The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger and Mirka across the dinner table

+6
Henman Bill
bogbrush
Josiah Maiestas
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
lydian
10 posters

Go down

Roger and Mirka across the dinner table Empty Roger and Mirka across the dinner table

Post by lydian Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:25 am

No, not in that way, geez. We all can see Federer declining through winding down. Yes, he's not playing enough matches to stay sharp, yes he's not putting in the training effort. He's at a real crossroads. Either he finds a way to re-dedicate himself Haas-wise, which isn't impossible, or he packs up soon enough which is highly possible. Federer has a tough decision to make...but maybe, just maybe, that early Wimbledon exit to a journeyman has wounded his fierce narcissistic pride to the extent its kick started something deep inside, shook off the dust and injected a renewal of effort.

Mirka, who I imagine also doesnt like seeing him lose one iota given she's ex-pro and lived/breathed all his glory moments, probably said something across the dinner table earlier this week like....

"look Roger, you're a long time retired and the kids aren't going anywhere. Look at what Haas is doing at 35 and you're twice, no...17 times, the player he ever was without the surgeries. But you need to be as fit and strong as these lesser pretenders. Go out there, refocus, retrain and show your growing kids who used to hand Tommy's ass to him on a plate! Then when you've brought Olympic Gold home lets call it a day but until then you're the GOAT, not the bloat! So no more of this half-hearted schedule stuff and lazing around the house browsing kids fashion magazines...we don't need you here for the cleaning and shopping, get yourself out there and show them who's the real daddy! No-one beats Mirka's husband and if I see you losing to another no-hoper then I make you grow your stupid 2001 Tarantino haircut again!!! Do you hear me!!!"

To which Roger says..."Mirka, you're right, you're always right. Unless I'm right first of course. Ok, no more half-assed schedules, family shopping guy, and I like this new short hair cut. The sponsors do too. Ok, let's do this, Mirka pass me the phone...now!"

Phone call 1 to agent..."Tony, get me into 2 events pronto, make them clay too because I want work outs! Tell Stakhovsky he can shove his victory up his lucky S&V backside, and tell Rolex no more mid-week champagne back-slapping parties!!"

Phone call 2 to trainer..."Paganini, right, dust off those military workouts from 10 years ago! I'm sick of people just thinking I sit round all day eating Lindt balls, carrying Mirka's shopping bags and bouncing babies as fitness training. I'll see you Monday morning and I want to be coughing up blood by the end of the week! Do you hear me, blood!"
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Roger and Mirka across the dinner table Empty Re: Roger and Mirka across the dinner table

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:41 am

that actually made me LOL, just showed a colleague who just joined the married ranks and he laughed like a convulsed infantile
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Roger and Mirka across the dinner table Empty Re: Roger and Mirka across the dinner table

Post by lydian Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:21 am

Very Happy 
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:55 am

I heard that there is more than one Mirka. You can see them at comparethemirka.com
Simples.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:38 am

You are obsessed with using Haas as an analogy, Federer did not MISS many years out of his career like Haas did which gave Haas a better chance to play better late on in the twilight of his career, I think if Federer missed that amount of time from the game he would too come back with better results and more motivation than he has now, there isn't any motivation because he's had the same (near enough) calendar since 2000-2001 compared to Tommy who wasn't around in 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2011. There is nothing to suggest Haas would be in such good shape not missing those years from his resumé.

As per I say let's what happens when and if Nadal and Djokovic are still in the game at 31/32 with children Wink I don't think Federer would 'improve' his fitness by coughing blood either, blimey what have you been sniffing?!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

Mirka should just tell him he's getting nothing until he brings her another Slam trophy.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:52 pm

Yeah, that's a good strategy...leave him horny before sending him to a far flung location where he'll be mobbed by young groupies.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:58 pm

I don't want to sound sexist to our beloved opposite sex, but Mirka has to be the ugly duck queen of the wifes on the tour?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 05 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

She's no bimbo, that's for sure. Not ugly though, not close.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 05 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

Yeah she's not ugly, and given Federer could punch below above his weight it's nice to see he went for someone he really liked, not a trophy wife/girlfriend like you see with others.

JM, lighten up man. The point is that at 35 years old you can play cutting edge tennis on a base of talent if you dedicate yourself to it. Haas is by no means the only man to show it. Agassi did it too, reaching the final of US Open at age 35, pushing prime Federer very hard indeed. It was his 1120th match - Federer hasn't played as many matches as that yet plus is still 31. Ok he's played a lot of matches but if he still wants it, it's still physically/mentally possible.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 05 Jul 2013, 3:11 pm

@Jahu... you do sound sexist, no matter how hard you try? Wink

@BB... Mirka needs leather and whip. Perhaps Baby Federer's significant other can train Mirka, while Paganini draws his ounce of blood and carves the pound(s) of flesh.

@Lydian... Very amusing OP. rose I think he is at interesting crossroads, a la Borg.

In response to SoCal's OP with a similar tone, calling Federer lazy is OTT, IMVHO.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 05 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

Thanks LF, its "meant in the best possssssssssible taste" Wink

Roger and Mirka across the dinner table Cleo+Rocos
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:26 pm

Haas and Agassi are not the best comparisions - they both had disappointing early careers, one because of injury after injury and the other because he seemed to be out of love with his career.  That is not to be unappreciative of the huge will and effort it took from both of them to have one last 'leave it all out there' but Fed, while he still has a hunger to win, it cannot be such a desperate one - he knows who is, how good he is and so will posterity, it must mean that it plays with more, if not complacency, peace with himself.  I think the refreshing of the mind after break from the tour is an important benefit, and sometimes Fed looks out of ideas and short on concentration as well atm.

If he still has a desperate hunger then I'm sure he will be planning how to refresh and come back to hold his own against the young brigade - it's all about, as we've all said, just how desperate that hunger is still.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I heard that there is more than one Mirka. You can see them at comparethemirka.com
Simples.

Unfortunately he is no Tiger Woods Laugh

Btw great and fun narration Lydian thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down