The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garcia v Judah 2

+10
Makaveli
ONETWOFOREVER
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
jimdig
All Time Great
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
hampo17
14 posters

Go down

Garcia v Judah 2 Empty Garcia v Judah 2

Post by hampo17 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 12:16 pm

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Danny Garcia is in heavy talks to rematch Zab Judah. This comes days after ODH said they where in talks for a big fight against Matthyse.

Nobody can be excited for this fight unless you are a relative of either fighter.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Garcia v Judah 2 Empty Re: Garcia v Judah 2

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 12:26 pm

Roll on the Danny Garcia duck train. This guy is limited at very best. Mathyssee wipes his arse clean in 5 rounds maximum and he knows it. Didn't think the fight would go through after seeing the Peterson malling.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Jun 2013, 12:28 pm

First fight was pretty decent but I can only see it going the same way unfortunately, would love to see Garcia versus Matthysse, would be a fantastic fight and it would probably put one guy definitively at the top of the heap of the 140lbers for the time being. Think team Garcia understand that Mathysse is a massive risk.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm

No Alex.....i think garcias team see mathysse as a career threatening defeat.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 22 Jun 2013, 12:37 pm

To give Garcia credit, I felt he dealt with Judah quite comfortably in their last fight. He probably should of got the stoppage.

I don't think Garcia is a limited fighter to the extent Lamont Peterson is.

I'm still not sure of Matthyse either, still feel he's a crude banger. His amateur record shows 3 losses and a draw to Maidana, who himself is a crude banger.

Against say a Bradley, Alexander or a (cautious) Khan I feel all three are superior fighters who could all still make 140lbs.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 22 Jun 2013, 1:31 pm

Golden boy being over protective of their American champ. They should let Garcia go for it I think it's a 50/50 fight against matthyse. Garcia hits like a mule too. Actually id make him slight favourite. It could be the making or breaking of Garcia. Give the fans what they want, and what they've been promised. No one wants Judah 2.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 22 Jun 2013, 1:48 pm

Hope this isnt true, Garcia made hard work of it against a very shopworn Zab

It must have been a real worry to team Garcia when Judah was hurting him with ease in the final rounds, and then see the power Matthysse can bring

I've yet to be truely impressed by Garcia. Slightly above average timing and a heavy left hook but average everywhere else. Gets to easily, can be outworke and can look lost of ideas

The tourney was meant to put the best against the best, but not for one moment did they want Lucas to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Jun 2013, 2:41 pm

Pure and simple Matthysse like mkost Argentine's just don't sell well in the US, it's taken Martinez how long to gain recognition and Maidana still doesn't sell particularly great.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 2:55 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Roll on the Danny Garcia duck train. This guy is limited at very best. Mathyssee wipes his arse clean in 5 rounds maximum and he knows it. Didn't think the fight would go through after seeing the Peterson malling.

Bit early to be calling him a ducker ?? Sure If you look at the the top 10 there are easier opponents than Zab.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 2:56 pm

I enjoyed the first fight, it was no walk over by any stretch of the imagination.

Not overly annoyed that its going to happen to be honest. Matthysse would destroy Garcia anyway.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Garcia v Judah 2 Empty Garcia v Judah 2

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 22 Jun 2013, 10:17 pm

Danny Garcia and Jab Judah look set to rematch in October. I wote an article a while back stating that a second fight between these 2 should happen but many on here laughed me off the board. Well it seems this fight may take place again and I will still go for Judah to win.

Source???....Boxing news 24

Remember ''Those who are without sin should cast the first stone''

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 10:23 pm

What so he's bottled facing Lucas Mattyse?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 10:56 pm

Have merged these two topics.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 23 Jun 2013, 1:04 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:I enjoyed the first fight, it was no walk over by any stretch of the imagination.

Not overly annoyed that its going to happen to be honest. Matthysse would destroy Garcia anyway.

