The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All the best players are left handers

+5
Dave.
kingraf
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
newballs
9 posters

Go down

All the best players are left handers Empty All the best players are left handers

Post by newballs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:45 am

Since there isn't much tennis going on this week I thought I'd revisit this old chestnut.

I'm obviously one as is my son and we are definitely better players than my wife who isn't.

Scientific and valid data? Probably not but who cares? I'm always right (or is that "left" in this case?)

newballs

Back to top Go down

All the best players are left handers Empty Re: All the best players are left handers

Post by bogbrush Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:50 am

Borg, Federer.

Thread closed.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

All the best players are left handers Empty Re: All the best players are left handers

Post by newballs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:54 am

Laver, McEnroe.
15 all

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:08 am

No, you said all the best were lefties. 

GSM. Smile
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:32 am

Small correction all the 2nd best were lefties , 
lets say 3 best lefties are -,-,-
to 3 best Rigties , Federer, Sampras and Borg.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:41 am

Guys now we're just being pedantic.

We've not even mentioned Navratilova for heaven's sake (yes women's tennis does count)

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:15 pm

Being left handed in tennis has its obvious advantages (the natural "attack the backhand tactic leads to Forehand to BH exchanges, wide serving on the AD-side) in your favour , but there are sports where the advantages are even bigger, Fencing has a disproportionate level of Southpaws, as does Baseball batters, cricket, and boxing. Sports like golf have an under representation of us because of the nature of the clubs.

Tennis advantages for southpaws, in contrast to other sports are fairly limited.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:21 pm

And we're more intelligent too.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm

Then you've got Nadal to confuse the picture...a left righty!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:33 pm

Dave. wrote:And we're more intelligent too.

Everyone is born right handed. Only the best learn to overcome it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:37 pm

Lets not be "handists" now Dave. Our obvious superiority is no reason to be arrogant. I mean we are also better athletes.
LeBron James (writes left handed)
Tendulkar (writes left handed)
Nadal (uncle saw the obvious superiority, thus adapted)
Akram

Sadly our natural advantages in intelligence leads to a natural correlation to serial kilers/terrorists
Bin Laden
Jack the Ripper
Boston Strangler
Gengis Khan.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

This makes me wonder - how many ATP lefties have a SHBH? There's got to be some out there.

kingraf, I remember watching Ireland vs Bangladesh at both of the last two CWCs and marveling at the fact that over 50% of both sides seemed to be left-handed. And as you say, it's not even that unusual to see in cricket.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 24 Jun 2013, 1:07 pm

Silver wrote:This makes me wonder - how many ATP lefties have a SHBH? There's got to be some out there.

kingraf, I remember watching Ireland vs Bangladesh at both of the last two CWCs and marveling at the fact that over 50% of both sides seemed to be left-handed. And as you say, it's not even that unusual to see in cricket.

One that is obvious is Feliciano Lopez... Ill keep thinking Headscratch

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 24 Jun 2013, 1:14 pm

Horatio Zeballos ... is another

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:40 pm

Connors was good mcenroe was good, Sampras Fed are half decent RH players too though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:12 pm

and laver ofc

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:16 pm

Connors was a double hander LH

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:30 pm

maybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:01 pm

falzy21 wrote:maybe
Erm

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down