The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward v Froch II

+11
kevchadders
YDKSAB
seanmichaels
TRUSSMAN66
horizontalhero
TheMackemMawler
Seanusarrilius
bhb001
joeyjojo618
manos de piedra
davidemore
15 posters

Go down

Ward v Froch II Empty Ward v Froch II

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 3:27 pm

The reason this fight will get made is simple...Ward knows he can/will win and is simply holding out for big money.

It reminds me of the time Haye beat Mormeck and said he was moving up to HW as he struggled at the weight. Warren then offered him a huge payday for one last fight at CW against Enzo. Haye's team knew all along he could make CW and they suckered Warren into their trap.

Ward will do the same to Froch and Hearn citing various reason why it can't happen. No doubt he'll claim he needs a tune-up fight first or that there are more lucrative fights up at LH and in desperation, Hearn will offer Ward some crazy amount, Ward will "umm" and "ahh" and then finally agree.

For an intelligent, articulate young man, Ward is being horribly transparent here.

Anyway, Ward wins this one with ease and perhaps even looks to make a point by looking to stop Froch. I don't think we've yet seen Ward go through the gears and I pity the guy in the other corner on the night he decides to do it.

Back to top Go down

Ward v Froch II Empty Re: Ward v Froch II

Post by davidemore Tue 28 May 2013, 3:37 pm

Not so sure it be that one sided in the UK.

Still favor Ward but he has been down in the past. And no man is unbeatable. Bika bullied him a bit, and Froch is no Bika.

Sure, we haven't seen Ward look bad in a long time or for more than a fleeting moment, but, this is boxing.

All those who dismiss so easily tend to miss the point.

This is boxing.

Anyone can get boomed out of there.

At any moment.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 28 May 2013, 3:42 pm

Its possible that Hearn wont be overly keen on getting Ward over to potentially spoil Frochs party. He has Froch as a big name on ppv here. The can easily avoid Ward by demanding the fight in the UK and not fronting up enough money to make the trip worth it from Ward. Meanwhile they have a good number of emerging domestic rivals that would do good business. Possible rematches with Bute/Pascal at light heavyweight, Hopkins maybe or even Dawson at some point. He has turned Froch into a big name in the UK now and a second loss to Ward could spell the end of Frochs career effectively. When he has a ppv attraction with other options he might not want to risk that.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 28 May 2013, 3:45 pm

Still, Froch is not going to be around forever and PPV will only be viable if s big name comes along.

Ward.

I'd like to see Froch take a fight in Nottingham next, non PPV, against a ranked contender, not Groves, yet. Then another huge test. He needs to break up the wars and deserves too. Ward after one more world level opponent to keep things ticking over.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 28 May 2013, 3:48 pm

Hearn doesnt seem to mind taking chances so I think we will see Groves v Stieglitz quite soon. In the next 12 months probably, barring no upsets or injuries. If Groves wins that, then Hearn will have two super middleweight champions and I think that would be an obvious one to make.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 28 May 2013, 3:58 pm

Who (out of anyone in and around the weight division ever) beats ward and how? To throw a question out to anyone who wants to answer. Im not saying he is the best ever, I just want to know who people think might take him out.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 28 May 2013, 4:08 pm

Joey, See the 'How do you beat Ward Then?' thread that has been running since Sunday. It is currently half way down the page. I don't know how to paste a link tp another thread, sorry.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 5:03 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Its possible that Hearn wont be overly keen on getting Ward over to potentially spoil Frochs party. He has Froch as a big name on ppv here. The can easily avoid Ward by demanding the fight in the UK and not fronting up enough money to make the trip worth it from Ward. Meanwhile they have a good number of emerging domestic rivals that would do good business. Possible rematches with Bute/Pascal at light heavyweight, Hopkins maybe or even Dawson at some point. He has turned Froch into a big name in the UK now and a second loss to Ward could spell the end of Frochs career effectively. When he has a ppv attraction with other options he might not want to risk that.
Funny how people talk aboout a rematch with Bute when he was so convincingly beaten last time out but will insist Froch shouldn't bother fighting Ward again for exactly the same reasons

