The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See?

+12
Haddie-nuff
barrystar
laverfan
summerblues
invisiblecoolers
GreatGazoo
banbrotam
time please
JuliusHMarx
ryan86
carrieg4
hawkeye
16 posters

Go down

What quarter final would you like to see?

So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_lcap19%So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_lcap14%So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_lcap38%So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]
So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_lcap24%So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_lcap5%So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 21

So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Empty So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See?

Post by hawkeye Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:04 pm

Now that the All England Club has decided that Nadal will be seeded at five what quarter final would you like to see?

Also imagine you had final tickets would you swap them for your chosen quarter final?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Empty Re: So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See?

Post by carrieg4 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

Decided? I thought they were following the rules? Headscratch

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See? Empty Re: So What Quarter Final Are You Hoping To See?

Post by ryan86 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:19 pm

If I was to pair the top 8 off, let's see.

Nadal v Federer
Ferrer v Tsonga
Berdych v Djokovic
del Potro v Murray

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:28 pm

carrieg4 wrote:Decided? I thought they were following the rules? Headscratch

Yes they are following the rules, there was no decision to be made.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:34 pm

Is the only choice one with Rafa in it?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:42 pm

time please wrote:Is the only choice one with Rafa in it?

This poll is about a potential quarter final resulting from Nadal being seeded at five. Of course there will be three other quarter finals but that's not what this poll is about. The other three quarters could end up being more interesting...

Last edited by hawkeye on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I typed semi final rather than quarter final.)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:Decided? I thought they were following the rules? Headscratch

Yes they are following the rules, there was no decision to be made.

That's what I thought OK

Glad I'm not misreading the rules.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:56 pm

hawkeye wrote:
time please wrote:Is the only choice one with Rafa in it?

This poll is about a potential quarter final resulting from Nadal being seeded at five. Of course there will be three other quarter finals but that's not what this poll is about. The other three quarters could end up being more interesting...

I was teasing Smile

Seriously, while all tennis players are clearly not equal, in terms of rules and systems then they really must be on a level playing field - you can't operate a system where all tennis players are equal but some are more equal than others (apologies to GO)

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:35 am

Nadal v Murray

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatGazoo Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:41 am

Nadal vs Djokovic or Nadal vs Murray. I don't think I want to see Nadal vs Federer because I have a feeling Federer will lose. Sad

GreatGazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:06 am

Nadal vs Djokovic.

I want the sternest test for Djoko and easiest path for Murray.

So

Hewitt - Djoko 1st round

Gulbis - DJoko 2nd round

Haas - Djoko 3rd round.

Raonic - Djoko 4th round

Nadal - Djoko Quarters

Djoko - Federer Semis
 and

Djoko  - Murray finals

That would be my dream line up. Laugh

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:38 am

The way he's been playing Raonic will be lucky if he make the 4th Round. Also, I think Haas in R3 is impossible.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:07 pm

I went for Nadal vs Murray but in reality I would be happiest if Nadal lost before QF and we ended up with something like Haas vs Murray instead Smile

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:10 pm

ryan86 wrote:The way he's been playing Raonic will be lucky if he make the 4th Round.

Lost to Dodig at Eastbourne. :(He is becoming more a clay courter and less an all court player.

Tomic, by the same token, seems to be doing better. He may even take out Simon, the way Simon played against Edmunds.

PS: Apologies, HE, for an off-topic comment.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu 20 Jun 2013, 2:29 pm

First and foremost, I want Nadal to get beaten by somebody.

However, I said Nadal vs. Ferrer because assuming they all get there I don't want to see someone with a genuine chance (Djoko/Murray) or a genuine Wimbledon pedigree (Fed) facing Nadal in the QF any more than I want him to face a big gun in the QF if he gets there.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 20 Jun 2013, 3:14 pm

barrystar wrote:First and foremost, I want Nadal to get beaten by somebody.

However, I said Nadal vs. Ferrer because assuming they all get there I don't want to see someone with a genuine chance (Djoko/Murray) or a genuine Wimbledon pedigree (Fed) facing Nadal in the QF any more than I want him to face a big gun in the QF if he gets there.

First and foremost I want to see any of them all beaten bar Nadal

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:Nadal vs Djokovic.

I want the sternest test for Djoko and easiest path for Murray.

So

Hewitt - Djoko 1st round

Gulbis - DJoko 2nd round

Haas - Djoko 3rd round.

Raonic - Djoko 4th round

Nadal - Djoko Quarters

Djoko - Federer Semis
 and

Djoko  - Murray finals

That would be my dream line up. Laugh

Ha ha! I think you got a little carried away. You only had to say what quarter final match up you wanted not your whole dream tournament. Haven't you dreamt the score in the final yet?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:14 pm

As a neutral I would have said Nadal v Murray. It's the big match we've not seen in two years, and it would be interesting to see how they match up now. 

As a Murray fan, it's the last match I want to see... So I'd say Nadal v Djokovic so they can kick lumps out of each other.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:41 pm

Nadal v Federer. No longer the big match up it once was. Will have the situation where the old master is a big underdog on a surface where he should still have the edge in technical terms. Could see Federer edging a classic.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:55 pm

I want to see Nadal v. Fed in the quarters because I would like to read Hawkeye's outrage.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:01 pm

Good lord she'd spontaneously combust if Nadal drew Ferrer.....and lost. Shocked
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down