The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Ireland.

+2
westisbest
Higher_Ground
6 posters

Go down

To Ireland.  Empty To Ireland.

Post by Higher_Ground Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:12 pm

Welshman in peace.
I'm 35, so never got to see the great Welsh sides of the 70's play, aside from DVD now, and never got to see genuine legends of the game.
I'd just like to say that I've had the privilege of watching an actual LEGEND of the game play for the last 15 years or so, and I'm not going to lie, and say I haven't wished great harm upon him on a variety of occasions, but to think that a nation like Ireland, where rugby is still a minority sport, could produce a player that would walk into any team in the world at any time in the last 10 years is in incredible. He's done it all, and the fact he didn't play today doesn't take anything away from his series win. Ask Jonathan Davies how much be had to raise his game knowing who's spot he was taking!!
Cheers BOD, you defined my rugby life, and you'll still probably bl00dy win the Heineken cup next year.

With that, a word for Ronan O'Gara. Was really sorry to see how his career ended up, and I hope with some reflection, that he'll be given the credit he deserves for what he did for Munster and Irish rugby.
Honestly, if I saw him in the street, I'd probably swing for him myself, but that's not very rugby!! Jonny Sexton has a lot to thank him for, by allowing him to be introduced gradually into international rugby, rather than being thrown in to games too early. He just couldn't shake ROG, and I think that was a blessing.
Hope the new 'golden generation' comes along soon. Cardiff will be waiting. Goodnight my Lions comrades....for one more night.

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

To Ireland.  Empty Re: To Ireland.

Post by westisbest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:17 pm

BOD is au legend. great win today.

great performace from all.

lot of beers today to celebrate.

england, ireland, scotland and wales god bless us all.

cheers boys and babes:guinness:

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:19 pm

Yes,you missed a lot!
Mike Gibson is the finest Irish player that I have ever seen play.BoD is nearly on a par mind!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:22 pm

westisbest wrote:
england, ireland, scotland and wales god bless us all.

cheers boys and babes:guinness:

Good man yerself, fair play to you all thumbsup guinness 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by logie28 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:57 pm

Cheers boys.

The Welsh guys were clearly the backbone of this team and its success and I think there was a lot of misunderstanding on the part of some welsh fans regarding the wider reaction to Bod's non selection. Now I didnt read every post on every thread but the general shock and upset around the team selection wasn't about other fans thinking the Welsh players weren't good players. I certainly knew JD was a great player, a fact acknowledged by everyone else I talked to about it, but I, and most others, just thought Bod should play. Gatland was public enemy No.1 in Ireland this week, but no one was attacking the players themselves.

In the end the guys selected did a magnificent job and will go down as legends themselves and we can all thank the Welsh boys for all the did the ensure this success for the Lions!

logie28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:56 pm

logie28 wrote:Cheers boys.

The Welsh guys were clearly the backbone of this team and its success and I think there was a lot of misunderstanding on the part of some welsh fans regarding the wider reaction to Bod's non selection. Now I didnt read every post on every thread but the general shock and upset around the team selection wasn't about other fans thinking the Welsh players weren't good players. I certainly knew JD was a great player, a fact acknowledged by everyone else I talked to about it, but I, and most others, just thought Bod should play. Gatland was public enemy No.1 in Ireland this week, but no one was attacking the players themselves.

In the end the guys selected did a magnificent job and will go down as legends themselves and we can all thank the Welsh boys for all the did the ensure this success for the Lions!

Yes but even John Davies said he felt like public enemy number 1 after his post match interview with Will greenwood. I men that's not on, I felt really sorry and angry for him. But it's in the past and people must know learn to let it go and that's including myself.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down