The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal and His Excuses

+13
Gerry SA
JubbaIsle
ChequeredJersey
kingraf
break_in_the_fifth
yloponom68
time please
carrieg4
banbrotam
lydian
Jahu
invisiblecoolers
_homogenised_
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nadal and His Excuses Empty Nadal and His Excuses

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:53 am

Yup... Nadal is at it again.  The general sentences he comes out with are kind of like this:

"I was injured that's why I lost.... but take nothing away from my opponent (even though I just did), because he played well."

Let's look at this behaviour in action:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23016202

"Last year I played here [Wimbledon] because it is a tournament that I love, but I was not ready to play here," Nadal said.
"After Roland Garros, I felt that my knee was not there any more.
"I tried my best. I don't have anything to learn from that match because it's not an excuse. Rosol played a fantastic fifth set.
"He probably would have beaten me if I was healthy.

If injury had nothing to do with your reasoning, old chum, why do you even bring it up?  It's pathetic, and it's another reason I can't stand this arrogant pretender.  urine off, Nadal.  If Nadal was playing in the old conditions, he would have something to whinge about all right, because he would be battered and blown off the court.

Let's hope he gets another mauling, this time at the hands of Paire or Isner.

edit

MY HOPES CAME TRUEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Nadal and His Excuses 1347041234WhiskyYahooYahooYahoo

Last edited by _homogenised_ on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Nadal and His Excuses Empty Re: Nadal and His Excuses

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:30 am

I know the last sentence says how much his ego was battered ""He probably would have beaten me if I was healthy.".

Rosol did win a fit Nadal, no idea why Nadal have to come up with excuses like that time and again.picard

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:19 am

Nadal was fit, Rosol kicked him in the nuts like no one before, and Nadal was being a nasty sportsman during the match.

Please no more Nadal 2012, and how he was sick blla blla. That was the best match of Wimbledon, better then final.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:06 am

This was discussed ad nauseum on another thread, so why create a new thread.
Oh let me guess....yawn.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:16 am

Broken Record

This has been covered on so many threads. It does not need bringing up yet again.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 am

I don't know why you all bite - I guess you must enjoy it, that's the only rational explanation  WinkVery Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 am

lydian wrote:This was discussed ad nauseum on another thread, so why create a new thread.
Oh let me guess....yawn.

Because this is a free forum, and I felt like it, because it annoyed me, and because I did not see the other thread.  I am sorry if I didn't obey you, oh master.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:39 am

Indeed TP. Don't feed the...

OP - you expect us to take a poster seriously who's vitriolic anti-bias bristles "I can't stand this arrogant pretender, urine off Nadal"?

Take a chill pill - I can reassure his 12 slams are very much real, not pretend.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 am

OP I think you need to calm down.

This is a bit ott.

Back to top Go down

Post by yloponom68 Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Actions speak far louder than words, as always! If Nadal had said he was at the top of his powers, then took 7 months off - you'd all be criticizing him for not telling the truth. Not about the details or circumstances - just about personal likes, dislikes. He WAS in a bad state and Rosol DID play out of his mind and fully deserved the win. They are not mutually exclusive. Find something positive to talk about, surely. Uugh!

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I can believe Nadal might not have been fully fit. If he was he would have stood as far back as necessary to make sure Rosol's winner count was not good enough to win. Conditions are such these days that even a once/twice in a decade performance like that probably isn't enough for a win, not a legit one anyway.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Ah I see... so when he wins he is healthy, when he loses it's the legs.  How obvious.  Sorry  I forgot that rule.  When you enter a match, you enter a match.  If you lose, you lose.  It's that simple.  I am not buying the leg excuse anymore, as you all know.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:31 pm

I think athletes must follow AB de Villiers' rule of media conferences: After a defeat, amything you say sounds like an excuse. Rather keep your answer in mono-syllables. "He played well. I didnt"... then repeat in different manners, "He was good", "It happens", "I'll be back", "Of course Im sad". Simple really.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:34 pm

That's usually Rafa's approach
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

In the Rosol original interview he even said that things weren't quite right but he didn't want to talk about it because he knew it would sound like an excuse
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

What he said was an excuse...  I don't mind someone saying "He outplayed me, I entered the match and that's that.  If you enter the match and you are beaten, you can't complain"

He doesn't do that.  He constantly whines about how he wasn't 100% and then tacks on "But he probably would have beaten me anyway" at the end.  Probably?  Who is he kidding, it's just a disgraceful statement.  No humility whatsoever.  I am sick and tired of hearing the leg excuse when he loses, and how wonderful life is when he wins.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Cool, don't watch him. Seems pretty Frak simple to me
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:38 pm

I wish there was a player who was a real excuse maker who would actually come out and say things like "I was better and he didn't deserve to win" or "he just played the same boring tactics and I couldn't be asked today".

