The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Callum Smith

+3
Strongback
Seanusarrilius
davidemore
7 posters

Go down

Callum Smith Empty Callum Smith

Post by davidemore Sun 26 May 2013, 2:15 pm

Way better than his brothers.

How far can this kid go? heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Callum Smith Empty Re: Callum Smith

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 26 May 2013, 4:04 pm

Who knows, the guy he fought last night couldn't lace a bums boots

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 26 May 2013, 4:05 pm

hahahahah! missed that one was he that bad?

Callum could get out ten times this year, Cardle and Yafai style.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 4:28 pm

The kid has only had 6 fights and already he's as lippy as his fellow Liverpudlian Tony Bellew. I don't like him already.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 26 May 2013, 4:32 pm

Strongback wrote:The kid has only had 6 fights and already he's as lippy as his fellow Liverpudlian Tony Bellew. I don't like him already.

What did he do? say?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 26 May 2013, 4:48 pm

I like him, but its a bit hard to judge based on who he's fought so far

Was considered the brightest and most talented of the smith brothers according to them and all of them made it at domestic level so you'd expect him to make it that far

A bit early to judge but he looks good and can be moved along a she's making short work of the current opposition. Hearn said he wants to get him a area title which is a good direction to go

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 4:49 pm

He thinks he's a world beater already, same type of guff talk as Bellew.

Another nuisance.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 4:59 pm

Typical rubbish from strongy. Callum hasn't said anything wrong. Asked if he would be ready for area titles at the end of the year and British titles next year he said yes. That is it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 26 May 2013, 5:38 pm

And he will be.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 6:24 pm

azania wrote:Typical rubbish from strongy. Callum hasn't said anything wrong. Asked if he would be ready for area titles at the end of the year and British titles next year he said yes. That is it.

Typical myopia from Az. Smith is a cocky little git. In time he will be a fighter fans want to see taken down a peg.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 26 May 2013, 6:26 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x107nhg#.UaJEXdKWa30

His opponent wasn't up to much but he looked good regardless did Smith.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 6:27 pm

Strongback wrote:
azania wrote:Typical rubbish from strongy. Callum hasn't said anything wrong. Asked if he would be ready for area titles at the end of the year and British titles next year he said yes. That is it.

Typical myopia from Az. Smith is a cocky little git. In time he will be a fighter fans want to see taken down a peg.

Well what did he say that so offended you?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 6:43 pm

He was hyping himself up when he's only a novice. As I said he reminded me of Bellew. When he beats some decent fighters I'll listen. He talked about becoming a world champ FFS.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 6:46 pm

Hyping himself up? I saw the same interview in which Hearn was hyping him up then the commentator asked the same question to him and he repeated Hearn's answers ie he said that by the end of the year he should be ready for area titles but he will take one fight at a time. He came across as boringly humble.

But no novice should hype themselves up. I mean how dare they believe in their own talent in a sport like boxing.

What should he have said? Bear in mind that it was immediately after a fight where he is already hyped up. If he keeps winning fans will like him. If successful they will like him even more.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 26 May 2013, 6:51 pm

Yeah I didn't hear Smith mention world titles but Gallagher said a world champion in 3 years.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 6:53 pm

He was a world ranked amateur. It's natural that he should aim for the top. Some fools want some boxers to aim silently for also ran status.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 7:01 pm

azania wrote:Hyping himself up? I saw the same interview in which Hearn was hyping him up then the commentator asked the same question to him and he repeated Hearn's answers ie he said that by the end of the year he should be ready for area titles but he will take one fight at a time. He came across as boringly humble.

But no novice should hype themselves up. I mean how dare they believe in their own talent in a sport like boxing.

What should he have said? Bear in mind that it was immediately after a fight where he is already hyped up. If he keeps winning fans will like him. If successful they will like him even more.

Funny that because Smith spoke first. Hearn chirped in at the end of the interview and mentioned an area title. Smith agreed with Hearn. Prior to Hearn speaking Smith was giving it Billy Big Banana ala Bellew. I commented on it at the time last night in Emore's thread.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 7:02 pm

So what did he say?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sun 26 May 2013, 7:17 pm

Have to say, I don't recall Smith being cocky at all. Clearly on a high after the fight and said he was ready for 10 rounders. The hyperbole came from his trainer (Hearn was rather understated also aside from one flippant comment about Smith maybe fighting his brothers). Not sure what you thought you were hearing, Strongy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 7:18 pm

azania wrote:So what did he say?

He talked about himself as being world class, you got a problem reading?

He's also getting cocky and mouthy like Bellew.

Read the words I'm not typing them again.

If you have the video post it up otherwise shut your cake hole. I have no intention of getting into an argument with your mental illnesses.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 7:24 pm

superflyweight wrote:Have to say, I don't recall Smith being cocky at all. Clearly on a high after the fight and said he was ready for 10 rounders. The hyperbole came from his trainer (Hearn was rather understated also aside from one flippant comment about Smith maybe fighting his brothers). Not sure what you thought you were hearing, Strongy.

Let's wait for the video to come out shall we?

I commented on the interview on Emore's thread directly after it happened. My hearing is good and I can generally interpret what people are saying. If young Smith isn't kept under wraps he's another clown in the making. Have you noticed the twitching. It's not hard to find another video where he says he is going all the way to a world title. He has a lot of attitude, a few more wins and he'll truly be a motor mouth.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 7:25 pm

Strongback wrote:
azania wrote:So what did he say?

