The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Rules results

+17
Fernando
Mr H
Marky
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mr Video Man
Hero
Samo
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
Dr Gregory House MD
JamesLincs
MIG
Uryu Ishida
x12x
RinoGattuso
imprettyfly
Adam D
21 posters

Go down

Extreme Rules results Empty Extreme Rules results

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 9:39 am

Feel free to post any write ups below but the results were:

Ambrose wins the US title from Kofi
Reigns/ Rollins win the tag titles
Cena retains
Lesnar goes over HHH
Jericho beats Fandango
ADR beats the Swagstar
Orton beats SHow with the punt
Sheamus beats Henry

Was it a good show?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Extreme Rules results Empty Re: Extreme Rules results

Post by imprettyfly Mon 20 May 2013, 9:44 am

Adam D wrote:
Sheamus beats Henry

Was it a good show?

just for this result, probably not.

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 20 May 2013, 10:02 am

Thought it was a really good, a couple of dodgy decisions, but overall good.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 10:27 am

I was watching live/on the chat box and I have to say that everyone on it was pretty unanimous in saying that it was a good PPV...not amazing but good, it was getting a solid 2/3 out of 10 on the Hitman rating system.

overall I'd give it a 6/10...it was better than Mania but not as good as the Raw after Mania, the highlights for me were The Shield (not their best matches but the results show that their push still isn't over) and the end of the Cena/Ryback match in which for the first time ever I marked out to a Cena moment.

The two things that let it down for me was the way Del Rio/Swagger ended, mainly because Swagger/Ziggler has more potential and 99% of the screwy endings don't get over turned so why did this? The second thing that let me down was HHH's ego...when they brought Brock Back, it was as this MMA monster but last night even though he got the win he looked weak as hell...I know he was "injured" but I for the life of me couldn't remember a moment where he really got any good offence in.

Overall, it was pretty good and seeing every member of The Shield with gold really shows that for once creative are getting a megapush right.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 20 May 2013, 10:41 am

heck, Show v RKO was decent but the tag match imo was match of the night.

Coulter did a spiel about the IRS before the swagger match.

I gave it a 6.5 but maybe now a 5.5 since in the post show, Cena never went to hospital...

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 20 May 2013, 10:59 am

What happened with Cena to make you mark out Viper?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 20 May 2013, 11:20 am

MIG wrote:What happened with Cena to make you mark out Viper?

ryback ramming him into and crashing through the wall of lights

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 11:23 am

Yeah, that was it...I guess it's fairer to say that Ryback made me mark out but overall it really caught me off guard and I think it's safe to say not many people could have predicted that happening.

I think the fact that it wasn't the Main Event match also helped make it feel real.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 20 May 2013, 11:53 am

completely forgot it was on, will watch it now if its on wweo.net

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 11:55 am

I have to say a lot of people were saying that it felt rushed and while the tag team match admittedly did...I think it was quite nice to watch a PPV and not feel like it's dragging.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 20 May 2013, 1:47 pm

I thought it was a solid card all in all, nothing classic, nearly all the matches (where booking permitted) either met or exceeded expectations.

Jericho vs Fandango was much better than their mania effort, I like Fandango as a wrestler and think this Jericho feud has been good for him, got to say though Jericho should stop with the lionsault, he botched it again last night

Ambrose vs Kingston, what can you say, good match, delighted at the result, it has to be said (and Chris pointed this out a lot last night, on the chatbox! get your minds out the gutter!) that Ambrose and Kofi have both had better matches, but it was an undercard PPV match, which is unusual for the Sheild who have been used to semi/main event matches on Raw/Smackdown/PPV and at just under 7 minutes they did probably all that could be hoped for, interesting to see Ambrose go over clean and solo as well.

Might be contriversial, but I thought Sheamus vs Henry was an ok match, given the restraints put on them, it's one of the best matches of its kind I can remember, surprised Sheamus went over, which in hindsight makes Henry's win over Ryback ever more inexplicable

I was really get into the I Quit match, solid wrestling, some good weapon spots, drama with Ricardo and the towel, trading submissions and Del Rio's barely concious refusal to quit, it was building very nicely, then WWE went and ruined it with the BS finish, I think every man and his dog (who cared) knew Del Rio would go over, but I wish WWE had just let the match play out as it would as it was a good match, instead they went for a 'shock' and nobody won.

Back to the Sheild, again it was a good match, as good as could be expected I think, all men gave a good account of themselves, but it felt a bit rushed, and looking back at the times this was the second shortest match on the card (US title was shortest) so that could explain things, again clean win for the Sheild was interesting, their finisher looked the dog's danglies as well.

Orton vs Big Show, I genuinly couldn't care less about this match but it was a surprisingly good effort all in all, not really much to say about it, nice to see the punt back, you could say it's a hint at the Orton heel turn but it got one of the biggest face reactions of the night

Cena vs Ryback was both the surprise and match of the night for me, enjoyable hard fought match, couple of points where I thought the match might be over but Ryback kept getting back up, the spot to finish at the end was very good, and Cena sold death very well. One thing that I don't get, why did they bother writing the Cena injury into the story, it didn't effect him in the slightest, and didn't add anything to the match except to be-devil me and give Cena haters yet another thing to beat him over the head with.

