The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If v2 had a P4P top ten...

+11
JabMachineMK2
compelling and rich
sittingringside
manos de piedra
Diamond in the rough
jimdig
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
trenchtownbaboon
mobilemaster8
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
kingraf
15 posters

Go down

If v2 had a P4P top ten... Empty If v2 had a P4P top ten...

Post by kingraf Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:35 pm

So... slow day, and I thought I'd spice it up by creating an original (ha ha) thread. I am aiming to do a monthly 606v2 P4P top ten. So if you could kindly list your top ten fighters in boxing today, in order, it would be greatly welcomed. Each poster is allowed one listing. Entries close 30 June. The first (un)official 606v2 P4P top ten will be released 3 July 2013.

My list:
1) Floyd Mayweather
2) Wladmir Klitsckho
3) Andre Ward
4) Mares
5) Sergio Martinez
6) Timothy Bradley
7) Juan Manuel Marquez
8) Manny Pacquaio
9) Carl Froch
10) Canelo Alvarez.

This might not succeed, but its worth a shot, could make for interesting reading
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

If v2 had a P4P top ten... Empty Re: If v2 had a P4P top ten...

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:44 pm

1) Floyd Mayweather
2) Andre Ward
3) Wladmir Klitsckho
4) Saul Alvarez
5) Sergio Martinez
6) Guillermo Rigondeaux
7) Juan Manuel Marquez
8) Manny Pacquaio
9) Carl Froch
10) Nonito Donaire
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:50 pm

Rigo dispatched Donaire in a clinique and Donaire was in most top 10 p4p
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:51 pm

Mayweather
wladamir Klitschko
Andre Ward
Martinez
Marquez
Froch
Bradley
Alvarez
Pacquiao
Rigondeux

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:55 pm

1) Floyd Mayweather
2) Andre Ward
3) Wladmir Klitsckho
4) Saul Alvarez
5) Sergio Martinez
6) Juan Manuel Marquez
7) Carl Froch
8) Guillermo Rigondeaux
9) Manny Pacquaio
10) Nonito Donaire
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 23 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm

1.) Mayweather
2.) Ward
3.) JMM
4.) Rigo
5.) Donaire
6.) Wlad
7.) Martinez
8.) Pacquiao
9.) Canelo
10.) Mares

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Sun 23 Jun 2013, 6:25 pm

WHU I disagree with your list slightly I think Donaire has to drop a few places due to the schooling he recieved from Rigo and also Canelo a few places higher than Pac due to him getting an overdue ktfo by JMM but to be honest you could swap Pac and Nonito any which way and it would still look Ok
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 23 Jun 2013, 6:48 pm

Donaire got beat by a better boxer, simple as, he wasn't schooled. He has fought at a higher level than any other of the guys below him and untill Rigo was in everyone's top 3 for the last 12 months

A loss to a talent like Rigo is more impressive than a win over a B level fighter and taking such a dangerous fight means its hard to mark him down

Martinez hasn't fought Golovkin, the only real threat to him and Canelo has only really had one top fight which while clear was still close

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 23 Jun 2013, 6:53 pm

1 May
2 jesus
3 Rigo
4 Jmm
5 donaire
6 canelo
7 mares
8 pac
9 Martinez
10 froch

I just can't find a place for wlad, if he weighed in the same as any of the 10 in my list I think he his chin lets him down and he gets his clock cleaned. He's the best heavy my a country mile, but relies heavily on his size.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Sun 23 Jun 2013, 6:56 pm

I really think Martinez is hanging by a thread in the p4p list  at the minute TBH I truly believe Golovkin will knock him out big style if they ever met.
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:05 pm

No one has room for broner, last night's performance pushes him out for me.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:33 pm

1. Floyd
2. Ward 
3. Marquez
4. Martinez
5. Rigo
6. Mares
7. Wlad
8. Canelo
9. Broner
10. Donaire

PAC missing out on top 10 due to lost 2 of last 3 fights an his next appoin any is a weight below having only just moved up and is tailor made! Should he beat Bradley who also just missed out or Marquez next he moves top 5 although my list changes a lot

