The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8)

3 posters

Go down

British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8)

British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_lcap50%British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_lcap17%British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_lcap17%British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_lcap16%British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]
British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_lcap0%British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_lcap0%British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Empty British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8)

Post by lsabre Mon 09 May 2011, 9:51 pm

Well, there haven't been so many strong nominees to put up as the previous weekend this time round, without that necessarily being a bad sign. After all, it's still early days and action isn't quite evenly spread across weekends with Europe yet to really engage the action.

So these are my picks of the past weekend.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Empty Re: British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8)

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 09 May 2011, 10:17 pm

For me it's between Turner and Rimmer. Turner ran extremely close to his PB which is very encouraging indeed this early in the season, and beat some decent names too (Trammell, Thomas and Brathwaite).

Rimmer like Turner seems to have carried last year's form into the new year (they both really broke new ground last year IMO). Sure he "only" came second, but it was a highly competitve race, and a strong showing from him. Also a very promising time this early.

Proctor did well to win the long jump, but her performance wasn't as good as the other two, while HAA had a good season opener.

Anyway I've gone for Rimmer, with Turner a close second. I really hope he can kick on from last season. A few months ago I pickd him as being an outside chance at a medal for the worlds (on a 606 debate) and so far it's looking like a decent bet...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8) Empty Re: British performer of the weekend (May 7 - 8)

Post by lsabre Mon 09 May 2011, 10:57 pm

You're got to take into account, though, that Shara's mark was into a strong headwind of -1.2m/sec, as most of the jumps in the competition, while beating the likes of Janay DeLoach, Brianna Glenn and Tianna Madison...

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Tue 10 May 2011, 2:17 am

For me it was a choice between Shara Proctor and Andy Turner who were both winners. Both now look like probable finalists next year.

Rimmer did well but there were numerous absentees in his event, and he 'only' finished second.

All three now outside bets for a medal next year.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down