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:39 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Cool, don't watch him. Seems pretty Frak simple to me

I don't watch him a lot of the time, that doesn't change the fact I am going to hear about him, and what he said, does it?  And it doesn't change the fact he is making disgusting statements either.  Either he chooses to come out and say what he means, or he doesn't, but please spare me the fake humility.

Is it any wonder I can't get behind Nadal and support him?  His basic game, his 1 dimensional play, his on court antics, time wasting, barging, and to top it all off, he can't even lose with any dignity either.  The only redeeming thing I can say about him is he has  a champions mentality, but that's the ONLY thing I can find.

Last edited by _homogenised_ on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:42 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:What he said was an excuse...  I don't mind someone saying "He outplayed me, I entered the match and that's that.  If you enter the match and you are beaten, you can't complain"

He doesn't do that.  He constantly whines about how he wasn't 100% and then tacks on "But he probably would have beaten me anyway" at the end.  Probably?  Who is he kidding, it's just a disgraceful statement.  No humility whatsoever.  I am sick and tired of hearing the leg excuse when he loses, and how wonderful life is when he wins.

That's what you get when your decent level is the best the game has ever seen. The guy can beat players who literally hit 5 times as many winners as him in a match. That's what tennis is now and no other player can do that. If he loses, especially at that stage of the most important tournament, you bet there'll be an excuse.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Well I can't wait until he loses a pace or two in the coming years, and he can taste what it's like to be beaten relentlessly. It isn't going to be pretty....

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:50 pm

I think his 12 Majors (well, probably more) and Olympic Gold Medal will help console him when that happens. He will probably be pretty sad that you don't like him though
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:51 pm

12 majors, most of them on clay, all of them on dumbed down slow surfaces and conditions.  Never be compared to Fed or Borg.  Sorry Wink

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Except by, for example, Fed and Borg...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:22 pm

I am looking forward to Nadal's new Rosol this year.  He is called Paire Wink

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Is this the black hole of V2 ???

Why does the very name NADAL invoke such frenzied hate ???

I hate, really, really hate Sprouts, but I dont go on the Farmers forum and moan, moan, moan about them all the time.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Nadal's Rosol this year wasn't paire... I was mistaken.  It was his R1 opponent.  As for your question, it's been answered 100 times.  His gamesmanship (see rule bending), time wasting/barging (see rule breaking), arguments with umpires, disrespect to opponents in interviews (see Rosol to name one), grunting after points, and one dimensional baseline retrieval game.  And lastly, some of his fans (a large number), who persist in talking about his knee, throwing his h2h records in our faces (esp the one against Fed because its one of the only "decent" stats they can find where he is better at something).

Why is everyone so shocked that some of us have  a party when he is sent packing? Vamos indeed!

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:Well I can't wait until he loses a pace or two in the coming years, and he can taste what it's like to be beaten relentlessly. It isn't going to be pretty....
You're seriously deluded if you think Rafael Nadal will be playing on in to his 30s. 

He's given everything his body has to give. 

At a push I'd think 2 more visits to Roland Garros and he'll trying sail off into retirement. 

So if you're waiting for Nadal to get pummelled year after year, it's not gonna happen.  

Nadal, like Borg, will leave the game with genuine tennis fans wanting more.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:37 pm

If he is forced to retire early (assuming his knees really do give him as much trouble as he would have us all believe), I will be even happier. The sooner this disgraceful player is put to bed, the happier I will be.  Also, don't compare Nadal to Borg.  Borg had far more talent, was far more liked, and left the game with many more slams still left in him.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:If he is forced to retire early (assuming his knees really do give him as much trouble as he would have us all believe), I will be even happier. The sooner this disgraceful player is put to bed, the happier I will be.  Also, don't compare Nadal to Borg.  Borg had far more talent, was far more liked, and left the game with many more slams still left in him.
The world will miss Nadal the day the Spanish matador hangs the racket up for good. 

If Borg likens Nadal to himself, who are you to disagree?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:47 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:If he is forced to retire early (assuming his knees really do give him as much trouble as he would have us all believe), I will be even happier. The sooner this disgraceful player is put to bed, the happier I will be.  Also, don't compare Nadal to Borg.  Borg had far more talent, was far more liked, and left the game with many more slams still left in him.