Suppose the question is whether Hearn controls Froch or Froch controls Froch. I think Carl genuinely wants the fight and may bring some pressure to bear on Eddie to get him this fight. I can appreciate why Hearn will want to avoid it so it will be interesting to see who wins this particular battle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 28 May 2013, 5:12 pm

Froch controls Froch, but he and Hearn are going to be on same page here. I don't think Froch is desperate to fight Ward again, and like you I think ward is licking his lips at the possibility of a big payday to come to England and beat Froch up again. people forget he beat Froch pretty badly for most of that fight and Froch isn't getting any quicker. That said, Ward hold no cards here. Froch is clearly the most exciting fighter in the division, he has the respect of America and tehir networks now, too. And the final cherry, heis a massive draw in England. Ward has the talent, but that's it and this is boxing. Froch should know that Ward is potetntially his last fight as champion and plan accordingly. Go for Bhop if you like in England (personally don't want to see this), or even Groves next summer in huge British event that Froch would win. If he goes for Ward, then fair play, but get it in a 40,000 sell out at the City ground and get paid big $$$ cause Ward will really want to put it on him after all the talk that's already gone on from our boy.

That said - WAR FROCH!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 28 May 2013, 5:12 pm

I wouldnt personally have a problem with Froch rematching Ward. I dont think he would win, but hes earned another shot if he wants it. I think Hearn and Froch have sat down and discussed 4 more fights, Im sure McCracken will have a say in that aswell. Thats roughly 2 more years which sounds about right. They all might feel Ward can wait for the moment and they can get some big fights in the UK in the meanwhile. If Froch loses to Ward in his next fight I think he would be tempted to call it a day rather than rebuild again and he has so much feel good and momentum that the might want to capitalise on that and let a Ward rematch build rather than rush into it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 28 May 2013, 5:23 pm

Ward definitely lacks credible opposition other than Froch, I know that much. Must be kicking himself for not fighting Bute before Froch mashed him like a pea

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 28 May 2013, 5:39 pm

If Froch loads up like he did against Kessler then he'll not lay a glove on B-Hop.

A fight with Ward could be Frochs last. After losing his belts where does he go from there? Fight contenders? Upwards for Clev? Can't see him doing either.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 28 May 2013, 7:55 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:If Froch loads up like he did against Kessler then he'll not lay a glove on B-Hop.

A fight with Ward could be Frochs last. After losing his belts where does he go from there? Fight contenders? Upwards for Clev? Can't see him doing either.

Makes more sense to fight the likes of Groves, that welsh LHW or even a rubber match with Kessler than fight Ward. They are better fights on paper, will sell well with the British fans. He's deluded thinking he can do better in a rematch with Ward, just like Hatton was with his desire to fight Mayweather again.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 May 2013, 8:00 pm

Doesn't make sense to me.......He beats Groves and Groves is either green or overrated..............

Ward or bust for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 28 May 2013, 8:46 pm

Depends on whether he wants to continue a winning streak and enjoying the adulation.......or get decisively beaten by Ward again and then either retiring or getting less money for fights with Groves et al, if they are still interested in risky fight against a two time loser to the champion.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 May 2013, 8:50 pm

Groves is still there If he loses to Ward..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 28 May 2013, 8:52 pm

Reckon Ward wins but he is a knob and he doesn't have a prayer of stopping Froch. The only possible surprise is that Froch could spark him.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 28 May 2013, 10:01 pm

Froch will DUCK Ward. No way Hearn lets Froch near Ward again while Froch huggers will shell out to watch him ppv. Watch out for Fast Eddie pulling a fast one with some BOOOLLSHEEET saying Froch dont need Ward and trying to dictate terms to Ward. Sorry Eddie but Ward SCHOOLED your boy. Froch aint number 1. You want to be the best then BEAT the best. No excuses.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 28 May 2013, 10:05 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Froch will DUCK Ward. No way Hearn lets Froch near Ward again while Froch huggers will shell out to watch him ppv. Watch out for Fast Eddie pulling a fast one with some BOOOLLSHEEET saying Froch dont need Ward and trying to dictate terms to Ward. Sorry Eddie but Ward SCHOOLED your boy. Froch aint number 1. You want to be the best then BEAT the best. No excuses.