Finally the Cage match, I had high hopes for this match going in, thought it could be a sleeper hit, boy was I wrong. The action all in all wasn't bad, and the knee injury was a good angle to give HHH a fighting chance. But there is a massive difference between a fighting chance and total domination, it got to the point where I was rooting for underdogs Lesnar and Heyman as they fought valiently against the powerful HHH, in fairness to Lesnar he sold the knee like a pro, the screams were considered by some OTT but I thought it was real comittment and the little things like hopping in the F-5, shows Lesnar, even if he's not around that often, is willing to really commit to whatever he's asked to do, when on the clock. Lastly silver sledgehammer was just stupid, after the gimmick overload at mania, would it have killed them to have just wrested?

All in all it was a good night of wrestling, flawed in some areas, but while nothing was exceptional, nothing was awful either 2.75/10 on the Bret Hart Scale (6.5/10 in real money)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 May 2013, 2:12 pm

I was impressed with the show and it was better than the expectations i set out.

Jericho vs Fandango was a good opening to the show, the code breaker to end the match was class. The complaint would be, i swear this was an extreme rules match? Not one weapon was used.

Kofi vs Ambrose was a very good match. Both men did class. Ambrose impresses me by the week, really can see him being a future star in this business. Kofi always seems to put on decent matches here and there, i hope WWE can do something with him for once.

Sheamus vs Mark Henry, i thought was crap. Wasn't a fan of Sheamus winning as well and it ruins the whole run they had going with Mark Henry. Very unimpressed with this match but i wonder where both men will go from here.

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger was an ok match. Enjoyed there feud a lot. Obviously it was such a shame there was no Ziggler. Both these 2 still put on a good match. The complaint i have is there was too many stops, where the ref would ask do you wanna quit. Overall good match.

The Tag Team match was my favorite match of the night. The tornado part helped. But i really enjoyed it, it was at a fast pace and even the crowd got into it. Seth Rollins was the stand out in this match. I wonder if that's Bryan and Kane splitting up now?

Orton vs Big Show was good and at least they kept it "extreme" unlike the opening match. Shocked to see Orton punt the big show, i thought that was banned. The promo for Payback, looks like its teasing an Orton heel turn.

Cena vs Ryback, was better than i expected. The ending made me mark out. I thought it was brilliant. It also is superb booking and WWE really couldn't of done a better ending IMO. Keeps both men looking strong and Cena keeps the title.

Finally the main event was fairly standard, which shouldn't be the case if its the main event. It was better than there summer slam match but not as good as there Wrestle Mania match. I really hope this feud is over. Also i wonder what is next for both men?

Overall decent PPV.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 20 May 2013, 2:45 pm

I thought the Lesnar/HHH match actually stole the show, it was going to be hard to put another spin on the match, especially after it was clearly not the original plan to fight at Extreme Rules. I liked the injury angle and thought Lesnar still looked very strong, he manhandled Triple H when he was at full strength and even with what was being presented as quite a serious injury he still looked good, kicking out of the pedigree, hitting the F5. I'm not quite sure what the complaints are about.

The Cena/Ryback match beat expectations, but I'm still really underwhelmed by Ryback. I think he's just not very good. The ending spot was good, but I think it showed the real problem with the policy of the commentators not speaking during big moments. They should have been going crazy at that point, but instead it seemed really undersold.

I thought the other highlights of the show were The Shield in general. I'm not interested at all in Fandango, and Jericho is being dragged even further down with him. Sheamus/Henry was okay, I like both guys but I don't like that kind of match, it was too gimmicky and I don't think either guy got anything out of the match or the feud. Orton/Big Show was okay, the punt was used because there were no DQs, it is only banned in kayfabe terms Nick. Again though I didn't really care. I'm sick of Swagger/Del Rio, it's constantly the same and the ending was ridiculous.

I thought the PPV as a whole was a little flat, none of the matches felt important apart from The Shield's and they were kept fairly short so it felt very underwhelming.

I am most surprised by the lukewarm reaction to Lesnar/HHH which I thought was another very good match but hopefully they are kept apart now. HHH needs to take a step back from actually wrestling and Lesnar needs a new feud.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 3:25 pm

can someone tell me what happened at the end of the Swagstar match?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 20 May 2013, 3:37 pm

Adam D wrote:can someone tell me what happened at the end of the Swagstar match?

Coulter threw in the towel while making it look like it was Ricardo, so it was declared Swagger was the winner. Another referee came down and restarted the match. A few minutes later Swagger quit while in the arm bar.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 3:39 pm

Samo wrote:
Adam D wrote:can someone tell me what happened at the end of the Swagstar match?