He talked about himself as being world class, you got a problem reading?

He's also getting cocky and mouthy like Bellew.

Read the words I'm not typing them again.

If you have the video post it up otherwise shut your cake hole. I have no intention of getting into an argument with your mental illnesses.

I seriously hope your type never get into the boxing business. You would kill it dead. Any boxer hyping themselves up is a no no for your small minded ilk. Yes he talked about himself being world class, but what did he say that offended you?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sun 26 May 2013, 7:27 pm

Even if so, hardly worth the indignation.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 7:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:Have to say, I don't recall Smith being cocky at all. Clearly on a high after the fight and said he was ready for 10 rounders. The hyperbole came from his trainer (Hearn was rather understated also aside from one flippant comment about Smith maybe fighting his brothers). Not sure what you thought you were hearing, Strongy.

He heard a boxer saying that he is good. Strongback wants all boxers to have read the complete works of Nietzsche before answering any question put to them.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 7:52 pm

superflyweight wrote:Even if so, hardly worth the indignation.

I initially said:

The kid has only had 6 fights and already he's as lippy as his fellow Liverpudlian Tony Bellew. I don't like him already.

The indignation came from Az the retarded.

Last night in Emore's thread I said this:

Not being English and after watching the Callum Smith interview I'm thinking:

What is it with Liverpudlian fighters and being mouthy?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 7:59 pm

Strongback wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Even if so, hardly worth the indignation.

I initially said:

The indignation came from Az the retarded.

Last night in Emore's thread I said this:

Not being English and after watching the Callum Smith interview I'm thinking:

What is it with Liverpudlian fighters and being mouthy?

Any boxer with self belief and voices it will get your indignation.

Tell me something, which boxers do you actually like?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 8:07 pm

Joe Louis. Wink

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 8:10 pm

He's dead

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 8:27 pm

azania wrote:He's dead

You don't say, at least you know one thing about him.

Of the current fighters my picks are:

Wlad
Martinez
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Kessler
Froch
Cotto
Canelo
Gamboa
Donaire
Rigondeaux

I can't listen to Khan but his fights are great. Fury's fights are also definite viewing.

Kessler, Cotto and Froch are the three I really admire and follow as a fan.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 8:37 pm

Floyd has never been a shrinking violet. Froch was mouthing off as soon as he won the GB title. Martinez has said a few choice words himself. With the exception of Floyd, all are sleep inducing sharacter

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 9:29 pm

Smith is working his way towards a shot at an area title, a bit early to be mouthing off. Froch was doing the business and was a shy character in the early days.

Floyd is an idiot but he's a great fighter to watch. I don't watch his interviews but I did catch the one he did with RA The Rugged Man where Floyd got his ass owned for cherry picking.

Cotto and Pacquiao have been the two most exciting PPV fighters for over a decade. To say they are boring shows you know the square root of fook all about boxing. Face it you are an attention seeker with attention deficit problems. I have never once seen you back up one of your contentions with sound knowledge. You're basically a waffler and with 17,000 odd posts you do a lot of waffling.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 26 May 2013, 9:35 pm

I can't see how saying he will be ready for an area title shot by the end of the year is mouthing off. Should he say he won't be ready? Ot say maybe he will be ready? Perhaps?

Floyd is anything but an idiot. You are the idiot for buying into his game and taking seriously the nonsense he spouts. But hey ho.

Cotto and Pac are exciting fighters. Floyd is not. Floyd has a personality and whereas those two let their boxing do the talking and are exciting fighters.

I may be an attention seeker, but you're a class A fool. I can stop seeking attention, but you will remain what you are.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 May 2013, 10:47 pm

azania wrote:I can't see how saying he will be ready for an area title shot by the end of the year is mouthing off. Should he say he won't be ready? Ot say maybe he will be ready? Perhaps?

Floyd is anything but an idiot. You are the idiot for buying into his game and taking seriously the nonsense he spouts. But hey ho.

Cotto and Pac are exciting fighters. Floyd is not. Floyd has a personality and whereas those two let their boxing do the talking and are exciting fighters.

I may be an attention seeker, but you're a class A fool. I can stop seeking attention, but you will remain what you are.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Have you ever seen a Mayweather family gathering.........can you even make out what Uncle Rog is saying. The Mayweathers are idiots, that's why, despite their success, they have all lived in a jail cell as some stage. RA The Rugged Man destroyed Floyd in a debate and RA is no genius. Floyd has a talent for boxing, without that he'd have his mouth wrapped around the end of a crack pipe like his papa did.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 27 May 2013, 12:42 pm

Strongback wrote:
azania wrote:I can't see how saying he will be ready for an area title shot by the end of the year is mouthing off. Should he say he won't be ready? Ot say maybe he will be ready? Perhaps?

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Have you ever seen a Mayweather family gathering.........can you even make out what Uncle Rog is saying. The Mayweathers are idiots, that's why, despite their success, they have all lived in a jail cell as some stage. RA The Rugged Man destroyed Floyd in a debate and RA is no genius. Floyd has a talent for boxing, without that he'd have his mouth wrapped around the end of a crack pipe like his papa did.

bit harsh king

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down