The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren is having pressers to announce...

+11
milkyboy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
bellchees
davidemore
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
JabMachineMK2
BlakkMamba
bhb001
Seanusarrilius
15 posters

Go down

Frank Warren is having pressers to announce... Empty Frank Warren is having pressers to announce...

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:01 pm

Nothing, nothing at all.

Already Frank is making excuses for why Nathan might not fight someone with a pulse. Emails at the ready Frank. Utterly pathetic at the moment. He better do something quick, because every time he talks up a big fight at the moment nothing happens

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren is having pressers to announce... Empty Re: Frank Warren is having pressers to announce...

Post by bhb001 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:50 pm

This even made it on to the BBC website. He is still saying that everyone is ducking his boy and that he has had "some great wins". It is the principle of repeat a lie enough and people will believe you.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren is having pressers to announce... Empty Re: Frank Warren is having pressers to announce...

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

Don't get me started - it almost prompted me to write him another open letter deriding the way he manages his fighters.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:54 pm

Another?

Please do englighten me! You seem like a popular ex-606'er and articulate, I imagine it'd be a good read.

That comes across as really bum-licky (Truss' favorite saying) but I don't see any other way of asking nicely.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:02 pm

More than a pleasure to, and thanks for the kind words!

A few years ago (probably 2007 or 2008 maybe?) I drafted an open letter to Warren that I plastered on all the forums and emailed to frankwarren.tv after he wrote an appalling article on David Haye ducking Enzo Maccrinelli. 

It clearly had no effect as 5 years on he is pedalling the same garbage but it's just a different set of fighters!!

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

Dwindling set of fighters..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:09 pm

I won't be happy until he's out of business... Yahoo

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:13 pm

The really tragic thing with Nathan is I personally do not believe he is devoid of talent. Has a decent engine and looks to have a good set of whiskers but seriously the idea he cannot secure anyone even half way qualified to share a ring with him is laughable. After the abuse Nathan has received from all quarters over his level of opposition you would almost have to think admire the sheer chutzpah of Warren was he to announce Enzo Mac this time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:18 pm

Rumours are that even Enzo is aghast at the prospect of getting a World title shot. Perhaps the only thing worse, would be Enzo winning. If that happens, someone should ring Clinton Woods and ask him if he still fancies his chances.

Frank, have you got Antonio Tarver's number?

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:19 pm

I honestly have nothing against Clevs talent either Rowley, I think he's talented enough to really do well in the division if he faced the people to call himself a champion.

Thing is he's riding the wave of crap spouted by Warren and believing it. How good was Sven Ottke? Would have have had a chance against Calzaghe? Doubtful, but if he faced him, we'd have a lot more repsect than we do currently. Same as Clev, if he retires having fought dross his entire career, honestly, we'll never have the respect he would get if he fought the best and fell short.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:22 pm

I'm sure John Conteh would blow the dust off his gloves and have a pop.  I'm half expecting a call from Frank myself to give me two months to drop a couple of stone, chalk up a points win over a journeyman and get myself to cardiff.

Even Allan Green would be a better opponent.  I know he's been stopped but only by good fighters, and he talks a good fight.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:24 pm

Warren's a joke but Clev is the guy who sounds happy at the level of opposition given to him

He's had plenty of fights with Frank now and lots of years but he's still there and that's most likely his fault

Why Frampton has joined up with Warren is puzzling but even with him Warren is in a deep rut and barring getting the deal to show Mayweather-Canelo, he doesn't look like he has anything to get him out of trouble

Won't be surprised if its Enzo which is sad

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:28 pm

Think the plan JM is to follow the Calzaghe template to be honest. We all tend to get a bit dewy eyed over Joe now, and to a degree it is deserved, he was a fine fighter and proved himself top dog at his weight eventually. However for a large part of his career, pretty much pre Lacy he fought a good share of dross and gained his respect by his actions late in his career and through sheer numbers. There are obviously the odd fighter on Joe’s pre Lacy resume which are better than Clev’s thus far such as Woodhall, Brewer and Mitchell but this has to be mitigated against the fact he had a damned sight more defences. The likes of Pudwill, Thornberry and Starie were no better than the guys we are deriding Cleverly for.

