The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal's Knees

+15
Henman Bill
summerblues
Haddie-nuff
Jeremy_Kyle
User 774433
LuvSports!
bogbrush
kingraf
Josiah Maiestas
ChequeredJersey
socal1976
Jahu
break_in_the_fifth
michael_o
_homogenised_
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nadal's Knees Empty Nadal's Knees

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 16:36

Is this the biggest lie of all time? It seems whenever these phantom knees appear, they go away just as quickly, and Nadal somehow manages 5 set marathons like it is nothing. If there was anything wrong with his knees all this play and ultra defending would surely show it up. The knee claims seem to always come after he loses. Funny that.

What exactly is the proof he suffers with bad knees? Maybe it is just another one of Nadal's tics...

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Nadal's Knees Empty Re: Nadal's Knees

Post by Guest Fri 7 Jun - 16:57

Come on man.. I don't think he's gonna spend 8 months on the sidelines pretending to be injured.

Whatever you may feel about Rafa, he is a great champ and proven his mettle once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 16:58

imho he deliberately skipped the hard court season. There is no way on earth that someone with a real and serious injury to the knees comes back after that length of time and makes the final of every event. It's not possible. The truth is, it's a fat lie.

Last edited by _homogenised_ on Fri 7 Jun - 16:59; edited 1 time in total

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by michael_o Fri 7 Jun - 16:58

For Christs sake, what a moronic comment. You must be a very sore loser.

michael_o

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Fri 7 Jun - 17:01

I kind of see what homogenised is saying and agree a little with the point of view but I'm not going to say anymore after a match like this.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 7 Jun - 17:06

Hi nitb!
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Jun - 18:35

Thats what careful and expensive rehabilitation over 8 months does.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 7 Jun - 19:49

_homogenised_ wrote:imho he deliberately skipped the hard court season. There is no way on earth that someone with a real and serious injury to the knees comes back after that length of time and makes the final of every event. It's not possible. The truth is, it's a fat lie.

It is a convenient excuse for Nadal fans when he loses, and some fed fans have jumped on the bandwagon because it serves their desire to portray today's tennis and competition level as weaker than when fed was rolling over everyone. I don't doubt the man has injuries but the best years he has ever had have come after leg injuries. When he has injuries and can't run down balls anymore than I will concede the point. But so far he has comeback from every injury better than ever.

Funny I was called an idiot for claiming that Nadal was better than 60-80 percent of his peak, I watched the man reach balls today that were simply unimaginable and the frustration got to his opponent. Apparently the tattered husk of a shell of Nadal is pretty damn good.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:00

socal1976 wrote:
_homogenised_ wrote:imho he deliberately skipped the hard court season. There is no way on earth that someone with a real and serious injury to the knees comes back after that length of time and makes the final of every event. It's not possible. The truth is, it's a fat lie.

It is a convenient excuse for Nadal fans when he loses, and some fed fans have jumped on the bandwagon because it serves their desire to portray today's tennis and competition level as weaker than when fed was rolling over everyone. I don't doubt the man has injuries but the best years he has ever had have come after leg injuries. When he has injuries and can't run down balls anymore than I will concede the point. But so far he has comeback from every injury better than ever.

Funny I was called an idiot for claiming that Nadal was better than 60-80 percent of his peak, I watched the man reach balls today that were simply unimaginable and the frustration got to his opponent. Apparently the tattered husk of a shell of Nadal is pretty damn good.

As has been said above, that is what taking the proper time to recover will do, I agree this was Rafa near his top today, only from what I have heard. Maybe not 2008 or 2010 Rafa on clay but near it. Though he hasn't been that good earlier in the Tournament. The real test will be what he is like on another surface, for all the homogenisation of surfaces, Rafa on Clay is still different to Rafa on HC. People claiming that his injuries are all faked though are clutching at straws. I got ITBS in my marathon training, it flared up at the end of the actual race too, still managed a pretty good time. In rugby, Tom Wood missed most of a season due to a foot injury that still puts him in intense pain and requires special treatment throughout the season. He was fantastic this 6 Nations and is captaining England on their summer tour. Many people think he should be representing the Lions.

