spectacularly lazy harris or he'd find the motivation he's been lacking in WWE due to his desire to shove a middle finger up at them. A motivated Orton vs a reinvigorated AJ Styles could be a massive feud

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 12 May 2013, 2:59 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:He'd either be a spectacularly lazy harris or he'd find the motivation he's been lacking in WWE due to his desire to shove a middle finger up at them. A motivated Orton vs a reinvigorated AJ Styles could be a massive feud

That'd be a promo battle for the ages

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 May 2013, 3:02 pm

Not sure what Orton would have to hold against WWE though. They've repeatedly bent over backwards for him, to lengths others would've been booted for long ago.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Sun 12 May 2013, 3:50 pm

If Orton goes to TNA, how long would it be 'til Anderson got fired?!

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down