The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship Next Season

Go down

Championship Next Season Empty Championship Next Season

Post by Doc Mon 09 May 2011, 10:39 am

I have a feeling that the Championship will be a much harder place to be next season, and harder than this term. The teams coming down from the Premiership are different from the norm, as we usually see clubs needing to sell players to balance the books as we've seen in the past with Derby, Hull, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc.

For the first time ever any of the teams who come down will all have Premiership players who are not millionaires and are tied into contracts that are manageable, and the clubs are all on a sound financial footing and well run by astute businessmen. On top of already having premiership squad, they'll have massive parachute payments that give them much more money than any other team in the league. This is massivley unfair and the bookies have already got the 3 relegated sides as favourites to go straight back up, so competition in the champ's is dead allready. On top of ths we'll see Southampton making a challenge alongside Leicester, Hull and the clubs from this seasons play offs. leeds will need to invest on better players to stand a chance of making it to the play offs next season.

I'm afraid that it now makes no difference how big you think your own club is, and your perception that you deserve to be in the premier league, as teams like Wigan, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, Blackburn, Blackpool et al, all have more financial clout, even if you have a gate of 40,000 each week. Money talks, and I';m afraid nobody can compete with these unfair parachute payments - competition has gone.

Doc

Back to top Go down