The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern Conference Finals

+3
Bull
CFCNick
calamity jane
7 posters

Go down

Eastern Conference Finals Empty Eastern Conference Finals

Post by calamity jane Sat May 07, 2011 2:19 pm

So while the Western Conference teams are still slugging it out, the Eastern Conference matchup has already been decided.

The third-seeded Boston Bruins will take on the fifth-seeded Tampa Bay Lightning in what promises to be an exciting series.

The Bruins went all the way to seven games before beating the Habs in round one, and then swept the Flyers in four games to make their first Conference final since 1992.

Tampa Bay also took seven games in round one to beat the Penguins, and then swept the Capitals in round two. It's their first appearance in the Finals since 2004 when they went all the way, and won the Stanley Cup.

Both teams have got oustanding goalkeepers. Vezina candidate, Timmy Thomas for the Bruins, and veteran Dwayne Roloson for the Lightning. And both teams have got great goal scorers too.

So, how do we think this series is going to pan out? As a Bruins fan, I'm not going to bet against my team, so I say Bruins in six.

Last edited by calamity jane on Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake in title. D'oh.)

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Eastern Conference Finals Empty Re: Eastern Conference Finals

Post by CFCNick Sat May 07, 2011 2:31 pm

It depends if Krejci can keep up his form, although the Bruins have a lot of fire power. Tampa looked good against Washington and will be dangerous at home if they get a win in one of the first games at TD Garden.

Bruins in 6 also.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Sat May 07, 2011 2:49 pm

My big concern at the moment is Patrice Bergeron. He has been immense on the face-off, but left the game last night after a hit from Giroux and didn't return. There's been no update yeet as to his status, but the Bruins would certainly miss his presence if he has to be sidelined.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat May 07, 2011 3:29 pm

its a hard one but i think ill say Bruins in 7 games last game to Overtime

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Bruins in game 6 also

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu May 19, 2011 10:29 am

The predictions of a tight series are looking good after the first two games! A lot of goals in the two matches so far, lets hope both teams keep it up for the rest of the series.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Thu May 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Bergeron could be back for tonight's game which is a huge boost for the Bruins. And Claude Julien has said that Tyler Seguin will remain in the line-up, meaning that Shawn Thornton will probably be a healthy scratch.

I have no idea how to call this game. I was convinced this was going to be a low scoring series, but the first two games have blown that prediction right out of the water.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu May 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Well Tampa have just had their first defeat in quite a while. I think it will be important for them to make sure they bounce back - and not let a loss turn into a slump.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Tue May 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Well I hope you neutrals have been enjoying this series, because for those of us with a vested interest in either of the teams it has been a complete rollercoaster of a ride.

The Bruins won last night to take a 3-2 lead in the series, and that was a big win for them, coming off the back of an awful collapse in the previous game where they raced to a 3-0 lead only to lose the game 3-5.

There has been some outstanding play from Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron and Tyler Seguin; and some not so outstanding play from Tomas Kaberle.

LeCavalier and St Louis have been excellent for the Bolts, and their goalie tandem of Roloson and Smith has certainly caused problems for the Bruins.

So it's on to game six in Tampa tomorrow night. A win for the Bruins sends them to the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1990; but a win for the Bolts sends both teams back to the Garden for a 'winner takes all' game 7 (oh god, I really hope it doesn't come to that)

Edit: Apparently Dwayne Roloson is back in goal for the Bolts after Mike Smith was the starter for game five.

Last edited by calamity jane on Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tampa goalie update)

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 pm

I still can't believe that Thomas save on the post. WOW!

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi M-to-M, I was just about to post a clip of that save. Absolutely stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZmEJ3mLPs0

Just gets better every time I see it. Very Happy

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed May 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Presuming the Bruins win tonight how soon will the SCF start?

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 pm

They've not released the schedule yet, but if the Bruins win tonight (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease) then I suppose it could start this weekend.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm going out of town for the weekend, I've got a charity rugby match in Coventry, and won't be back until Monday. So kind of hoping they wait 'til then or the series goes to game 7.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Thu May 26, 2011 3:32 am

Looks like you're in luck.

Boston are currently losing game six (5-3 with eight minutes to go). This means there will be a game seven on Friday.

If this doesn't change, then the Stanley Cup finals will start on Wednesday. If by some miracle, Boston pull off a shock win in the next eight minutes, then the finals will start on Monday.

But I think we can safely say, we're looking at a game 7 and a Wednesday start.

Edit: it's just got very exciting - 5-4 with five minutes to go.

Final score: 5-4 Tampa, so it's back to the Garden on Friday for game 7, and the Stanley Cup finals will begin on Wednesday.

Last edited by calamity jane on Thu May 26, 2011 3:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : score update)

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Thu May 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Having dabbled in and out of ice-hockey for a while this is my first year of following it properly, and chose the Bruins solely on the basis that I'm a Pats fan.

if I'd known it was this exciting I'd have started sooner!

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu May 26, 2011 3:22 pm

calamity jane wrote:Looks like you're in luck.

Boston are currently losing game six (5-3 with eight minutes to go). This means there will be a game seven on Friday.

If this doesn't change, then the Stanley Cup finals will start on Wednesday. If by some miracle, Boston pull off a shock win in the next eight minutes, then the finals will start on Monday.

But I think we can safely say, we're looking at a game 7 and a Wednesday start.

Edit: it's just got very exciting - 5-4 with five minutes to go.

Final score: 5-4 Tampa, so it's back to the Garden on Friday for game 7, and the Stanley Cup finals will begin on Wednesday.

I was watching, although I missed the first two goals because I shut my eyes and opened them and it was 12 minutes in! Haha

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Thu May 26, 2011 11:25 pm

Skyforger wrote:Having dabbled in and out of ice-hockey for a while this is my first year of following it properly, and chose the Bruins solely on the basis that I'm a Pats fan.

if I'd known it was this exciting I'd have started sooner!

Well done on choosing the Bruins, but blimey they're not a team for the faint-hearted. Hope you're going to be watching tomorrow night.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Fri May 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Cant believe Im saying this as a wishful Whalers fan but Lets Go Bruins!!

Finish Tampa off tonight! Would prefer to see the B's, a New England and Original 6 team, than a 'sun-belt' anyday.
Not a fan of the Southern teams. Maybe that should be bitter Whalers fan! Wink

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Sun May 29, 2011 12:59 am

what a fantastic game 7 that was. Both teams played perfect, hard hitting hockey with no penalties.

I was convinced that it was going to go into overtime, but with just under eight minutes to go, Nathan Horton scored what would be the only goal of the game. And for this Bruins fan, those last seven minutes seemed to last for hours Very Happy

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Prairieswan Sun May 29, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm walking on sunshine ...OH YA ....... WOOOHOOO!!! . Enjoy the final " Boston Jane " Yahoo

Prairieswan

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Sun May 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Seabreeze! Good to see you.

The Canucks are going to take some beating, but I'm so happy to see the Bruins competing for the cup.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Prairieswan Sun May 29, 2011 7:34 pm

It will be ok for me if we don't lift the cup Calamity because Orr & the boys is so enshrined in me & others my age group . But for the the 30 something & younger Bruin fans is where my hope lies . Consolation on a loss will be Canucklehead fans have had a wait of there own . P.S. If we get a couple of games ahead , do me a favor & say nothing please or else boxing

Prairieswan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down