The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springbok Team for Scotland

+2
maestegmafia
Mr Fishpaste
6 posters

Go down

Springbok Team for Scotland Empty Springbok Team for Scotland

Post by Mr Fishpaste Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 am

This is Meyer's team then:

1. The Beast
2. Adriaan Strauss
3. Jannie Du Plessis
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Juandre Kruger
6. Marcell Coetzee
7. Arno Botha
8. Pierre Spies

9. Ruan Pienaar
10. Morne Steyn
11.Bjorn Basson
12. Jean De Villiers
13. JJ Engelbrecht
14. Bryan Habana
15. Willie Le Roux

Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Flip van der Merwe, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Piet van Zyl, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein

I'm pretty happy with this team. The biggest problem for me is that Jannie and The Beast are looking quite tired and about 30% below their best, but Oosthuizen and Nyakane on the bench is nice back up to have available....and wow, what a difference it makes to have a backline that actually attacks with some flair...

Also good to see Bismarck back on the mix...and good to see some up-and-coming talent in the form of Van Zyl and Kolisi on the bench...

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Springbok Team for Scotland Empty Re: Springbok Team for Scotland

Post by maestegmafia Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:35 am

Pretty fast backline with Bjorn Basson, Jean De Villiers, JJ Engelbrecht and Bryan Habana. They were superb last week.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 am

Mr Fishpaste wrote:The biggest problem for me is that Jannie and The Beast are looking quite tired and about 30% below their best

Seriously wouldn't worry one iota about the front row. We're going through a hooker & prop crisis.
Our potential back up hooker has played fewer minutes for Glasgow (44) than Du Plesis has international caps (46)!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

And Le Roux, maesteg. Haven't got to actually watch him much but I hear he is pretty magic
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 am

Hugely dangerous looking Boks team, with incredible experience in Bismarck on the bench allied to lots of fresh talent. If they click then i could see us shipping a worse score than our worst ever result (10 - 68?) back in 97.

I cannot see anything other than a heavy defeat unless we have a massive turn around in attitude, application and are able to produce an immense defensive effort. With the squad decimated with injuries i just cant see how we can turn things around from last week.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:And Le Roux, maesteg. Haven't got to actually watch him much but I hear he is pretty magic

CJ 

Le roux us a superb talent. I am sure there are a few good vids on YouTube of him. He is a very popular young lad. Great footballer, not very quick but wonderful at playing the guys around him into the game.

If the Bok can settle this backline for a while them they will have something to be very proud if...!

That said, C'mon the scots...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by MMaaxx Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:54 am

Excited to see Bismarck's return.

He is key for the Boks even with Strauss in the best form of his life and probably currently the best hooker world wide.

When the Boks can field Bismarck, Albert, Vermeulan, Louw, Etsebeth and Coenie in the same team it'll be interesting. So much power, most are all ball stealers and carriers. Rolling maul is workings well now but will be tougher to stop then.

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down