Also worth remembering Warren was not shy in telling anyone and everyone that Joe was being ducked by Ottke, Jones, Hopkins and anyone else with a pulse in and around the weight for many a year.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:30 pm

Warren's a joke but Clev is the guy who sounds happy at the level of opposition given to him

Has anyone checked if he's related to Joe Calzaghe*? Would have thought Joe would be on the phone like a shot telling him to ditch Frank and give Eddie Hearn a call.

Suppose it depends what Nathan truly wants from his career. To be a fighter or simply hold a belt for as long as he can.

*Rowley beat me to it

Last edited by DAVE667 on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:31 pm

Rowley wrote:Think the plan JM is to follow the Calzaghe template to be honest. We all tend to get a bit dewy eyed over Joe now, and to a degree it is deserved, he was a fine fighter and proved himself top dog at his weight eventually. However for a large part of his career, pretty much pre Lacy he fought a good share of dross and gained his respect by his actions late in his career and through sheer numbers. There are obviously the odd fighter on Joe’s pre Lacy resume which are better than Clev’s thus far such as Woodhall, Brewer and Mitchell but this has to be mitigated against the fact he had a damned sight more defences. The likes of Pudwill, Thornberry and Starie were no better than the guys we are deriding Cleverly for.

Also worth remembering Warren was not shy in telling anyone and everyone that Joe was being ducked by Ottke, Jones, Hopkins and anyone else with a pulse in and around the weight for many a year.

Context is needed here.........Warren hasn't got many aces left...Should Cleverly lose his title..Warren's cupboard is bare.

Not sure just posting world title fights from around the world is enough to sustain Boxnation..

Cleverly is a WBo man...we know Warren has great influence......My guess is he'll continue fighting stiffs..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:48 pm

I think you're right Truss - when it comes to milking a fighter for every penny, frank i sthe master.  he knows he can put NC top of the bill in Cardiff against some nobody and get himself a decent purse.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got through 10 or 15 title defences without facing anyone who could be considered a live fighter.

It is tragic to see a good fighter wasting his prime.

If in his next five fights he fought shumenov, Pascal, dawson, hopkins and kovalev and beat only one of them i would have more respect for him than if he fought another five tomato cans and ko'ed them all in a couple of rounds.

The saddest bit is I suspect he would win more than one of those fights - and he could be building a stellar ledger for himself, or building a great reputation with a trilogy of fights against another exciting fighter like Pascal.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:07 pm

Frank has never been one for letting his top fighters risk the almighty '0' and yet I'm sure most people would have more respect for a guy who steps up than takes the easy route

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Jun 2013, 5:10 pm

Very true Dave. You do get the impression with Frank that if you gave him the choice of Joe’s record as it stands or a record of 45-1 with the names of Ottke, Jones (when he still had a pulse) Hopkins (again earlier) Tarver, Woods Beyer etc he would choose the former.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 5:15 pm

Why he goes down the WBO route ad nauseum.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 19 Jun 2013, 5:21 pm

The 'I've got emails' excuse is getting so picard

Why the hell did he have that TBA announcement? Really. Sigh. 

Clev was funny though. Saying people have been calling his next opponent a taxi driver, a tomato can. Funny.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 19 Jun 2013, 5:34 pm

I can see this being a pattern for Cleverly unfortunately. The man has a degree in Maths and clearly has a brain between his ears and the smart move is to keep fighting stiffs and defending his title while making decent money instead of taking the risky fights then cash in late on like Calzaghe did and take chances when you've already got money in the bank, it's a shame as Cleverly looks to have a top drawer engine, very solid chin, decent hand speed and good punch variety so I don't think he's an easy nights work for anyone in the division, although he would need to protect his chin better against Stevenson and Kovalev as they can really bang.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm

Sad thing is......You only improve against good fighters and the lad will regress........

Murray only learnt to beat Nadal and Federer by beating fighters close to their league...and by by playing them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Jun 2013, 5:38 pm

Agree with Truss.

Clev will regress. He is no longer progressing, that's for sure. Eats too many punches and doesn't sit on his own. Has that stupid Calzaghe trait of hanging his chin out when he gets good and tagged, too.

When he goes in with a fighter who can take advantage of this he is in serious trouble.