You can be even better after injury and you can fight through pain left after a major injury without it necessarily visibly affecting your game, especially if you are a fighter and you train sensibly. Rafa is, even if people want to give him nothing else, undeniably a fighter
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 7 Jun - 20:03

I've never seen Nadal struggle to run, except maybe on the grass because he slides too much.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 20:25

falzy21 wrote:Thats what careful and expensive rehabilitation over 8 months does.

he hasn't had any kind of surgery or anything else. And no it doesn't. You don't just come back after that kind of real injury better than ever, and playing the exact same game as you did before.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 7 Jun - 20:29

ChequeredJersey wrote:
socal1976 wrote:

As has been said above, that is what taking the proper time to recover will do, I agree this was Rafa near his top today, only from what I have heard. Maybe not 2008 or 2010 Rafa on clay but near it. Though he hasn't been that good earlier in the Tournament. The real test will be what he is like on another surface, for all the homogenisation of surfaces, Rafa on Clay is still different to Rafa on HC. People claiming that his injuries are all faked though are clutching at straws. I got ITBS in my marathon training, it flared up at the end of the actual race too, still managed a pretty good time. In rugby, Tom Wood missed most of a season due to a foot injury that still puts him in intense pain and requires special treatment throughout the season. He was fantastic this 6 Nations and is captaining England on their summer tour. Many people think he should be representing the Lions.

You can be even better after injury and you can fight through pain left after a major injury without it necessarily visibly affecting your game, especially if you are a fighter and you train sensibly. Rafa is, even if people want to give him nothing else, undeniably a fighter

Can't disagree with any of that. The man is fighter and his will to win got him this victory more than any particular shot. I am just tired of assessments about how Nadal is way off his best when the man comes back and runs roughshod over the tour, just plain tired of it. The next time Novak beats him you can be guaranteed that people will comeback with how this is a shell of the old Nadal or how he is so far off his best. Lets remember he was leading the points race in 2012 before his injury and he is in the same position again today. Where is the massive fall off in his results? I just find it insulting to his competition and the rest of the tour.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 7 Jun - 20:32

So, now we claim guys with a recorded history of knee injuries take seven months off, dont touch a racquet, skip two Slams, is faking it? Ok, we all get through defeats in differering ways. I'll allow ylu guys to "grieve"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:34

_homogenised_ wrote:
falzy21 wrote:Thats what careful and expensive rehabilitation over 8 months does.

he hasn't had any kind of surgery or anything else. And no it doesn't. You don't just come back after that kind of real injury better than ever, and playing the exact same game as you did before. It's a crock of shi.t.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/feb/04/tom-wood-england-six-nations

Foot damage and also, which I did not know, bilateral chronic patellar tendonitis (like Rafa)

http://www.therugbyblog.co.uk/england-38-14-new-zealand-england-player-ratings

Pretty much given 8+ ratings across the board in the 6Ns too

Not the same sport but just wanted to show you that the statement in bold is demonstrably false
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 20:36

Those are team sports for a start off... show me someone in a single player sport that has come back from this kind of "injury" and been in so many straight finals?

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 7 Jun - 20:36

What reason for missing so much time are you suggesting?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 20:39

bogbrush wrote:What reason for missing so much time are you suggesting?

He simply didn't want to compete in the hard court season (we are talking about a guy who moans about hard court and wants them removed from tour) and likes to find excuses for his losses. I am sure that he did have some sort of MINOR injury, but used and abused it to have a nice rest. When he was due to come back for Aussie Open, suddenly there was a phantom virus. I think Nadal is a big bullshitter haha. Or, maybe like his tics on court, he is just a mental case that thinks he has bigger problems than he does.

I do know one thing, there is no way he was as injured as he and his camp made out.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:44

Michael Milton. If you don’t know who Michael Milton is, or what he has accomplished in his life, then you are missing out on one of the great sporting stories of our lifetime.

Born into a skiing family, Milton was tragically diagnosed with bone cancer when he was only nine years old and lost a leg as a result of this. Not willing to let something as minor as a missing leg stop him Milton became determined to ski again.

At the age of only 14 Milton would go on to compete in the 1988 Winter Paralympics in Innsbruck, Austria. Not satisfied with the 12th, 11th and 18th finishes he had in his multiple events, Milton became even more determined to improve and at the next Winter Paralympics he won a gold medal in the Slalom, as well as a silver in the Super G. Along the way becoming the first Australian to ever win a gold at a Winter Olympics or Paralympics.

This was only the start of Milton’s amazing comeback from losing a leg. After the 1992 Winter Paralympics Milton would go on to win a medal in every event he competed in at every Winter Paralympics. Think that’s impressive, in the 2002 Winter Paralympics he won every skiing event…that’s right, every skiing event!

In 2006 Milton also became the world’s fastest speed skier after setting a world record of 213.65 km/hr in France.

Milton’s amazing career hit a roadblock in 2007 when he was diagnosed with cancer once more, this time oesophogal cancer. After having defeated cancer once before, Milton was certain he could overcome this incarnation and sure enough within a year Milton was back, this time qualifying for the Beijing Paralympics as a cyclist. Which begs the question, is there anything that Michael Milton can’t do?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:47

_homogenised_ wrote:

He simply didn't want to compete in the hard court season (we are talking about a guy who moans about hard court and wants them removed from tour) and likes to find excuses for his losses. I am sure that he did have some sort of MINOR injury, but used and abused it to have a nice rest. When he was due to come back for Aussie Open, suddenly there was a phantom virus. I think Nadal is a big bullshitter haha. Or, maybe like his tics on court, he is just a mental case that thinks he has bigger problems than he does.

