The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Championship - Sawgrass

+4
sonic_boom10
Hibbz
drive4show
BigBlue2304
8 posters

Go down

Players Championship - Sawgrass Empty Players Championship - Sawgrass

Post by BigBlue2304 Mon 9 May - 21:36

Hey all, first post here since moving over from 606. Looking forward to the Players this week at Sawgrass, love that course! Who does everybody fancy to win there this week ? Tiger for his first victory since his comeback ? 14/1 favourite at present with William Hill.

BigBlue2304

Back to top Go down

Players Championship - Sawgrass Empty Re: Players Championship - Sawgrass

Post by drive4show Mon 9 May - 21:55

Woods will always be favourite, prices are determined by the amount of money placed. Personally, I can't see him doing much. It's a very tight course in places and driving is still a problem for him.

I think Donald might do well, he hits it very straight and is tremendous around the greens. If Garcia gets his putter working then I think he will also contend. He has a 1st and 2nd on his CV in this event.

Not checked any prices yet but think I've just talked myself into backing him Shocked

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Mon 9 May - 22:05

Hiya,

Someone told me earlier today to listen to uncle D4S but if he's telling me Luke Donald hits it very straight I'm thinking maybe he's the sort of Uncle that might tell me things I shouldn't want to know.

He is tremendous around the greens though I agree and even more tremendous on them, especially within 10ft.

Just an opinion guys

x

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Mon 9 May - 22:20

Dustin Johnson

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon 9 May - 23:00

Donald has a very average record at Sawgrass so I would avoid him, he'll be a short price too.

Nick Watney has an improving record at Sawgrass and is good e/w value at 45/1. As are Garcia 66/1, DJ 50/1 and Scott 35/1.

Laird 80/1 and Day 55/1 are in great form this year but I think you need to have played this track a few times so I would avoid them on that basis.

I've backed Ed Molinari 100/1 and Louis Oosthuizen 150/1 - both novices here and only backed them because I have backed them loads this year and they will come good eventually. I think Watney is a good bet though and I might have to have wee punt there too.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon 9 May - 23:36

Watney cut to 30-40/1 now.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon 9 May - 23:39

Anyone got the odds on Glover going back to back? Sneaked a top ten here last season when playing much worse than now, there's a lot worse shouts in the field.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon 9 May - 23:40

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/players-championship/the-players-championship/winner

80/1 best price, Ned.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Tue 10 May - 0:06

If I was a betting man, that might just tempt me... you heard it here first!

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Tue 10 May - 12:31

I read somewhere that the greens are up to 12 on the stimp already. With the way the greens went last year (brown by sunday) you had better pick someone decent putting stats!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 10 May - 13:01

Hibbz wrote:Hiya,

Someone told me earlier today to listen to uncle D4S but if he's telling me Luke Donald hits it very straight I'm thinking maybe he's the sort of Uncle that might tell me things I shouldn't want to know.

He is tremendous around the greens though I agree and even more tremendous on them, especially within 10ft.

Just an opinion guys

x

Hibbz

just checked the PGA tour stats, Donald is 45th in fairways hit. I thought he was much higher than that. Brian Gay is top with 78.79% almost as accurate as me! Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue 10 May - 13:04

Just an opinion guys

x

whats with

x

at the end of the post?

Are you thinking that you might get some kind of date through this place? :run2:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 10 May - 13:39

drive4show wrote:

Just an opinion guys

x

Hibbz

just checked the PGA tour stats, Donald is 45th in fairways hit. I thought he was much higher than that. Brian Gay is top with 78.79% almost as accurate as me! ;)

Yeah and I'm guessing that's better than it's been the previous couple of years. Still as you say and his record proves he clearly does plenty right.

I was listening to an interview with Mark James about Seve on Sunday morning and he said something interesting (yeah I know proof of the chimpanzees and typewriter theory). He reckoned that despite Seve being famously wild there were infact many years when he won stacks of tournaments by hitting the ball straight and that also he'd never miss the fairway on the "wrong" side meaning he always gave himself the opportunity for the miraculous looking recovery.

I've no idea if Donald does the same or if he's just a bad driver (relatively) but it's certainly true that on many holes it's better to miss by 20yards on one side than 5 on the other.

x

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Tue 10 May - 14:03

Ben Crane to bore us all to death. Check out his track record and this seasons stats! 33/1 on betfred is not too bad.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Thu 12 May - 17:31

Shoulda followed my own advice!

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down