The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulie Baby: Please Win This Saturday

+13
ShahenshahG
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
bloodygloves
BoxingFan88
Strongback
JabMachineMK2
BlakkMamba
Boxtthis
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Maddy2k12
DaveVDK
davidemore
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paulie Baby: Please Win This Saturday Empty Paulie Baby: Please Win This Saturday

Post by davidemore Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:36 am

But will he?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Paulie Baby: Please Win This Saturday Empty Re: Paulie Baby: Please Win This Saturday

Post by DaveVDK Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 am

Broner via long and sustained beating, Paulie just doesn't have the power to keep him away.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Paulie Baby: Please Win This Saturday Empty Re: Paulie Baby: Please Win This Saturday

Post by Maddy2k12 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 am

I think Paulie has found a little bit of power at 147, not world beating, but he has stopped almost as many opponents at this weight, than at his time at light welterweight. I expect Broner to be very over confident and to under-estimate Paulie's slickness and skill. Could be a very close fight.

Last edited by Maddy2k12 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:47 am

Cano isn't very good and had no trouble walking him down and was a little unlucky not to get the nod, Broner is a lot better and hits harder so I can't see Paulie surviving

He's always been pretty tough though so I don't think it will be quick, morn of a sustained beating over 8-10 rounds

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:50 am

Broner by mid to late round stoppage.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:56 am

Paulie stopped on his feet/towel thrown in. Think he has enough slickness to avoid getting stopped early but it will be delaying the inevitable. Undoubtedly he'll complain etc but it is going to be a pretty one sided affair and, given it's Broner, not one I'm inclined to stay up for.

Have to say that I'd like Paulie to give Broner a slap but then I'd like anyone to give Broner a slap.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 am

Paulie is tough as nails, but relies on speed for his wins, and I think broner will take that away from him.  Broner by comfortable UD, I'd be impressed if Broner got the stoppage.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am

Please merge this into the V2 Boxing question of the day - its the EXACT same topic.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 am

In fairness, I don't think it's too much to ask of Broner to get the stoppage. Hatton caught Paulie in about the 2nd round and took all the fight out of him before getting a late stoppage and didn't Khan force the ref to step in as well?

If it goes to points you'd have to ask a few questions about Broner (unless Paulie is doing a very good impression of Mo Farah all night)

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 am

You know what they say about Paulie......Floats like a butterfly stings like a butterfly.

Can only see a one sided before stoppage win for Broner.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Strongback wrote:You know what they say about Paulie......Floats like a butterfly stings like a butterfly.

Can only see a one sided before stoppage win for Broner.

hahaha

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodygloves Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Broner in 4, put your house on i

bloodygloves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Broner's good, he ain't THAT good and, despite our opinion of him, Paulie surely ain't so bad that he gets stopped in four.

If he does then I would have to give Broner credit that I'm loathe to quite simply because he's a terr-watt. I'd rather suggest that it was a premature stoppage, a fix, Paulie got old overnight or he was drugged by a dark and nefarious group intent on having a World Champion so obnoxious he could be used to irritate the Taliban into surrendering

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Can't understand why anybody would want Paulie to win on Saturday......Boxing is suffering from a lack of stars at the minute so I think Broner is good to have around....also..

Paulie stinks to heaven.........

Want broner to win...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 pm

TRUSSNUTS wrote wrote:Can't understand why anybody would want Paulie to win on Saturday

Because Broner, whilst undoubtedly talented, is an insufferable jerk who deserves a smack. He makes Hamed look like Alex Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Like I said Boxing needs characters at the moment......................

Should Mayweather defeat Canelo....I think people would prefer...Broner v Floyd rather than Paulie-Floyd down the road.......

Broner v Manny
Broner v Matthyse
Broner v Floyd..............are all potential fights..........I'd love to watch,

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Let's not forget that Broner is relatively untested above super featherweight, he's only fought Demarco and Rees.  Rees, to be frank, isn't even European level, and DeMarco whilst a good fighter is no better than Paulie - broner beat him in 8 rounds and it isn't clear if he will carry his power up.  Whilst Paulie has been stopped twice in the later rounds by fighters that did carry power, any call of a stoppage before 11 is ambitious, if at all.  Malignaggi has a solid chin - I remember (few years back now) when Miguel Cotto broke his eye socket and he fought through it.  If he loses this belt it's possibly retirement, so don't expect him to give it up easily!

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Problem is If Rees couldn't get Broner's respect and he punches harder than Paulie........How is Paulie going to get it....

Paulie was outclassed by Amir Khan and his reflexes are probably slower than Broner's now too....

I'd never pick a peak-stinker Paulie to beat Broner so how a passed it version does it god only knows.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:06 pm

I think Malignaggi will be a different sort of test - he boxes at funny angles and whilst if Broner will (or should) work this out, he will be different to Gavin Rees, who whilst a slightly bigger puncher was a plodder.  I'd be disappointed if he didn't ask a few questions at least.

I'd be stunned if Paulie won unless the extra weight really hasn't agreed with Broner.  But I think he should be tough enough to take it into the later rounds or get through the fight.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:09 pm

OYSTERBOY TRUSS wrote:Like I said Boxing needs characters at the moment......................

There's a fine line between being a character and being a git, you should know yourself that it's very easy to cross that line. Broner sadly not only crosses that line, he travels into a different time zone. I think his arrogance puts more people off than it's likely to engage. Still, he's young and let's hope he's not too self absorbed to learn the difference between the two.