You clearly have some issues which you need to overcome.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Maybe you need to accept that people have different opinions than the one you think they should have haha.  I don't like little vile cheats like Nadal, so yes, I will be laughing my head off when he is gone.  Forced out or otherwise.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:51 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Maybe you need to accept that people have different opinions than the one you think they should have haha.

Well it seems most of your posts are slating Nadal for no good cause. Whether it's jealously or insecurity, I have no idea. Or maybe you're not even a Tennis fan and are just here on a wind-up. I probably shouldn't bite but - vile cheat?

Last edited by Duty281 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Would ask you all to stop taking so much pleasure in someone getting injured and try to debate the subject nicely but would suspect I would get accused of being in love with Nadal or some such. Alternatively I could just start deleting and locking threads left right and centre.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 pm

I think it's more your attitude and seeming (and might I add irrational) obsession with a man you'll probably never meet rather than your opinion as per say, homogenised. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Murray ,though he has grown on me, or Novak but I don't come onto a forum to say I hope their careers end early, do I?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm not the one who keeps pushing this onto a 1 on 1 slanging match.  Seems some around here can't accept that some of us don't liek Nadal for very good reasons.  There is no reason to delete or lock this topic.  If it was a topic saying how lovely the guy is, that wouldnt be locked, and I wouldnt venture onto it.

If Nadal didn't cheat (yes, that's what he does when he time wastes and barges opponents), and had respect for opponents and the game, I might even be a fan of his, despite his 1 dimensional game.  But no...  how can I feel sorry for someone who is a disgusting player?  I can't and I won't.

Last edited by _homogenised_ on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Rowley wrote:Would ask you all to stop taking so much pleasure in someone getting injured and try to debate the subject nicely but would suspect I would get accused of being in love with Nadal or some such. Alternatively I could just start deleting and locking threads left right and centre.

That would also probably get you accused of being in love with Nadal, to be fair
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Duty281 wrote:

First time Duty and myself agree on something Very Happy

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Both of those post above are aimed at a member of this forum (me).  Care to delete those, Mr Mod?

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:Both of those post above are aimed at a member of this forum (me).  Care to delete those, Mr Mod?

What for?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Duty281 wrote:
_homogenised_ wrote:Both of those post above are aimed at a member of this forum (me).  Care to delete those, Mr Mod?

What for?
How about because taking the argument to the person is against house rules... hmmm?  That isn't debate above, it's blatant thread derailing tactics because boo hoo, I am criticising Rafa.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 pm

So 'mr big man' homogenised is revelling in Nadal's possible career ending moment, yet can't handle a little banter...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Perhaps if you expressed your criticisms in a less inflammatory manner and chose your words a little more carefully you would not attract such vitriolic or exasperated responses. Just a thought.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Since joining 1 day before the Nadal-Djokovic semi at RG, homogenised has added so much positivity to this forum. Must have got bored talking to the antiRafa bridage on OTF all day long. With that I'm out of this "thread".
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Rowley wrote:Perhaps if you expressed your criticisms in a less inflammatory manner and chose your words a little more carefully you would not attract such vitriolic or exasperated responses. Just a thought.
Ok so what you are saying is, I can't criticise a player without being abused.  If you don't delete those posts, I will just reply to them the same way they do to me.  Do your JOB.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Come on, lets cool it. All opinions are fair enough but we have to get on.

homogenised, I've dropped you a pm, hope it helps.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:23 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:I wish there was a player who was a real excuse maker who would actually come out and say things like "I was better and he didn't deserve to win" or "he just played the same boring tactics and I couldn't be asked today".

Gulbis more or less did that after losing to Rafa in Rome Laugh, he did I was clearly the better player the entire match and Rafa did nothing special other than retrieving the entire match.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:26 pm

I knew if I went out for a game of tennis, and Nadal lost, then when I came back it would be to this sh1t.

From this point forward aggressive posts will result in a ban.

My 'job' (it's not actually a real job) is to do what I think is best for the forum overall. If you don't like it, tough.
I plan to enjoy Wimbledon, not put up with this sort of stuff.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I am done with this thread, for the remainder of this tournament, I will not mention Nadal. Seems to be a capital crime around here to dislike the guy, heaven forbid someone would dislike dear old Nadal!  The tournament has opened up for me now, and I am goin to enjoy it without Nadal.  PS, the modding here is biased, lopsided, and wrong.  Aggressive posts are a ban now too?  Wow...1984.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next