The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hardcore holly interview

3 posters

Go down

hardcore holly interview Empty hardcore holly interview

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 10 May 2013, 9:19 pm

in summary apparently about the cappotelli incident where he beat the **** out of him

When going into the now infamous Matt Cappotelli incident, he says that Matt talking about it the way he did (complaining & wanting to quit) Holly says that he was merely testing his toughness. This was normal practice in the business and Holly was treated the same way at various stages of his career. He says that he likes Matt, but was shocked by his reaction to the incident. Holly also mentions that he went to go film the show and go in the ring with Matt the day before his neck surgery.

- In regards to how people reacted to the incident, he doesn't really care what is said about him and figures that at least people are talking about him. He also says that he does like Matt and feels bad for him, but ultimately says that he probably wasn't cut out for wrestling.

- Taking the conversation even further, Holly says that he feels today's modern wrestlers are often pampered and the old guard of tough guys are being phased out. He mentions guys like Bradshaw, Ron Simmons, and Haku/Meng that were very tough, took their shots, and had no problem dishing them out. Other comparisons to today's wrestling, he says that back in his day, he never had trainers and guys often worked hurt. He says it is good that guys are taken care of nowadays, but it also contributes to them being catered to.

is holly right? are wrestlers too pampered nowadays and aren't tough anymore? I feel he is right that they are not as tough anymore but at the same time they have a more grueling schedule now so they cant take massive amounts of abuse every week or they would be injured too often. thoughts? also this is the cappotelli incident
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

hardcore holly interview Empty Re: hardcore holly interview

Post by Looseheaded Sat 11 May 2013, 4:31 am

I, as a middle class British student, cannot say whether or not today's rasslers are too pampered, but i personally side with Holly here, I always liked him and it can't hurt to have a proper tough guy sorting out the weak within the business

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 12 May 2013, 8:46 am

they have a more grueling schedule now so they cant take massive amounts of abuse every week

I wouldn't say that, Wrestlers now days in the bigger companies work about 4 times a week, the bigger stars sometimes less than that, that equates to 200 days a year tops, back then guys worked in excess of 300 days a year, they also took stiffer shots and often took moves like piledrivers

No doubts todays Wrestlers are healthier and in better condition but to say their schedule is harder is wrong

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down