Coulter threw in the towel while making it look like it was Ricardo, so it was declared Swagger was the winner. Another referee came down and restarted the match. A few minutes later Swagger quit while in the arm bar.

and then someone on the chat box called him a pusy

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 20 May 2013, 3:41 pm

More important than anything last night was one of the ramifications due to a certain Dean Ambrose winning a Singles title.

Mr H has to change his username.

Now I could be powermonging, lord it over it over him with something mean etc but I know you're all a mean and sadistic bunch too so suggestions for Mr H's new name would be appreciated!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 20 May 2013, 3:46 pm

Hero wrote:More important than anything last night was one of the ramifications due to a certain Dean Ambrose winning a Singles title.

Now I could be powermonging, lord it over it over him with something mean etc but I know you're all a mean and sadistic bunch too so suggestions for Mr H's new name would be appreciated!

johncenafan
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 3:52 pm

One thing that really did interest me was the punt coming back and the advert for Payback that had Orton looking crazy...heel turn or just a way of getting people to tune in with the hint of one?

How long's the name change in place for? I'd go for something simple along the lines of Katie Vick

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 20 May 2013, 3:54 pm

He wanted to be president if he won the bet, right?
I think you SHOULD make him president!

PRESIDENT OF THE CHRIS BENOIT FAN CLUB!

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 3:54 pm

Oh also, can we take a second to appreciate the comedy gold that is Roman Reigns telling Daniel Bryan "YOU TRY AN BREAK MAH ARM, IMMA BREAK YOUR FACE!”

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 3:57 pm

Hero wrote:More important than anything last night was one of the ramifications due to a certain Dean Ambrose winning a Singles title.

lionsbloodeverywhere

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 3:58 pm

Other name suggestions:

TheThirdPrimeTimePlaya
Mr F(ruitypebbles)
Mrs Cena

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 3:59 pm

Brodus Clays dietition

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 20 May 2013, 4:01 pm

Stefan Kuntz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 20 May 2013, 4:13 pm

"Mr H (The H is for Homoerotic)"

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 20 May 2013, 4:16 pm

My mum shagged Jerry the King Lawler and all I got was this lousy crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 4:20 pm

How about changing it to Electric Demon?

I believe itsnot being used at the moment.....

Failing that - angelinaloveissobeautifulIwishshewasmywife

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 20 May 2013, 4:23 pm

Adam D wrote:How about changing it to Electric Demon?

That's a rubbish name.
What does it even mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 20 May 2013, 4:36 pm

Not as rubbish as Hobo.

TNA Fanboy would hurt. Really hurt.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 20 May 2013, 4:46 pm

Antlords Special Friend

TNA Fanboy would be good choice angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 4:47 pm

Antlords Special Friend
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 4:50 pm

HulkHoganFan?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 4:54 pm

how about Francis?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Mon 20 May 2013, 5:00 pm

hodge

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 20 May 2013, 5:01 pm

Mr Hogan's Black Cat? WTF?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 20 May 2013, 5:06 pm

Two things you despise, Hulk Hogan and Sunderland!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 20 May 2013, 5:08 pm

Some of my best friends are black cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 20 May 2013, 8:28 pm

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch wrote:Some of my best friends are black cats

Burn the witch!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 20 May 2013, 10:14 pm

All I want to know is... How the hell did Orton get so over???
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 20 May 2013, 10:17 pm

Randy Orton is pretty over most of the time with casual fans and it was the hometown crowd

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 20 May 2013, 10:29 pm

Charisma, he has a certain charisma which some people will sadly just never learn.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 21 May 2013, 11:49 am

Mr Hogan's Black Cat wrote:Mr Hogan's Black Cat? WTF?

laughing

I thought Extreme Rules was a good PPV overall.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 21 May 2013, 12:11 pm

xviperx wrote:Oh also, can we take a second to appreciate the comedy gold that is Roman Reigns telling Daniel Bryan "YOU TRY AN BREAK MAH ARM, IMMA BREAK YOUR FACE!”

Haha, that was awesome.

I really enjoyed the PPV - ecstatic that Dean Ambrose won....I accidently destroyed my tea whilst applauding.... but I learnt something, don't applaud with a potato wedge in your hand Very Happy It did bother me that he wore a white t-shirt, it stood out too much but then again it did match his wrist tape. Anyway, equally happy that Seth and Roman won; they all deserve it. heart

Brock vs Trips was cracking; I loved Brock's selling something which he match prior to it could have done with. The right outcome.

Ooh and Jericho won, yay Very Happy

All other matches were good. Very Happy

The only annoying thing for me was the usual - Cena. He could not have made it more obvious that Ryback was going to get up each time a 10 count started as he had already moved onto the next bloody part of the match....setting up a table, leaning over a fire extinguisher for ages. Pillock. I did enjoy the barge through the wall, not as good as Show throwing him into the searchlight that time. I agree with whoever said Ryback just isn't very good; he doesn't interest me at all.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down