The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The shell of Rafa Nadal wins 6 out of the first 8 tournaments he enters, if Novak beats him at RG it will become the husk of a shell of Nadal

+17
lags72
Josiah Maiestas
Born Slippy
CaledonianCraig
JubbaIsle
Silver
ChequeredJersey
hawkeye
HM Murdock
lydian
Haddie-nuff
invisiblecoolers
Jeremy_Kyle
break_in_the_fifth
bogbrush
shivfan
socal1976
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The shell of Rafa Nadal wins 6 out of the first 8 tournaments he enters, if Novak beats him at RG it will become the husk of a shell of Nadal - Page 5 Empty The shell of Rafa Nadal wins 6 out of the first 8 tournaments he enters, if Novak beats him at RG it will become the husk of a shell of Nadal

Post by socal1976 Tue 21 May 2013, 8:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Simple Transition era. thumbsup 50% of prime Nadal is enough to mop almost everything today. Sorry

Those who claim that Nadal circa 05-08 is superior to the Nadal of the last couple of years may have a tough time actually marrying the facts to their beliefs. Nadal is on a tear, frankly looks as good as ever or close to it. But I would like to thank the poster who I quoted above for really exposing the hypocrisy of those who all but suggest we are in a weak era today, while at the same time some of the same people argued vociferously with me for months and even years that there are no weak eras, that eras are incomparable and that Nalby, Roddick, Safin, and Hewitt are as tough as any era if there is such a thing. At least now we see what is really behind all this talk about how Nadal is just a shell of himself, it is really a big up on Federer and an attempt to paint the current game and current stars as weak and in crisis. And if they don't like Djokovic or murray it doesn't hurt to take some of the shine off of their accomplishments as well. So ask yourselves when an unprecedented number of journalists and legends are calling the game strong as ever or a golden age how some learned posters come to the exact opposite conclusion. Although they won't use the exact terminology of "weak era" that would be too obvious wouldn't it, they take every opportunity to slag the current stars, the current game, and to try to diminish their accomplishments.

Here is my prediction if Novak beats Nadal, and even if it is an epic of monumental proportions going 9-7 or 8-6 in the fifth Nadal will go from the hottest player on tour the last 3 months to a washed up near has been hobbled and crippled by leg injuries.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

The shell of Rafa Nadal wins 6 out of the first 8 tournaments he enters, if Novak beats him at RG it will become the husk of a shell of Nadal - Page 5 Empty Re: The shell of Rafa Nadal wins 6 out of the first 8 tournaments he enters, if Novak beats him at RG it will become the husk of a shell of Nadal

Post by ryan86 Sun 18 Aug 2013, 8:06 pm

lydian wrote:Questions remain regardless of what happens today. Is he simply too brilliant or has the competition at the top fallen away slightly?
Nadal has been good, very good, but I personally think that a lot of others are having decidedly average seasons. This isn't the Djokovic and the Murray of the past 3-4 years, when the big 4 were losing to each other. They've been losing to people like Wawrinka, Berdych, Haas, Isner etc. what seems quite often these year. I can't remember them getting turfed out by anyone too disastrous, but against these QF/16 type players, they've not been particularly efficicent. Ferrer seems to be fading slightly as well. Federer has gone downhill, Tsonga has had a bit of nothing season bar that SF at Roland Garros and Berdych and del Potro have usually done what was expected of them most of the time.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

The shell of Rafa Nadal wins 6 out of the first 8 tournaments he enters, if Novak beats him at RG it will become the husk of a shell of Nadal - Page 5 Empty Re: The shell of Rafa Nadal wins 6 out of the first 8 tournaments he enters, if Novak beats him at RG it will become the husk of a shell of Nadal

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 18 Aug 2013, 11:27 pm

socal1976 wrote:
And you lying sack of garbage I want proof of your slander and libel that I modified my statement to change it. You are the one who denied your statement and lied that you never made it and got caught red handed. Either prove your slander that I modified anything on this site which by the way shows the number of times you edit something or retract it. What is pathetic is that you are showing yourself not only to be ignorant about tennis but a known liar who will hurl made up accusations at people. Too bad haddie and lags aren't here for you to hide under their skirt. Show me where I modified any statement you lying sack of garbage.
Haddie, Lags, Lyd, BB, Emanci, Kyle, etc,... they don't help me nor I help them, all the names you mentioned have their own view and at times it syncs and at times not, by your statement now its clear most of them disagree with you and have proven you wrong time and again but your stupid adamant nature means you will not accept those arguments nor behave in a civilized manner nor argue meaningfully, the only thin you know is to BARK in the public like some wild streets do, you should rather change your short form to SCAM - Souther California AMerica. censored , it suits you perfect.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 18 Aug 2013, 11:28 pm

Ryan, wouldn't you say this is still Murray's best season though?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:24 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Ryan, wouldn't you say this is still Murray's best season though?
Perhaps I was a little harsh on Murray, because off clay his record was very good and perhaps I'm giving too much weight to these two most recent defeats. But these two North American Masters were a pretty big disappointment. He has won 4 titles which is good going, but the tournaments that he didn't win, he's went out fairly early.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:40 pm

Well here are two proven lies of known liar IC,

1. I quoted your post for the OP, and you denied that you made it and claimed I was lying and that this was not your quote, on another thread I quoted your exact quote to prove that you were lying when you denied this statement

2. You lied and made up the allegation that I am well known for changing my statements after fact. I challenge you to prove your lie you disgustingly dishonest smear merchant, if you can find any editing of any of my posts later after the fact, I will voluntarily leave the site. Funny, that this site posts when you edited a post so this lie of yours is 100 percent verifiable. Any gap of days or week or months later editing shows up right on the site. In fact you claim it is well known that I edit my posts later to fit what I am arguing today, in fact you made up this slander and pulled it out of your cornhole. I demand that you verify your slander, or retract your statement and apologize or I will call you a liar each and every single time you deign to respond to me. And here is the proof of your vile smears and slanders.

Listen I know you are not smart you voluntarily live in an icebox, I know you don't know anything about tennis as verified by your now infamous Michael Chang is a better baseliner than Djokovic post. Now you have added slander and dishonesty to your vile CV on this site. I demand that you back up your allegation that I go back and change my posts at some later date to change the meaning. If you don't I will call you a proven liar, which you are. All your other bogus insults I don't care about. I am questioning your integrity and honesty and any honest person would provide proof that I am incorrect. But we know you lack even a shred of integrity and honesty.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5