The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for the next 12 months...................

+11
Valero's Conscience
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
rapidringsroad
kingraf
azania
ChelskiFanski
Strongback
bloodygloves
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

Predictions for the next 12 months................... Empty Predictions for the next 12 months...................

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 6:42

Here are mine.................

Canelo upsets Floyd who gasses and gets stopped in 11 rounds........

Fury beats Haye..........who doesn't commit like in the Wlad fight..........Haye retires

The Klits both retire undefeated........

Cleverly loses his WBo belt...........

Bellew becomes a world champ............

Barker beats Murray in fight of the year..........

Frampton wins a world title.............

Khan beats Alexander..........

Manny loses to what's his face............

Jmm beats Bradley on points.............

Brook remains undefeated but doesn't get a title shot........

Price beats Thompson and gets promised a title shot as does fury at vacant belts............

I'm still sexy as hell and irresistable to Women...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Predictions for the next 12 months................... Empty Re: Predictions for the next 12 months...................

Post by Steffan Thu 6 Jun - 6:46

Prediction?............Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Predictions for the next 12 months................... Empty Re: Predictions for the next 12 months...................

Post by bloodygloves Thu 6 Jun - 6:47

It's hard to disagree with any of those mr.truss, except Floyd will win, he is the greatest.

bloodygloves

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 6:48

Spoken like a true alias...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 6 Jun - 6:52

It's all possible..........except of course the irresistable to Women part.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Thu 6 Jun - 6:53

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Nah, Floyd may lose on points due to being outworked (though I doubt it), but he won't gas so much he can't avoid being hit

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Fury beats Haye..........who doesn't commit like in the Wlad fight..........Haye retires
Fury isn't a good enough boxer to beat Haye, and never will be. If they fight Haye stops him within the first 6.

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Don't know why you rate this guy so highly. He is good but he isn't good enough, think he wil fight for a title but lose.

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 6:58

Think Haye may be intimidated by Fury's size..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 6 Jun - 7:00

Barker and Murray can never be in a fight of the year. Snoozefest of the year`more like.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 6 Jun - 7:02

If that fool Fury beats Haye it will lead to some serious internal conflict in me.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Thu 6 Jun - 7:03

Going off the way Haye performed against Chisora and the pathetic performance that Fury put on I'd say that Fury would never beat Haye in a month of Sundays,but any thing can happen even the Pretty one coming unstuck.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodygloves Thu 6 Jun - 7:03

Another one is Cotto to retire.......

bloodygloves

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 7:04

Haye seemed to be in awe of Wlad's size to me.......Fury is bigger......

If he can follow the Wlad blueprint he can win...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 7:05

rapidringsroad wrote: Going off the way Haye performed against Chisora and the pathetic performance that Fury put on I'd say that Fury would never beat Haye in a month of Sundays,but any thing can happen even the Pretty one coming unstuck.

Means diddly squat...........Tucker beat Douglas..lost to Tyson...who lost to Douglas..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Thu 6 Jun - 7:09

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haye seemed to be in awe of Wlad's size to me.......Fury is bigger......

You're forgetting that Wlad is technically better than Ali, whereas Fury isn't

Last edited by ChelskiFanski on Thu 6 Jun - 7:09; edited 1 time in total

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 6 Jun - 7:09

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haye seemed to be in awe of Wlad's size to me.......Fury is bigger......

Haye was in awe of Audley's size too, until he landed that lucky punch.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 7:11

6ft 9 Fury...........and he'll punch back..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 6 Jun - 7:33

I agree haye looked in awe of wlad. Not sure he'll be bricking it against fury, but who knows, lets hope we get to find out.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 6 Jun - 7:52

Errr not sure I agree with most Truss.

