The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard Men - Not What They Use To Be

4 posters

Go down

Hard Men - Not What They Use To Be Empty Hard Men - Not What They Use To Be

Post by Stella Tue 14 May 2013, 12:44 pm

Anybody else getting bored with the Jason Statham's of this world beating up 10 men.........with ease? Even women are doing it for freaks sake.

Bruce Lee use to beat a few up, but he was a freak. Then there was Arnie, who was a monster, and guys like Stallone, Willis and Gibson who were a bit tasty with their fists but whose's fights were at least a little realistic.

I know we should take these films for what they are but I would like a tenny bit of realism back.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Hard Men - Not What They Use To Be Empty Re: Hard Men - Not What They Use To Be

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 12:52 pm

Stella wrote:Anybody else getting bored with the Jason Statham's of this world beating up 10 men.........with ease? Even women are doing it for freaks sake.

Bruce Lee use to beat a few up, but he was a freak. Then there was Arnie, who was a monster, and guys like Stallone, Willis and Gibson who were a bit tasty with their fists but whose's fights were at least a little realistic.

I know we should take these films for what they are but I would like a tenny bit of realism back.
So we can look forward to sitting through two hours of Dwayne Johnson being sued for damages and having to live in his car instead of chasing bad guys across the globe?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 May 2013, 1:02 pm

Cynthia rothrock was doing it years ago and that chick at the start of Enter the dragon was no slouch either..........

The problem isn't with the hard men these days but with the genre.......

It's been exhausted...........Seagal, Vandamme, Dudikoff, Norris, Arnie, Sly, Willis basically did everything back then and used up every storyline.......

So now they are compensating by making them more extreme..

The action genre has had it's day......and what a day it was.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 10:24 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cynthia rothrock was doing it years ago and that chick at the start of Enter the dragon was no slouch either..........

It's been exhausted...........Seagal, Vandamme, Dudikoff, Norris, Arnie, Sly, Willis basically did everything back then and used up every storyline.......

What woman at the start of Enter the Dragon TRUSS??

Thats my fav film of all time and I know it off by heart but there was no woman at the start. The start of the film saw Bruce Lee and Samo Hung sparring no woman you must have another movie in mind.

Rothrock is a good shout tho

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 10:56 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cynthia rothrock was doing it years ago and that chick at the start of Enter the dragon was no slouch either..........

What woman at the start of Enter the Dragon TRUSS??

Thats my fav film of all time and I know it off by heart but there was no woman at the start. The start of the film saw Bruce Lee and Samo Hung sparring no woman you must have another movie in mind.

Rothrock is a good shout tho

Didn't Bruce Lee have a sister in Enter the Dragon who took her own life with a shard of glass. I seem to remember her being pretty handy - and footy come to think about it! Not sure at which point she appeared in the story though. It's been a while since I've seen the film.

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Wed 15 May 2013, 4:47 pm

It's at the beginning when they are showing the backgrounds of the 3 guys as they make their way to the main ship to go to the island. Bruce's flashback is to listening to a story from his father, kind of like a story within a story. His father tells him what happened to his sister.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum