The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fixtures are out so the betting begins!

+3
Good Golly I'm Olly
VDT
Dolphin Ziggler
7 posters

Go down

The Fixtures are out so the betting begins! Empty The Fixtures are out so the betting begins!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:05 pm

Bookmakers have shot their load early and have priced up the opening markets for the Premier League

Man United start as title favourites with a best priced 9/4 (Sky Bet and Bet Victor) followed by Man City @ 12/5 (Coral and Sky Bet), Chelsea @ 5/2 (Sky Bet), Arsenal @ 12/1 (Will Hill, Bet Fred, Coral), Liverpool @ 33/1 (Bet Victor, Bet Fred, Bet 365, Sky Bet) and Tottenham 40/1 (Sky Bet)

The relegation market unsurprisingly makes grim reading for the promoted teams...

Crystal Palace start as your favourites to go down at a best priced 4/7 (Sky Bet, Coral), Hull follow close behind @ 8/11 (Sky Bet), Cardiff @ 15/8 (Sky Bet). The market opens up a little from here and there is sure to be some value in laying teams. Norwich are a quite short 11/4 (Sky Bet, Victor), Stoke @ 10/3 (Bet Fred, Coral), Sunderland @ 6/1 (Ladbrokes, Victor), Fulham @ 7/1 (Victor, Paddy Power), Swansea are generally 7/1 although European bookmaker BWin have them a best priced 8/1, with Aston Villa (Coral), Southampton (Victor, Coral) and West Brom (Victor, Stan James, Coral) all @ 8/1 too. The group of candidates is rounded up with West Ham @ 9/1 (Coral), Newcastle a quite big 12/1 (Coral) considering their current problems and last seasons slump and finally Roberto Martinez's Everton @ 33/1 (Bet 365, BoyleSports, Bet Fred, Victor).

The Next Manager to Leave his Post market indicates that backers consider Pardew a flight risk.

The Newcastle Manager tops the market at a best priced 2/1 (Coral, Stan James, Paddy Power), closely followed by Laudrup at Swansea @ 3/1 (Paddy). You can get 12/1 (Stan James, Coral) on AVB running to France, Martin Jol @ 12/1 (Sky Bet, Ladbrokes, Paddy), whilst everyone's favourite Italian Paolo Di Canio is a rather big 18/1 (Sky Bet) considering he could do anything at any moment.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Fixtures are out so the betting begins! Empty Re: The Fixtures are out so the betting begins!

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:25 pm

I think Malky Mackay will be under pressure early doors and we know foreign owners are trigger happy and I think out of the promoted sides, Bruce & Holloway's jobs are safer long term than his. Agree with Pardew obviously, no idea what's going to unfold their.

Back to top Go down

The Fixtures are out so the betting begins! Empty Re: The Fixtures are out so the betting begins!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:42 pm

You can get 40/1 on Malky which i'd agree is a possibility, if they get pasted around badly then you wouldnt put it past the Chairman to sack him, he wasnt exactly scared to change their badge and kit

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:00 pm

I can't see Pardew being sacked, the payout would be huge as he only signed a 8 year contract not so long ago! Rumour is they got Kinnear in to make Pardew quit!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:13 pm

So after the promoted teams we're next favs to go down. Interesting.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:33 pm

Think its a fairly short price, though if you havent got points on the board come April then panic

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:45 pm

Olly wrote:So after the promoted teams we're next favs to go down. Interesting.

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:46 pm

Bruce or Jol will be the first manager sacked IMO.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:08 pm

8/1 for West Brom to go down might be value.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:08 pm

VDT wrote:I can't see Pardew being sacked, the payout would be huge as he only signed a 8 year contract not so long ago! Rumour is they got Kinnear in to make Pardew quit!

I think part of the contract was that if they sacked him, he'd only get 2 years worth of compensation or something like that. A Newcastle fan might be more accurate.

I think it's weird that Liverpool who finished 7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, are seen as more likely to win the title than Tottenham who have finished 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th. The title winner will definitely be one of United, City or Chelsea though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:54 pm

Thats only really on the best price bit, Tottenham and Liverpool are generally level at around 33s across the board.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:14 pm

Yeah, it was revealed last season about Pardew only getting a year pay-off and not the full amount. Ashley might be clueless about football but he's not in terms of business and financial sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:05 pm

chelsea seem the best value for title, its surely for me out them city and united

Sunderland at 6-1 going down look like great odds to me, there about to lose there best player and have a manager whos not proven and is a tad temperamental 

stoke odds are poor, was tempted to have a go on them thinking the odds would be pretty high considering the team they have, doubt i'll have them on them short odds though. i do expect them to struggle though with hughes

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:47 pm

Chelsea and City are now joint favourites for the league.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down