Here is my view:

Floyd beats Canelo via UD

Haye knocks out Fury within 5 rounds

Cleverly stays champ

Bellew gets no where near world level

Klitschkos wont lose

Murray beats barker all day long

FRampton gets title

Alexander knocks Khan out

Manny hammers Rios in 4

JMM stops Bradley

Brook is Poopie so I dont care

Price knocks out thompson

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 6 Jun - 7:54

Fury is a poor mans Valuev. Haye beat him but the difference is that he will land more as fury has a pants defence. Haye nearly had Valuev down in the 12th and stunned wlad. If any of those punches even look like there moving towards furys chin, then fury is getting sparked.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 6 Jun - 7:55

I see Bradley beating JMM. Age has to catch up with him eventually.

Thompson to take the payday and retire after Price hits him anywhere. v2 wets itself and proclaim Wedgwood the next big thing.

Vitali loses to Haye in December.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 6 Jun - 7:56

mobilemaster8 wrote:Fury is a poor mans Valuev. Haye beat him but the difference is that he will land more as fury has a pants defence. Haye nearly had Valuev down in the 12th and stunned wlad. If any of those punches even look like there moving towards furys chin, then fury is getting sparked.

When?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 6 Jun - 7:58

12th round over hand right had wlad stunned and holding.....all be for ten seconds, it still shook him. Not saying it was a concussive punch and wlad was all over the place, im merely stating that Fury has a chin of straw and if haye even jabs it, then he gets stopped. He has shown heart getting if the deck against Prajkic and Cunningham yes.....but has he been hit by a power punching fast heavy? No.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 6 Jun - 8:04

I don't recall that. But I haven't watched the fight since it happened.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 6 Jun - 8:12

Was nothing major like. Just took the shot and attempted to hold straight away to clear his head. I fear that if fury was hit the same way, or in any way, then its lights out......all out

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 6 Jun - 8:19

Wlad always holds when hit. Even when a jab lands he holds. It's his style. Doesn;t mean he was hurt.

As for Fury, he may be somewhat chinny, but you are talking about a Price like chin there. Price is probably the chinniest active boxer at any weight division. An arm punch puts him in a dancing mood.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 6 Jun - 8:45

True although fury had a khan like chin. One big punch then good night......khan was dropped by a Diaz, Gomez etc (okay punchers but not great knockout artists). Garcia and Prescott sent him all over. I just feel that fury is there to be hit...and hit hard. But this time its by a genuine lethal puncher.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 6 Jun - 17:19

Khans gets KO'd again

Floyd retires

JMM closely beats Bradley but doesn't get the judges votes

Haye stops Fury

If Fury doesn't fight Haye he doesn't fight anyone top 15

Manny v Rios gets Round of the Year

Floyd v Canelo get Fight of the Year

RJJ gets stopped again!

Holyfield fights again and still claims dream of being HW champ!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 6 Jun - 20:35

For the first time in his career, Fury doesn't bottle it when someone calls his bluff. He fights Haye and gets stopped inside the first 4 rounds. Haye struggled with Wlads size but while fury is huge he is a lot slower, doesn't hit as hard, has a poor jab and doesn't take the half step backwards Wlad takes hence why he gets clocked so often by right hands, Hayes money punch

Canelo-Floyd is very very close, and pretty entertaining setting up a bigger rematch

Khan hits the canvas against Alexander (maybe more than once), but survives to get a tight split decision as Schaefer is killing to make Khan-Floyd for some reason

Bellew gets beaten by Dawson

Clev doesn't step up

Pacquiao beats Rios so bad that he's told by doctors to retire

Groves beats a paper champ at 168 then agrees a unification fight with Froch

Broner avoids the lightwelters

Matthysse stops Garcia in a barnstormer

RJJ fights and beats Collins in Britain

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 20:37

Watched Face off with Wlad and Haye the other night and I think Wlad won the fight there...

He was so cool and the way he eyeballed Haye....Haye really looked intimidated....

They ought to bring face off over here for big domestics on SKy...

Improve the ratings..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 6 Jun - 20:43

1. I don't think Haye was in awe of his size, but was taken aback by simply how good he was. Didn't expect him to be so hard to hit.

2. This is Tyson 'self-uppercut ali-truffle-shuffle' Fury we're talking about right? So, right in theory, more chance of winning the lottery twice in one day in practice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 20:50

Fury has improved..........and Haye was intimidated..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 6 Jun - 20:51

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Watched Face off with Wlad and Haye the other night and I think Wlad won the fight there...