I do know one thing, there is no way he was as injured as he and his camp made out.

Good point, Rafa hasn't any success on HC. He also didn't excuse his loss to Rosol at all, he specifically stated that Rosol "would have won that match no matter how I played"
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:47

Dara Torres
One would think that winning nine Olympic medals would be enough for a 40-year-old mother. But it wasn't for this All-American swimmer. After winning five medals (two gold and three bronze) in the 2000 Olympics following a seven-year break from competitive swimming, Torres retired for the second time to start a family. Torres' retirement didn't last long before she jumped back into the pool to win gold in the 100 meter freestyle at the U.S. Nationals 15 months after giving birth to her first child. Three days later, she broke her own American record in the 50 meter freestyle twice. The following year, she competed for a spot in her fifth Olympic games and did more than just qualify for the 2008 version in Beijing. The 41-year-old, in fact, raced to win three silver medals, tying the all-time medal record for a female Olympic swimmer with 12.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:48

Greg LeMond
LeMond won his first Tour de France at the tender age of 25, but he won two more after being shot in the back by his brother-in-law during a hunting accident in 1987. While he missed the next two Tours in order to recover, LeMond returned to cycling in 1989, and with 37 shotgun pellets in his body — including two in the lining of his heart — he won the Tour de France by a mere eight seconds over Laurent Fignon. The next year, LeMond returned to the top of the podium, claiming the golden jersey for the 1990 Tour de France without ever winning a stage.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:49

Ben Hogan
Ben Hogan won 63 professional golf tournaments, but he might have won more had it not been for a near-fatal car accident that interrupted his career in 1949. Doctors thought Hogan, who suffered a double-fracture of the pelvis, a fractured collar bone, a left ankle fracture, a chipped rib and near-fatal blood clots in the head-on collision with a Greyhound bus, would never walk again. But in 1953, nearly four years after the crash, Hogan put together the greatest season in professional golf history, winning five of the six tournaments he entered and the first three major championships of the year — an accomplishment that would later be called the "Hogan Slam."
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 7 Jun - 20:49

wait till haddie nuff and hawkeye see this! Laugh

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 20:54

None of those are as bad on the knees as tennis, and they certainly didn't reach so many finals doing so well in a row. It's not comparable... What Nadal has done simply hasn't been done with someone else at any level in tennis with the supposed injuries he had. Comparing it to a few tournaments in golf, and even women's sports, won't wash.

Last edited by _homogenised_ on Fri 7 Jun - 20:56; edited 1 time in total

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:55

You're artificially restricting my options now
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 7 Jun - 20:56

LMAO - I swear this Homogenised guy is a duplicate account, I just cant pin point who he was
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 20:57

ChequeredJersey wrote:You're artificially restricting my options now

The sport of tennis does that, because it is fundamentally different to all other sports. Esp the physical effect on the muscles of the legs and knees. I suppose properly the question should be, show me someone else in tennis who had a real injury that came back and was so successful? It can't be done. Soderling has dropped off the tour with his.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:58

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Sharapova
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 20:59

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serena_Williams#2004.E2.80.932007:_Injuries.2C_depression_and_the_comeback
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 7 Jun - 21:05

None of them did what Nadal has, and the men's game is FAR more physical. Depression is also not a physical ailment. Your come backs are just clutching at straws.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 21:06

Though I don't understand why I'm not allowed to mention things like Kobe's leg injury
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Jun - 21:09

So any example has to be EXACTLY what Rafa has got, down to being male, being as good as Rafa before and after the injury and the sport has to be tennis and the injury has to be knee?

Yes, I am clutching at straws
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri 7 Jun - 21:22

_homogenised_ wrote:

He simply didn't want to compete in the hard court season (we are talking about a guy who moans about hard court and wants them removed from tour) and likes to find excuses for his losses. I am sure that he did have some sort of MINOR injury, but used and abused it to have a nice rest.
Cheers for this man, I was really curious as to why Nadal took so many months off, and this explanation finally makes perfect sense.

Thanks.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Jun - 22:29

What homogenize is basically saying is hes questioning Nadals ability, saying hes not good enough to come back from long injury and regain his form...