BlakkMamba
Broner hits hard and has incredibly fast hands so depending on Paulie's reaction to being hit (don't care who you are, it isn't fun) and perhaps more importantly, who the referee is, there's always a possibility that this one gets halted sooner rather than later. No doubt Paulie's a tough nut, but sometimes when a fighter appears to be being overwhelmed with punches and a lot of them are hitting the target, refs can over-react

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Broner can walk through Paulie and walk him down 

He was strong at 130 and 135, he was huge at both weights, and walks around about 150 ish so I doubt the power won't carry up

He hits at least as hard as Cano who has Paulie in real trouble in the last few rounds

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm

OYSTERBOY TRUSS.............Has a certain ring to it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:40 pm

OYSTERBOY TRUSS.............Has a certain ring to it...

Usually battered and bleeding by all accounts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Not as much as Paulie is going to be..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:57 pm

True

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:23 pm

The only way I see Paulie winning is by moving constantly in order to get Broner out of his rhythm and by throwing a killer stiff jab.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:25 pm

davidemore wrote:The only way I see Paulie winning is by moving constantly in order to get Broner out of his rhythm and by throwing a killer stiff jab.

In other words doing something he's never done before..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Be careful Truss, say anything anywhere near insightful and Davide will make a topic of his own about it.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Paulie is a world class operator, especially when you consider he has NO power. With power, he'd beast so many more fighters. 

Jab, don't jab me.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 pm

He isn't world class................If he is then so is Darren Vanhorn

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Truss, grow up, I'll ghosty you. 

Broner starts as favorite but man I'd love him to lose.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 pm

davidemore wrote:Truss, grow up, I'll ghosty you. 

Broner starts as favorite but man I'd love him to lose.

Where have you been Mate ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 pm

He's certainly not world class. he squeezed past Cano, and his best win came against Senchenko, the guy who retired Ricky Hatton who was so shopworn it was embarrassing.

You don't half spout some nonsense.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Opinion, back up Jabmachine, don't make me angry....................mad

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Or what? Opinions can be wrong. You're calling Maglinaggi world class - which he is not. He hasn't faced and beaten "world class" opposition, unless your opinion of world class opposition is drastically different than the general consensus which shows a disgusting arrogance that frankly, I wouldn't be surprised with.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:42 pm

You do have the option of ignoring each other you know.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Rowley wrote:You do have the option of ignoring each other you know.

Thats a big no no in a marriage Jeff as you well know.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:58 pm

True Shah but me and TSMR get on with each other. You comparison somewhat falls down in this respect when applied to Davide and JM

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Or what? Opinions can be wrong. You're calling Maglinaggi world class - which he is not. He hasn't faced and beaten "world class" opposition, unless your opinion of world class opposition is drastically different than the general consensus which shows a disgusting arrogance that frankly, I wouldn't be surprised with.

I don't understand this new format on here. 

emore's response:

You tried to say that can Geale beat was 'world class' on another thread. How can i even trust you on here. You sir Jabmachine, are liable to say anything. 

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Rowley wrote:True Shah but me and TSMR get on with each other. You comparison somewhat falls down in this respect when applied to Davide and JM

True but their affection for each other comes through the screen. its the power of LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Davide wants to stay active in the sport of boxing forum's. Davide is ready to out talk anyone and remain at the top of the forum's. Davide is always ready.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Paulie is a character I would much rather have in boxing prefered to Broner. Why would anybody want to listen to a Mayweather impersonator when Paulie is very well spoken, answers questions sensibly and is good value when it comes to trash talking. Broner is a fat headed idiot who claims to be the next best thing but yet rivals Nathan Cleverly in the weak opponents club.

Paulie may not have power and has slowed in recent times, but his last couple of fights (he took Cano for granted) have been as decent to watch as the Hagler v Hearns type fights that Broner has been in, Rees, DeMarco etc Rolling Eyes

Paulie's trash talking easily out does Broner as he can at least string a sentence together in his own personal way rather than Broner's fake "Floyd" stutter and talks like there is something wrong with him. Its cringeworthy and false. Not a good character for the sport. What boxing needs is people who are real, not cheap wannabes like Broner.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Paulie's a character

Spoiler:

Malignaggi said “He uses brushes; I use combs. I don’t get started without combing my hair. That was pretty good, Adrien, I gave you credit but I got to come at you hard. Here is the difference between me and Adrien. We both got money but I am good looking. There are girls that are closer to you and then there is something that we call ‘weekend p.ussy. And that is Jessica. Jessica can do whatever she wants. Adrien thought he was getting closer but the only weekend p.ussy he gets is the one he pays for. Your name is feminized to begin with. Your mom named you Adrien because she thought you were a b****.”

Broner then cut in saying “Paulie is more of a girl’s name.”

Malignaggi: “Now you are fighting a real fighter. You know what happens when you fight a real fighter? They punch you back and now you are coming to a real weight class. Hopefully after I beat his ass, he will get his own personality and character. There’s nothing marketable about Adrien Broner. He’s not talented. I don’t know what he says half the time.”

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Broner is fighting a real fighter apparently..........

Not a stinker..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:22 pm

i like malignaggi, he's a g but he's going to get stopped mid to late rounds...

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:27 pm

I think you are Paulie......You talk too much and stink the place out...Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Side note: anyone seen Reeborn's twitter page? 

Revealing. heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think you are Paulie......You talk too much and stink the place out...Cool

I've got to thinking and I imagine in real life you look a lot like Lenny from Of Mice & Men, hulking, half decent at mowing the lawn but entirely stupid

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm

You really shouldn't think

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 pm

it doesn't take much thinking to out-think you Lenny

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next