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:15 pm

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. JMM
4. Rigondeaux
5. Wlad Klitschko
6. Pacquiao
7. Bradley
8. Donaire
9. Martinez
10. Alvarez

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:28 am

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Rigondeaux
4. Juan Manuel Marquez
5. Martinez
6. Wladimir klitschko
7. Bradley
8. Donaire
9. Canelo
10. Mares

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:14 am

interesting to see people putting bradley in over pac even though we all know pac won that fight. fair enough putting pac down for his loss to JMM but you cant have bradley over pac if you've seen that fight

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:47 am

compelling and rich wrote:interesting to see people putting bradley in over pac even though we all know pac won that fight. fair enough putting pac down for his loss to JMM but you cant have bradley over pac if you've seen that fight
Agree but he really lost his last 2 to Marquez and one by brutal ko that's why he's not in mine

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:00 am

manos de piedra wrote:1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. JMM
4. Rigondeaux
5. Wlad Klitschko
6. Pacquiao
7. Bradley
8. Donaire
9. Martinez
10. Alvarez
Really can't argue with anything in this list. Perhaps I'd have Froch in there instead of Wlad and swap that position with Martinez.

Martinez may have tailed off in his last fight, but lets not forget just how good he is. Can't say that Murray won that fight in all honesty in my view by at least 2 rounds. Murray was great, but Martinez although a shadow of his former self still did the more effective work.

To say Golovkin would beat Martinez is reaching at best. You can't name one world class name on Golovkins CV - you can't say he challenges the best out there as he went after the weakest champion. Honestly although he looks promising, I can't see him beating the finest MW we've had in years.

Think to be honest, we'll learn a lot about Golovkin from the Macklin fight. Then we'll know if he's top class.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

Really surprised how Donaire has slipped so far on people's list that he is barely breaking the top 10

This guy was number 1 at 3 different weight classes then lost to perhaps the greatest amateur fighter ever who was undoubtedly skilled in a close fight

In regards to Sergio, Martinez isn't an elusive fighter and has always been easy to find and Golovkin has proven he can punch and punch hard, harder tha Chavez and Murray who hurt him and Macklin and Barker who have him real troubles and had they hit harder they could have made it very interesting

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:17 pm

I scored the Murray/Martinez fight in favour of Murray. I thought he was very unlucky not to earn at least a draw. Especially factoring in a knockdown that wasnt given. I cant honestly say I thought Martinez was more effective. Murray was clearly winning the middle rounds. He put Martinez down twice. There were some close rounds at the start and end that Martinez might have nicked to get the win but I think Murray definately won the more clearly won rounds. The caveat is that Martinez is ageing and maybe carrying an injury. But I think hes on the downward slope now and his style of boxing doesnt lend itself well to ageing. Because theres a real case to made for MArtinez edging Murray, I havent dropped him out of my rankings but I definately think the performance means he drops down several notches. Golovkin is a real threat to him I feel. He could put a marker down against Macklin which will indicate whether the hype is justified. But at the same time Macklin is nothing like Martinez in style so it wont be a great indicator of how he handles Martinez unorthdox way of boxing. I think he in prime position to take advantage of Martinez though. Hes been dropped in his last two fights against fighters that most likely arent on Golovkins level or ar as dangerous punchers.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:27 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Really surprised how Donaire has slipped so far on people's list that he is barely breaking the top 10

This guy was number 1 at 3 different weight classes then lost to perhaps the greatest amateur fighter ever who was undoubtedly skilled in a close fight

In regards to Sergio, Martinez isn't an elusive fighter and has always been easy to find and Golovkin has proven he can punch and punch hard, harder tha Chavez and Murray who hurt him and Macklin and Barker who have him real troubles and had they hit harder they could have made it very interesting

Im more surprised with Pacquiao. Alot of people have either Donaire or Bradley ahead of him which Im not sure there is strong justification for. I honestly think theres still a case for Pacquaio being as high as 4 or 5.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:31 pm

How Pacquiao makes it into peoples top 10 these days baffles me!!