Ward could put a glass eye to sleep. Liked that one.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 28 May 2013, 10:08 pm

Froch gonna need a few of those glass eyes if he faces Ward again. Froch gets insulted if you miss him. Real WARRIORS defend with the FACE. And then get schooled.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 May 2013, 10:14 pm

You sure is a jazz talker Mister... Emo

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 28 May 2013, 10:21 pm

A final third fight is there with Kessler. Maybe this time in America. He could move up but it would be a risk fighting bhop.

I would have a gimme against a mandatory then look to take on ward. After that defeat to ward Groves will still be there and he may have a belt by then.

IMO Froch hast not much more time left at the top so maybe go for 3 more fights before jacking it in.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 May 2013, 10:26 pm

Who the hell will pay big money to see it in America......??????

It was PPv over here to try to pay their wages..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 28 May 2013, 10:28 pm

Fight Kessler AGAIN?? Man I cant BELIEVE you said Kessler. Kessler is FINISHED. He has his glass eyes on RETIREMENT. Froch was his RETIREMENT fight.

Bhop SCHOOLS Froch. Let me tell you why. Bhop aint going to come at Froch in straight lines like Kessler. Bhop will show Froch ANGLES. Froch cant hit ANGLES. Froch cant hit sheeet. Bhop will make Froch MISS. He will DRAW the lead from Froch and COUNTER him. Again and again and again until he bust Froch up. Froch will be swinging like a drunk while Bhop gives him a boxing EDUCATION and retires him. You need SKILLS to beat Bhop. He aint dumb enough to walk straight at Froch.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 28 May 2013, 10:58 pm

They both give value for money when they fight beefster. Maybe American would be interested in it for that and as a pre cursor for the winner to fight ward.

Though i'll admit I think Kessler is done now. He probably have one last gimme at home for his fans then retire.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 29 May 2013, 2:18 am

bhb001 wrote:Joey, See the 'How do you beat Ward Then?' thread that has been running since Sunday. It is currently half way down the page. I don't know how to paste a link tp another thread, sorry.

Thanks bhb, I did not see that.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 29 May 2013, 7:45 am

I had only seen bits and bobs of the Ward/Froch fight so watched it in full on Sunday.

Ward clearly won but to me it wasn't the spanking/schooling most say. Whilst Ward won most of the rounds and won a few big quite a lot were still competitive. I would still fancy Ward in a rematch in England however I think it would be a little closer and I'm sure Hearn knows the hometown advantage may swing the close rounds in Froch's favour and make a close fight.

Right now if I could make Froch's next 4 fights I would make:

1- a top 10 contender I.e. Stevenson (this would build the buzz in Canada)
2- winner of Bute/Pascal in Canada (they love their boxing and certain they would pack a venue out and would be an entertaining scrap)
3- Ward (if both keep winning this would be in high demand and if in UK it would be huge)
4- Groves (Froch may have lost title but Groves may have one. Regardless of whether its a world title fight would surely repeat an 18,000 crowd and make big money)

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Wed 29 May 2013, 7:55 am

don't think Froch wants Ward right now, in one of his post fight interviews when asked about a Ward rematch he give the old line of

"i'll sit down with my team and promoter and see who's next.......................... etc etc".

Considering Froch has spent his whole career calling out the likes of Calzaghe, talking of avenging defeats and wanting to be the top man in the divison i was surprised at this response considering he's spent his career taking on anyone anywhere.

i like Froch, i don't think he fears anyone but maybe he knows that Ward is just that bit special

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 29 May 2013, 8:47 am

You could be right. He said for some time he only has a few fights left and he'll want to bank as much as possible and why not, he deserves it.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 May 2013, 9:36 am

YDKSAB wrote:Fight Kessler AGAIN?? Man I cant BELIEVE you said Kessler. Kessler is FINISHED. He has his glass eyes on RETIREMENT. Froch was his RETIREMENT fight.

Bhop SCHOOLS Froch. Let me tell you why. Bhop aint going to come at Froch in straight lines like Kessler. Bhop will show Froch ANGLES. Froch cant hit ANGLES. Froch cant hit sheeet. Bhop will make Froch MISS. He will DRAW the lead from Froch and COUNTER him. Again and again and again until he bust Froch up. Froch will be swinging like a drunk while Bhop gives him a boxing EDUCATION and retires him. You need SKILLS to beat Bhop. He aint dumb enough to walk straight at Froch.

Middle school's broken up in the US I see...... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 May 2013, 9:41 am

Still think Cleverly is the fight. I'd prefer Froch not to give Ward a payday.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 May 2013, 9:45 am

So you'd prefer for Froch never to be a great fighter.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 May 2013, 10:19 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So you'd prefer for Froch never to be a great fighter.........

No I just don't want to see hard earned UK cash go to some happy clappy church somewhere in the ar5e end of Los Angeles.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 May 2013, 10:20 am

UK cash ?????.............American TV cash you mean??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 May 2013, 10:22 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So you'd prefer for Froch never to be a great fighter.........

A Ward fight wouldn't get him that as he'd lose anyway.

I think 'great' is maybe just beyond our Carl. Though a trip up to LHW for two fights and a strap (Clev's) would be a step in the right direction. Don't think there's anything left for him at SMW other than losing to Ward or winning a rubber against Kessler.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 May 2013, 10:23 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:UK cash ?????.............American TV cash you mean??

Nope UK. Ward can't draw flies, the money will be coming from the UK as much as anywhere. Even the US cash will be to see Carl not SOG!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 May 2013, 10:25 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:UK cash ?????.............American TV cash you mean??

Nope UK. Ward can't draw flies, the money will be coming from the UK as much as anywhere. Even the US cash will be to see Carl not SOG!

Agreed. Doubt it'll be PPV in US. As Froch said, 'Ward couldn't fill a phonebox'.

There's no one for Ward to fight at the moment. Let him stew and wait a year or so for GGG.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 May 2013, 10:26 am

Ward-Froch will take place in America...with HBO broadcasting........

Ward is the second best fighter in Boxing......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 May 2013, 10:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Ward-Froch will take place in America...with HBO broadcasting........

Ward is the second best fighter in Boxing......

He's the second best boxer in boxing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 29 May 2013, 10:42 am

Froch does want ward. He has 3 maybe 4 fights in him. I suspect they'll milk his new big money status with 1 or 2 more big but winnable fights first and then go all out for ward as a swansong.

The gamble of waiting is, ward may have other places to go by then, and froch is not getting younger. There's an argument for striking while the iron is hot, but my guess is ward is 2 fights down the line.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 May 2013, 10:47 am

milkyboy wrote:Froch does want ward. He has 3 maybe 4 fights in him. I suspect they'll milk his new big money status with 1 or 2 more big but winnable fights first and then go all out for ward as a swansong.

The gamble of waiting is, ward may have other places to go by then, and froch is not getting younger. There's an argument for striking while the iron is hot, but my guess is ward is 2 fights down the line.

What are Ward's options? No one of interest, possibly BHop, at LH. No real fight at SMW other than Froch. All he can do is wait until of if GGG moves to SMW. He'll probably end up fighting Bika.

Possibility of De Gale or Groves I suppose....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 29 May 2013, 10:54 am

Ward has limited options now Sean... My point is time moves on, if froch leaves it for a few fights to milk his cashcow, new doors might have opened up for ward by then. He could be challenging tyson fury for vitali's old heavyweight title in 18 months time!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 10:59 am

Ironic that the lower weights are clamouring for a fight with Floyd as he'll earn them the biggest payday of their career yet no-one is remotely interested in fighting Ward (arguably the second best fighter on the planet).

I still believe Ward will go down as one of those guys we never get to see the best of.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 May 2013, 11:14 am

How old is Ward? Another 5 years could be plenty of time for fights to materialise that'll allow him to achieve greatness.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 May 2013, 11:19 am

He reminds me of Dawson. Dawson was rated very highly but never had any competition and was relatively inactive as a result. If he waits 3 or 4 years for a big fight he may have lost it much like Dawson seems to have.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 29 May 2013, 11:48 am

Think he's 29 top hat, certainly could be around for a while and certainly could achieve 'greatness' if the fights materialise. As Sean says, its hard to see where they 're coming from at the moment, but it can change.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down