He was so cool and the way he eyeballed Haye....Haye really looked intimidated....

They ought to bring face off over here for big domestics on SKy...

Improve the ratings..

Another advantage Haye has over fury. Haye is in his element when the insults fly unlike Wlad who made him out as the enemy and got under hayes skin purely because Haye couldn't get under his skin which threw Haye. Fury is mentally unstable, the guys a fool and gets wound up so easily and loses his cool so easily. He'll come out and throw insults at Haye and Haye will love that. Fury becomes the villain and Haye gets to embarrass him at press events like he did to Chisora and Harrison in the build up. Fury hasnt had the experience of that and he will lose his cool

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Jun - 20:53

Maybe........You could have a point but... 6ft 9 250 pounds..........He neeeds to follow the Wlad blueprint..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 6 Jun - 21:18

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Here are mine.................

The Klits both retire undefeated........

Cleverly loses his WBo belt...........

Barker beats Murray in fight of the year..........

Frampton wins a world title.............

Khan beats Alexander..........

Manny loses to what's his face............

Jmm beats Bradley on points.............

Brook remains undefeated but doesn't get a title shot........

Price beats Thompson and gets promised a title shot as does fury at vacant belts............

I'm still sexy as hell and irresistable to Women...

1. Classic hedging, so transparent. Laugh See Floyd winning a tough but virtuoso performance.
2. Not a hope in hell. Haye connects once, Fury can’t get off the canvas like he did against non-punchers. Size irrelevant as Fury can’t use it like Wlad.
3. Agree.
4. Depends – fights a genuine fighter he loses it, continues to live of Frank’s platter-served dross he keeps it.
5. Nope, he’s found his level now. Unless it’s something like the IBO strap (or worse).
6. Can see the result but not the FOTY
7. In 18 months yes, 12 months might be a stretch.
8. Predicted Khan UD or LKO myself.
9. Can see this happening too…… Sad
10. Agreed.
11. Agreed, sadly.
12. Agreed.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 6 Jun - 22:36

Canelo upsets Floyd who gasses and gets stopped in 11 rounds........ Floyd wins on points

Fury beats Haye..........who doesn't commit like in the Wlad fight..........Haye retires - Haye by KO

The Klits both retire undefeated........ - neither are undefeated, but I agree they wont lose this year as the opp is awful

Cleverly loses his WBo belt........... - would have to fight someone not on a life support machine first
Bellew becomes a world champ............ nope

Barker beats Murray in fight of the year.......... - FOTY - no. Otherwise fair

Frampton wins a world title............. - not now he is with Frank.

Khan beats Alexander.......... that would be sweet

Manny loses to what's his face............ Rios? No

Jmm beats Bradley on points............. JMM beats Bradley by KO

Brook remains undefeated but doesn't get a title shot........ Agree

Price beats Thompson and gets promised a title shot as does fury at vacant belts............ hmmmmm, nah

You're irresistable to me, big boy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 7 Jun - 23:11

I hope you're wrong about Brook not getting another title shot. He looked as though he was up for the fight with Alexander, and I honestly thought he stood a chance.
Sadly, he looks demotivated and I fear he will not be able to get back to where he was (skill, timing, fitness etc). Fitness was always an issue and was being addressed, now he's back to square one.

I hope your'e right with your JMM prediction, he's an inspiration to ageing men who enjoy being competitive in sport.

As for the last prediction. Why just women? broken

I can't see Bellew becoming a Champ, or if he does, I don't see him beating any boxer in the The Rings top 5 rankings, certainly top 3.

Don't see Cleverly losing his belt. Mainly due to his career being managed cleverley (excuse the pun).

I hope Khan beats Alexander. Khan has got bottle, especially when you factor in the fact HE KNOWS how fragile he is, but puts himself forward for competitive fights anyway (last 2 opponents aside, learning a different style with a new trainer)
But mainly, I hope Khan wins to set up a fight with Mayweather, and the big Wembley fight materialises.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down