Fighters get moved around the top 10 for putting on bad performances and still winning (e.g: Martinez) yet Pacquiao hasn't WON an impressive fight since probably the Margarito fight. Dull performances against Mosley, Marquez 3, then getting beat by Bradley and put to sleep by Marquez in the 4th fight.

Any other fighter would be banished from the top 50. But little "sing'us a song" Manny still loitters around 8/9 in the P4P lists on here, rid-dic-ul-OUSSSSSS!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:33 pm

It's probably more to do with the fact that he actually beat Bradley, Reborn. He was also beginning to dominate the Marquez fight - I guess an instant KO can happen to anyone, though admittedly walking right on to a monster punch increases those chances.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

1: Floyd Mayweather
2: Andre Ward
3: Wladimir Klitschko
4: Sergio Martinez
5: Guillermo Rigondeaux
6: Tim Bradley
7: Abner Mares
8: Saul Alvarez
9: Danny Garcia
10: Nonito Donaire
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

Getting robbed by Bradley and losing to a fighter of JMMs class does not automatically mean you are not a top ten fighter. Struggling to beat Murray on home turf might well be an indication of a fighter who is no longer top ten though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:42 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:It's probably more to do with the fact that he actually beat Bradley, Reborn. He was also beginning to dominate the Marquez fight - I guess an instant KO can happen to anyone, though admittedly walking right on to a monster punch increases those chances.

So having a good 5th round against a 38 year old who has been in countless wars is enough to keep you in the top 10. I guarantee to you if Bradley gets put to sleep in the same manner he will be nowhere near the top 20 P4P. So Manny has to get the same treatment as other. How far did Khan drop when Garcia beat him.

Manny's best days are long gone and its unfair to the new generation to have them held back on the back of a fighter who was explosive about 3-4 years ago but has looked shot since. Many can view that Bradley fight as a win for Manny all they want, but Martinez beat Murray and because he didn't do it in style he has managed to drop about 5 places on peoples lists. Go figure.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:46 pm

Marquez is 38 and lost every round to the P4P number one. Manny was supposed to be number two and had to win via robbery and then got KO'ed by him.

Murray was undefeated and young. Martinez still got a legitimit win.

If Manny had actually achieved something in the last 2 years I would agree, but there are many other guys in the sport now who have done more than him in the last 12-18 months and that doesnt come into account because he is "Manny Pacquiao"
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

There arent many in the sport who have been fighting and beating opposition of of the calibre of Bradley or JMM. Are you seriously telling me that Bradley and Garcia are better fighters than JMM, Pacquiao and Donaire?

Murray is a fighter well below the calibre of JMM or Bradley. Frankly Pacquiao's "loss" to Bradley was far stronger an indication of his ability than Martinez win over Murray.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

Mares is not P4P top ten.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:51 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Really surprised how Donaire has slipped so far on people's list that he is barely breaking the top 10

It was the way donaire got beat same as pacman rigo made him look amateurish while being a big underdog and a lot smaller in weight and size come fight night

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:21 pm

When you have proven you are an elite fighter like Pacquiao and Donaire, then I dont think losing to another elite fighter should neccessitate dropping out of the rankings. Especially to guys like Broner and Garcia who werent exactly amazing in their last performances against a much lower level of opposition. Or Bradley who overwhelming concesus was lost to Pacquiao.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:25 pm

Garcia is top ten p4p but paco isnt? There roughly naturally a similar size. Put them in the ring together and we'd soon see even though mannys past his best he'd still splatter garcia

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:40 pm

manos de piedra wrote:When you have proven you are an elite fighter like Pacquiao and Donaire, then I dont think losing to another elite fighter should neccessitate dropping out of the rankings. Especially to guys like Broner and Garcia who werent exactly amazing in their last performances against a much lower level of opposition. Or Bradley who overwhelming concesus was lost to Pacquiao.

bradley isn't in mine because of his last performance I which he had no right losing 5 rounds 

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 24 Jun 2013, 8:17 pm

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. JMM
4. Rigondeaux
5. Wlad Klitschko
6. Martinez
7. Pacquiao
8. Donaire
9. Bradley
10. Alvarez

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum