The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Top 3 domestic fights you want to see in the next year or so ???

+16
Lumbering_Jack
Mr Bounce
horizontalhero
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
hazharrison
Strongback
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
mobilemaster8
88Chris05
seanmichaels
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
20 posters

Go down

Your Top 3 domestic fights you want to see in the next year or so ??? Empty Your Top 3 domestic fights you want to see in the next year or so ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Fights that legitimately could be made.............

1. Tyson Fury     vs  David Haye......................
2. Darren Barker  vs   Billy Joe Saunders..................
3. Lee Purdy       vs  Frankie Gavin

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Your Top 3 domestic fights you want to see in the next year or so ??? Empty Re: Your Top 3 domestic fights you want to see in the next year or so ???

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Barker vs Macklin/Murray

Frampton vs Quigg

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Your Top 3 domestic fights you want to see in the next year or so ??? Empty Re: Your Top 3 domestic fights you want to see in the next year or so ???

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Fury vs Haye

BJS vs Macklin

Brook vs Khan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:28 pm

You think Quigg- frampton is a possibility ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:29 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Fury vs Haye

BJS vs Macklin

Brook vs Khan
Macklin might get battered off Golovkin.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Haye v Fury
Froch v De Gale
Chisora v Price (hoping Chisora sorts him out)

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 pm

So guys like you are to blame for the continued interest in that useless slob...........Chisora!!

Sean you disappoint me.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 pm

BJ Saunders versus Murray
Haye versus Fury
Quigg versus Frampton

Sadly, my prediction is that none of those three will materialise!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Fury vs Haye

BJS vs Macklin

Brook vs Khan

Macklin might get battered off Golovkin.........
That's why I think he'll fight BJS, Billy Joe gets an experianced name and Macklin a chance to show he's still got it

He will bring lots of pressure regardless and Saunders has looked fatigued when under proper pressure

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Barker vs Murray
De Gale vs Groves 2
Fury vs Haye

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Interesting theory Mate......I don't rule him out against Golovkin............

Groves - Degale I can't see though Mobile....Maybe you can explain..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Fury v Haye
Froch v Groves next year
Brook v Khan

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Quigg vs Frampton
Haye vs Fury
Brook vs Khan

In reality I only see the second one being made.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Sorry Truss I have to say Golovkin crushes him. He seems a class act and a tremendous puncher.

Outside the ring (on another issue) he comes across as a humble guy as well.

With regards to the groves vs de gale Truss, with the big divide we currently have on the forum between the two......what with who has been better since the first fight and what not.....it can finally be put to bed. Hopefully in a number 1 contender match/eliminator for a shot at froch. Would have some added spice to it.

Id still pick de gale by ud or stoppage.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Interesting theory Mate......I don't rule him out against Golovkin............
Neither do I, I said on the thread when it was announced that Macklin can cause lots of problems (people forget how he boxed very well agaisnt Sergio amd handily beat Sturm) but at the end of the day the power and chin advantages and how much more damage Macklin has taken so far in his career will result in a KO loss late on

Murray and barker won't need a loss like a BJS as they have may years left whereas Macklin won't be around for too long

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So guys like you are to blame for the continued interest in that useless slob...........Chisora!!

Sean you disappoint me.

I like him. He's a character and comes to fight. No shame in his performances against Vitali and Haye.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Haye v Fury
Frampton v Quigg
Lee v Macklin...........for Irish eyes

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Bellew/Cleverley
Barker/Murray
Burns/Rees

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Rowley wrote:Quigg vs Frampton
Haye vs Fury
Brook vs Khan

In reality I only see the second one being made.

They're my three, too.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Strongy....Lee is average Mate at best.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Strongy....Lee is average Mate at best.....

He'll give Macklin a run for his money.  Would be a big fight in Ireland and might even fill Dublin's O2.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Only If Macklin gets hammered in his next fight and is half dead.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 pm

I think you're underrating Lee and overrating Macklin.  There would be a lot of interest in this fight and both would want to prove a point.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Maybe....I don't care anyway...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Price v Fury
Frampton v Quigg
Murray v Macklin

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Selby vs Burns (providing Selby stops the silly weight draining and moves up to lightweight.

Froch vs Groves

Frampton vs Quigg (you never know, it might be easier to make that a lot are thinking. Hearn seemed to really want it and had a lot to say on the subject. Could be forced to eat his word if Quigg wants it. Frampton is still saying he wants Quigg in the next 12 months and is not only promoted by Warren, he promotes himself now in a co-promotion situation. This was the reason for leaving Hearn).
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Good thread Truss!

Personally, though unoriginal:

Fury-Haye
Frap-Quigg
BJS-Eubank Jr

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Nathan Cleverly vs Nurse Ratched out of One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Fury taking on Audley.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm

.... Three times.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:46 pm

horizontalhero wrote:Fury taking on Audley.

Sadly it probably WILL happen if Audley wins another couple of silly fights #sigh
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Even more sadly, we would probably all watch it. # embarrassedtobea boxingfan

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Haha, true. I dont see why people go mad at Harrison fighting on TV, Its pure gold watching to see whether he can make it past the 2 minute point these days
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:32 pm

I'd want to see:

Haye - Fury, purely for the press conferences & how brutal the KO will be.

DeGale - Groves 2 - let's see if Chunky's learned anything

Jamie McDonnell vs Lee Haskins 2 -  Could Haskins win again? IBF Title at stake now...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Haye vs Fury
Degale to get slapped off Froch
Fury vs Price
Barker vs Murray
Quigg vs Frampton

They are my 3.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:30 am

Maths not your strong point by any chance LJ?

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 am

Too many for me to only name 3!

Barker/Macklin/Murray/Lee - any combination [that is if Macklin's superiority complex wanes at some stage - presumably after Golovkin]

Frampton - Quigg

Price/Fury/Haye

Froch v Murray [appreciate that Murray would have to move up but he has said that he would like to fight Froch & I think he is more qualified to face Froch than Groves or JDG - would be a war too!]

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:18 am

Froch v Murray ??.........No thanks one sided slap.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:20 am

Oh I don't know - Murray seems to have a decent enough chin & has given Martinez & Sturm plenty to think about - can't see it happening mind.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am

Froch is a top fighter...surely you want him to fight the best and not guys who's claim to fame are extending champions at a lower weight??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:27 am

Yeah agreed - just throwing it out there given all the guff being spouted by JDG & Groves, out of all the domestics I feel he has more of a right to challenge Froch, even if he is moving up a weight class but the fight probably wouldn't make enough money anyway.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Quigg/Frampton/Galahad any combination

Degale vs Groves II

Barker vs Murray- sadly I think Macklin could be wiped out by the Golovkin fight.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Haye vs Fury - To hopefully see Haye put on a show and stop the incredibly lame and irritating Fury.
Brook vs Khan - Really want to see Brook step up in class soon, I think he has the right credentials to beat Khan and really make a mark on world level.
Degale vs Groves 2 - Cant stand Degale's know it all attitude. I dont think he has improved very much at all since their first fight and would love to see Groves stop Degale this time which i think he is capable of.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by lowpylord Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Not the most popular of fights but these make for entertaining fights...

Larry Olubamiwo vs Richard Towers

Brian Magee Vs Groves

Stuart Hall Vs Don Broadhurst

Paul Smith Vs Kenny Anderson

Frankie Gavin Vs Vassell (then onto Brook)

Martin Gethin Vs  Anthony Crolla

lowpylord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down