Well mate he just has, Nadal was never "frightened" to play on HC when he won the olympic gold and the 2 hc slams did he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 7 Jun - 22:50

OP must be reading serbian forums. Consensus there is that Rafa took time off to cleanse his body from nasty stuff and not injury.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 7 Jun - 23:11

As in doping, or a beer too many (not literally a beer)...Doesnt WADA still test you if youre in an olympic sport injured or no?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 8 Jun - 9:44

The whole knees story looks a bit obscure to me too. Lenghty period out, without any surgical operation nor a credible diagnosis......

I think the OP point really is: was nadal time out related to doping cleans up or to a silent ban imposed by the ITF?

My view on that is, this is a real possibility, there are subtantially no doping controls at the moment, and, as a logical consequence, one would think that most of athletes might be tempted to use peds. The observation of recovery times and physical performance would also support such possibility.

But: do we have or will ever have any evidence available? Answer is no.

Imo is better to think that all players dope and it still is a level field, sort of (Socal copiright).
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 8 Jun - 10:18

LuvSports! wrote:wait till haddie nuff and hawkeye see this! Laugh

Dont worry Ls Ive already wasted enough breath on this no it all Nadal hater... who would be much more at home (if she isn´t already on Tenez´s thread) they all congregate on there to tell each other how much that hate and loath the King of Clay especially when he beats Novak.
Its beneath me to get into dialogue with this "person" who is attempting to start the whole thing up again on here about Nadal. Something I believe the mods have gone to great lengths to erradicate. But I wish the rest of you luck.. with a name like homogenised jeeeez that says it all

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 8 Jun - 11:01

I go to "tenez's" threads HN and I don't hate or loath rafa.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 8 Jun - 11:03

LuvSports! wrote:I go to "tenez's" threads HN and I don't hate or loath rafa.
I know that LS, but I have a feeling that _homogenised_ isn't the biggest fan of Nadal.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 8 Jun - 11:05

I know you do LS but my remark was not about you personally. But I think if you are honest the "President of the Nadal Haters" has more than enough to say on the subject OK

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 8 Jun - 11:09

What do you think of rafa's wimby chances HN?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 8 Jun - 11:17

LS approx 9 months ago I was waiting to hear that Rafa was going to hang up his Babolat.. I and many Rafa fans (in fact Rafa himself) could never have conceived of the idea of him entering RG let alone stand on the threshold of winning it for the 8th time so I would then have said Wimby not a hope in hell... but after yesterday and seen the enormous change in Rafa´s mental approach, the agression the downright indominatble spirit that man has... anything is possible. So yes I think he has more than a fighting chance of winning it.. once he gets to the USO ahhhhhh now thats a different story.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 8 Jun - 11:51

Ah Tenez, one of the major reasons I decided not to be involved in the Tennis forum 18 months ago after about 1 day and only recently came back
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 8 Jun - 11:56

ChequeredJersey wrote:Ah Tenez, one of the major reasons I decided not to be involved in the Tennis forum 18 months ago after about 1 day and only recently came back
It's not Tenez.
Tenez, despite being a poster who makes really weird statements and predictions and really actively dislikes Nadal, has a bit of class.

_homogenised_ has already been temporarily banned for racist comments on another section on this site, and is frankly bordering on slightly pathetic with his actions here.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 8 Jun - 11:57

It actually is more like NITB than Tenez who appears to have become somewhat more ... what should I say.. "moderate"

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 8 Jun - 12:02

We have to be careful here; the forum is quite nice and cuddly right now, and that's great, but there has to be room for dissent and serious disagreement. I do not subscribe to any suggestion that mods should step in to suppress opinion (legal requirements notwithstanding).

The OP doesn't accept the official line on Nadal's reason for layoff. That's fair enough, as is disagreeing with him. I read enough from established forum members (Rafa fans included, suspecting Toni's behaviour) questioning the press announcements from the Nadal camp, so disbelief is not off limits.

I also read some posts from some members crying foul on this thread which accused Djokovic of lying yesterday. Sorry, but you cannot reasonably expect to be permitted to do that and fly into a rage if Nadal's honestly is challenged.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sat 8 Jun - 12:04; edited 2 times in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 8 Jun - 12:03

Fair enough BB thumbsup

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 8 Jun - 12:04

Red wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Ah Tenez, one of the major reasons I decided not to be involved in the Tennis forum 18 months ago after about 1 day and only recently came back
It's not Tenez.
Tenez, despite being a poster who makes really weird statements and predictions and really actively dislikes Nadal, has a bit of class.

_homogenised_ has already been temporarily banned for racist comments on another section on this site, and is frankly bordering on slightly pathetic with his actions here.

I didn't suggest that it was Tenez, the name just reminded me of why I didn't like this forum a year and a half ago
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 8 Jun - 12:05

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Red wrote:
It's not Tenez.

I didn't suggest that it was Tenez, the name just reminded me of why I didn't like this forum a year and a half ago
kl kl my mistake

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next