So you'd rather watch Judah-Garcia than Matthysse-Garcia? Really? You want to see a past it judah get gifted another title shot than watch 2 prime bangers who are at the top of their weight divisions go at it

The fight was fun, but ultimately one sided at least for 9 rounds and I can't see how Judah can improve from the last fight and I doubt Judah will last next time. Garcia had him in trouble early and on another days Judah would have just bottled it and caved in which is exactly what I think will happen if they met again

Both Matthysse and Garcia are beatable so wait too long then they could lose and the buzz for the fight may go

I'll wait untill its official but Garcia is ducking him if he elects to fight Zab. Garcia-Matthysse on Sept 7th would be a great fight and would set up the Floyd-Canelo fight the following weekend brilliantly

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 23 Jun 2013, 1:05 am

Whilst the rematch between Garcia and Judah would be entertaining I would much prefer him to fight mathyyse. Now its ok to start calling Garcia a ducker but I think its more of golden boys tactics. I said after the peterson fight Garcia would get eaten by Matthsye if they faught. But on reflection I think he has just as much chance of winning as mathyse. It is a 50 50 fight, garcias has power in his left hook and can take afew bombs himself, same can be said for mathyse, id say Garcia is probably the slightly better box though. 

Now why did I say these are tactics by goldenboy, well at the moment theyve got 2 stars that they can make alot of money. having this fight would be a make or break fight for the bth of them, if garcia loses, itl be "his been found out, got lucky against khan and the others were minor" if mathyse loses "oh he cant win the big one" i think golden boy have realised this, and said lets milk as much as we can from both of these for as long as we can and then when make them fight eachother when a loss wont harm each either fighter.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 23 Jun 2013, 1:47 am

you only have to look at the morales rematch to see garcia learns from his mistakes, garcia/judah 2 will be a easy nights work for danny. i would like to see a khan rematch though if he can get past alexander, and that would hold more glamor if garcia didn't suffer a defeat between now and then, which he most certainly would if he went in with matheysse.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:42 pm

Maybe Danny Garcia just doesn't do challenges. The challenge from the Mexican American has also fallen on deaf ears.

Everyone wants to see him fight Matthysse and that fight couldn't be more primed than it is now. It's the natural fight. Can't see how Garcia can reject that fight and come out of it smelling of roses. Will wait for anything official but this leaves a very sour taste. I'd call it the duck of the decade. Certainly the last five years.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:06 am

Why a rematch, it was a good fight and Judah made Garcia work hard for the win, but Garcia won in the end and Judah will only be a bit older in a rematch so more chance of Garcia winning again... not really a mouth watering fight and there's no reason why it wont just go the same way or Garcia managing to stop a slightly older version of the Judah he has already beat.

Last edited by tunes666 on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:33 am

You knew this was going to happen though, a few days before the Judah fight when Garcia said the lww tournament was only 'verbally agreed.'

Only last week as well Hoya was you tube saying things like Goldenboy are committed to making the best possible fights for the fans and would go out of their way to do so. No need for a Judah rematch.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:21 am

How about Judah vs Matthysse II?

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:16 am

sittingringside wrote:How about Judah vs Matthysse II?

Even more pointless than Garcia-Judah II and I doubt there will be any demand for it

Matthysse was having his first real step up in class and while he started slowly, he had Zab in all sorts of trouble in the closing rounds

That was almost 3 years ago. Since then Judah has gotten older and further past his best and Matthysse has improved drastically and starts a lot lot faster since the Judah loss

I don't think Judah will make it into the 5th if they meet again

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:39 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

Even more pointless than Garcia-Judah II and I doubt there will be any demand for it

Matthysse was having his first real step up in class and while he started slowly, he had Zab in all sorts of trouble in the closing rounds

That was almost 3 years ago. Since then Judah has gotten older and further past his best and Matthysse has improved drastically and starts a lot lot faster since the Judah loss

Judah beat Matthysse last time, it's three years on and Judah looks about the same whilst Matthysse has made improvements. One way to measure Matthysse's improvement is for them to fight again. If Garcia isn't going to fight Matthysse then this isn't a terrible option and certainly isn't more pointless than Garcia vs Judah II

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:35 pm

sittingringside wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

Judah beat Matthysse last time, it's three years on and Judah looks about the same whilst Matthysse has made improvements. One way to measure Matthysse's improvement is for them to fight again. If Garcia isn't going to fight Matthysse then this isn't a terrible option and certainly isn't more pointless than Garcia vs Judah II

Judah has definitely slipped, since Lucas he has been dropped by Mabuza, dominated and made to quit against Khan, fought an average Paris and hurt often by Garcia. He looks a lot slower than he did a couple years ago and his punch resistance seems even worse

Matthysse starts a lot faster and has really learnt from the Judah and Alexander "losses"

There is only one outcome in a Matthysse win so yea it's a pointless fight that's hard to get excited for

Why fight someone you know he'll beat to see if he's made improvements

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down