His dad does nothing for him either.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm

Well, his dad does love him, but yes, like Nathan he is limited. The boy needs to listen to someone outside of his camp. Not Joe, not Frank or his dad. Someone like Naz Richardson, someone who tells it how it is, like Emmanuel used to. I miss you big E! heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:16 pm

Funny how the Kolalev rumour came out on Friday...the same day that it was announced that his fight against White was an eliminator to fight Hopkins.

So now they have the perfect excuse for the fight falling through, and I couldn't help but notice how at the presser Warren said they have been that busy agreeing terms with Kolalev that they haven't yet got a back up opponent. But yet when iFilm interviewed him on his own he admitted to having a back up opponent. Probably the opponent who Cleverly is going to fight regardless.

That presser stank of them getting their excuses out of the way early for another no hoper for Cleverly to face. The "everyone is ducking Nathan" excuse is getting a tad repetitive. But hey, if Steffan is willing to believe it and carry on hugging Nathan's nutsack then I guess its working to some point.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:22 pm

It's desperate.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:28 pm

It just isn't credible anymore.

If you really believe you are the best, I mean believe it - not just say it - then pack your bags go to Beibut Shumenovs front door, and tell him you'll fight him as soon as he's available, at a venue of his choosing, an dhe can hav ethe bulk of the purse and just make the fight.

Don't whine about people avoiding you.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:38 pm

It is laughable for Clev to suggest he is being avoided, isn't it. Avoided by whom? Nobody knows who he is for a start and seeing his KO perecentage is hardly going to strike fear into their hearts

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:47 pm

English isnt frank's strong suit, sean. He say's avoided, but he means ignored.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 19 Jun 2013, 7:10 pm

Cleverlys at the point now where the excuses wont wash anymore. Difficult to know how content he is to defend against unranked opponents or how ambitious he is. Time will tell. Warren is at the point now though where his grip on domestic boxing is gone, and with the likes of Hearn and Golden Boy around now he cant really afford to let his fighters get unhappy because there are alternatives elsewhere. A split could be inneviteable if Cleverly has genuine ambitions. It shouldnt be anything new are hard to understand for Cleverly though. He knows Calzaghe well and Im sure knows all about how that particular relationship with Warren went.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 19 Jun 2013, 8:30 pm

I'd fight Cleverley but I can't make 12 1/2 st anymore. Catchweight? Frank Warren is having pressers to announce... 3933776953

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Jun 2013, 8:31 pm

milkyboy wrote:English isnt frank's strong suit, sean. He say's avoided, but he means ignored.
 hahahahahaha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 19 Jun 2013, 8:46 pm

On paper at least, cleverly is smarter than your average pug. Unless he has audleyesque delusions he knows he's been fighting stiffs. I'm sure he probably also knows that anyone 'avoiding him' (if they are), is doing so for better options not because they fear him... although he may be in denial about that.

Either he lacks confidence in his own ability or more likely he wants to play safe and milk the money for as long as he can before sticking his head above the parapet. Hatton did it,  jc did it. It's not like frank's business model isn't transparent and well trodden. Frank admits it himself...'get them to the point that they're ok, even if it goes belly up'. 

Is cleverley at that point? Has he earned enough to risk a big fight? I suspect not, so the other alternative is making a fight that pays enough to offset that, even if he loses. I think warren would take a big money fight for cleverly if he could get one, but if he can't he'll continue to line up nurses. I'd be staggered if he took kovalev, it couldnt be more un-warren like to take a risky fight that's not a big buck one. If cleverley stays with Frank, it's because he's happy with that philosophy. What does that say about his ambition? How do you judge ambition? Legacy or wealth? I suspect he'd like both but doesnt want to risk one for the other.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:59 pm

LOL

the bawwwwse saw this coming! I think frank and nathan would have trouble finding a set of b***s between them

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:47 pm

You do now 'balls' isn't a swear word don't you?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Thu 20 Jun 2013, 2:17 pm

that's good to know, i will be here balls out from now on

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 2:44 pm

Hit me with a naw girl and I'll pitch back sum scrilla when I maw these sacks..Yo hear me!!Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:34 pm

That's not how all ethnic minorities speak you swine!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

You want to try it..You might become interesting.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You want to try it..You might become interesting.

Yo Lenny, your arms are too short to box with God

Brain too small to out-fox The Bawwse

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down