The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Premier League Team of the year GK

+10
Duty281
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Good Golly I'm Olly
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
JamesLincs
SirJohnnyEnglish
The Special Juan
kwinigolfer
MtotheC
14 posters

Go down

Who is your GK of the year?

v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap0%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap4%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap4%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap11%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap11%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap32%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 9 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap0%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_lcap14%v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Empty v2 Premier League Team of the year GK

Post by MtotheC Mon 13 May 2013, 4:41 pm

As the end of the 2012/13 season is upon us its time to name the v2 team of the year, starting with the goalkeeper position.

Who has impressed you this year?

Who has been the most consistent?

Please vote for your number 1 and leave a comment to explain your pick.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year GK

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 13 May 2013, 4:57 pm

Guzan,
Might not have kept Villa in the Prem single-handedly, but certainly helped their goal diference!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year GK Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year GK

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 May 2013, 4:59 pm

Oh that's a tough one. So many keepers to pick from; Begovic, Cech, Mignolet, de Gea, Lloris....

I think Cech has probably been the most impressive goalkeeper this year. Although it was in the FA Cup, that save was miraculous. I've never seen anything like it. Honourable mentions to all the other mentioned keepers, but I think Cech's form this season is reminiscent of his best form.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 May 2013, 5:08 pm

Might be my United bias showing through but opted for De Gea. Think hes come on leaps and bounds this year and has been a rock at the back.

Special mention to Cech who has looked to be finally getting somewhere back near his best pre scrum cap this season.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 13 May 2013, 5:16 pm

ive gone with mingolet. mentions to lloris, de gea and guzan. but van persies goals won united the title, and spurs are where they are because of bale and the same for villa and benteke. however, no one has really stood out up top for sunderland, and they can thank their keeper if they stay up, his bravery and reflexes id say his best attributes from what ive seen from him.

it was hard not to be bias and go for lloris

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 13 May 2013, 5:16 pm

De Gea is the best keeper in the league but hasnt had the best overall season, second half phenomenal but first half was nothing to be proud of. Its not been a sparkler for keepers. Lloris is very good too.

I've gone for Jussi. If a good year for keepers he wouldnt win it, but his stats are mightily impressive and he has been very good at times. Begovic and Mignolet have both ended the season poorly but both have been good too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 13 May 2013, 5:21 pm

sorry, i forgot about jussi. hes still absolute class and has been for over 10 years now

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 13 May 2013, 5:31 pm

Hes made some real odd mistakes and doesnt hold enough shots for me but his reflexes dont seem to be fading away. Id only want him for another year max, and if we could upgrade him id be happy, but I cant argue with the results from him this year really. Its not been vintage goalkeeping across the Premier League though, so hes worthy of a shout anyway. Couldnt argue with Lloris winning it, guys a class touch. Him and De Gea comfortably best keepers in the league

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 13 May 2013, 6:11 pm

Gone for DDG. I picked Lloris a few weeks ago, but I think De Gea matured massively over the business part of the season. He's always been a brilliant shot stopper, but now he has command of his area as well.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 May 2013, 2:37 pm

If Ruddy had have stayed fit all season, he'd have been in with a shout, especially the way he was playing before the injury.

Went for Guzan. Great season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 May 2013, 3:20 pm

I went for Begović

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 14 May 2013, 4:21 pm

De Gea

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 14 May 2013, 6:08 pm

de gea also, bit biased in that i see him week in week out but he's made one mistake early on in the season and hasn't put a foot wrong since. he's earned us points this season with some of his saves

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 14 May 2013, 9:13 pm

De Gea by quite a bit, then Guzan

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 15 May 2013, 9:58 am

Quite a few goalkeepers have had good runs of form at one point or other throughout the season. I think De Gea wins this for me though, he had a lot of critisism at the start of the season and he's young but I think he's proving his critics wrong now.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 15 May 2013, 1:53 pm

Tim krul by a country mile.....

If it hadnt been for him and Coloccini we'd have been dead and burried weeks ago. They both carried us...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down