The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debenture pricing

2 posters

Go down

Debenture pricing Empty Debenture pricing

Post by Turron Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

BB has linked on a couple of occasions to http://www.wimbledondebentureholders.com/buy-wimbledon-tickets/wimbledon-centre-court-tickets which is a boutique site which acts as a secondary market for debenture holders who wish to sell days when they aren't using their seats.

The last debenture release for 2011-2015 was priced at about £27k including £3.5k VAT (http://www.aeltc.com/cms/debentures/about/About.aspx) which provides a single Centre Court seat for every day of the Championships (13 days) and various other benefits like an entry pass to the Centre Court Debenture Holders' Facilities Building and the right to enter a ballot for a (chargeable) car parking space.  That's 65 Centre Court seat days spread over 5 years so that implies that the cost was almost £427 (including VAT) per seat day at issue.  The secondary market site implies that the tickets move at high prices but presumably there are charges associated with selling debentures in this way - that said, a single year's worth of spot sales would make a significant dent in the original issue price.

If you can break open your piggy banks, the next series 2016-2021 will require the initial deposit in 2014.Very Happy

Turron

Back to top Go down

Debenture pricing Empty Re: Debenture pricing

Post by bogbrush Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:47 pm

I'm sure the intermediary take a healthy cut, but it still looks very good.

#1 Court will be up to raise money for the roof, but the problem there is the event ends at the quarters. I don't fancy that.

Depending on the pricing I'll be looking closely at the 2014 issue. Looks like it can be self-liquidating, and provide great tickets. What's not to like about that?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:02 pm

You probably need to analyse the prices in the secondary market thoroughly before leaping in. My wife was offered spot Wimbledon debenture tickets this year by Viagogo.fr where she buys her RG tickets at well below the prices listed on wimbledondebentureholders.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm

Turron wrote:You probably need to analyse the prices in the secondary market thoroughly before leaping in.  My wife was offered spot Wimbledon debenture tickets this year by Viagogo.fr where she buys her RG tickets at well below the prices listed on wimbledondebentureholders.  
Absolutely. The easy resolution is to ask wimbledondebentureholders what the owner sees of the price.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down